Which players will compete with Malkin this season for the Art Ross?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Is injury a player? Because Malkin is always leading the league in like PPG or points then he gets his typical nagging shoulder / knee injury and sits twenty and then comes back and isn’t back to normal until the playoffs if then.

It’s funny that Penguins fans criticize Letang of being injury prone when that is Malkin 100%

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Is injury a player? Because Malkin is always leading the league in like PPG or points then he gets his typical nagging shoulder / knee injury and sits twenty and then comes back and isn’t back to normal until the playoffs if then.

It’s funny that Penguins fans criticize Letang of being injury prone when that is Malkin 100%

True, but Malkin doesn't turn into mush when he comes back from an injury.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Are you concerned about sids concussion history?

I would be, if i was a penguins fan

I guess you're trying to take a shot. I'm not really that concerned, to be honest. Sid has had a number of concussions, but he's returned relatively quickly from all of them. His long-term injury that everyone thought was a concussion was a misdiagnosed neck injury.

Also, Sid isn't the entire team the way McDavid is. If McDavid goes down with an injury, the Oilers are absolutely f***ed. The same isn't true of the Penguins.

Reactions: mouz135

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
To be fair Malkin outscored Crosby by 11 points in the reg season last year and has been dominant so far this year. I'd be surprised if Crosby outscored Malkin in the reg season.

Do you think Crosby's 10th place in scoring is the new norm for him? After a Richard, a 2nd place Hart and Art and dominated the playoffs?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Do you think Crosby's 10th place in scoring is the new norm for him? After a Richard, a 2nd place Hart and Art and dominated the playoffs?
I think Crosby's showing his age more than Malkin. He needs to work harder for his points than Malkin does, and that's not something i think he's willing to do at this point every game in the regular season. I'd still rather have Crosby than anyone in the playoffs, but that's not what this thread is about.

Reactions: Son Goku

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
It’s awfully hard to bet against McDavid. Even now, after the Oilers horrid start, he’s only, what, five points behind league lead

So by horrid start are you referring to the 0-2 start to the season? Cause since that time they certainly haven't been horrid, in fact since then they're 6-1-1 which is pretty much the exact opposite. 2 losses to start the season hardly justifies saying things like "horrid start to the season"

or is it a reference to the strength of the teams they've faced?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Sounds like what happened to EDM last year. Dead last PP. See how many PP points McDavid got compared to the rest of the top 10. he still crushed em all.

He was referring to PP opportunities afforded, not the conversion of said opportunities. Pens have a great PP this year, but they're getting less opportunities than every other team in the league. They haven't been working particularly hard thus far, so hopefully they'll pick it up more and start getting more opportunities.

Thread title is still "wut" however...

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
He was referring to PP opportunities afforded, not the conversion of said opportunities. Pens have a great PP this year, but they're getting less opportunities than every other team in the league. They haven't been working particularly hard thus far, so hopefully they'll pick it up more and start getting more opportunities.

Thread title is still "wut" however...
The Oilers finished last year with fewer PPOs than any team since the 1978-79.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Kuznetsov has carried over his playoff form and plays on the best PP in the league. He’s certainly a contender.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Great opinion, not really backed up with any real evidence that he is better offensively.

He had more points in the regular season last year, so what you say is a lie - like most you write around here.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009

Below 90 is the new norm for him. Malkin proved that he is a threat for 100+ last year, something Crosby havent shown in years.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
lol the OP is stating that sentence like Malkin is king and the favourite... who dares keep up with Malkin .......

maxresdefault.jpg

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
McDavid, Mackinnon and Crosby are the three other front-runners I would guess. Would have included Matthews with his hot start (more likely a Rocket contender then a Art Ross, but still an outside shot), but that 4-week injury pretty thoughly mixes that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad