Which players will compete with Malkin this season for the Art Ross?

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
McDavid will win it unless he gets injured. Geno's age and propensity for getting hurt put him at a disadvantage.
His age is a non factor. He could get hurt though. If Malkin plays a full season though he is fully capable of being right up there with McDavid.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux are the only 2 players in NHL history who could win art ross trophies with their eyes closed

If Malkin has a fantastic season - or Mack, or Kuch, or Crosby - any of them is able to beat McDavid likely even in a good year for McDavid. If McDavid has a bad year? He can lose to a few too. I don't think he's yet proven to be unbeatable - he's only won both Ross so far by a "small" margin.

Favorite? Absolutely
Unbeatable? Nope. and I feel as though too many people around here are thinking of him such lately.

The scary thing is that I don't think that Mcdavid has had a great year luck wise yet.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
If McDavid is healthy, I don’t see anyone coming close to him this year imo. He’s better than in years past and it looks like the PP is much better than last year. He’s also gelling with RNH...too many positives...I’m thinking he finishes 110-120 if he plays all 82.
lol. The PP for Edmonton has been run in atrocious fashion. Five left handed shots on PP1 and five Right handed shots on PP2.

McDavid is doing it with little help and will continue to do so.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
The only people I see competing for the art ross is Mcdavid, makinnon and malkin.

And I guess I would be silly not to acknowledge Rantanen. He’s the play maker of the line which helps point totals but I’m just not sure he will go from 84 to 105( which is probably the least it will take to win the art ross). If all four stay healthy I think he finishes 4th

oilchamp99

Jan 5, 2011
Edmonton
lol. The PP for Edmonton has been run in atrocious fashion. Five left handed shots on PP1 and five Right handed shots on PP2.

McDavid is doing it with little help and will continue to do so.
Although I agree 5 same handed shots on a PP is absurd, McDavid did it on his own last year... 20 pp points out of 108 points...he has 8 pp points already this year and the pp has actually looked solid lately.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
... did you misspell McDavid?

Regardless if hes not #1 right now, hes the reigning back2back winner... everyone competes with him not Malkin/MackInnon/etc
He wasn't #1 for a lot of the year but he is often an insane performer in the second half of the season.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Will Malkin even lead his team in points this season? Perhaps a better question.

McDavid or MacKinnon for the Art Ross.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
If Mallon can score 115+ points he has a chance against McDavid. Otherwise, it’s McDavid’s.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Don't see how that's a better question when he's clearly the best offensive player on his team.

Because he beat Crosby in the regular season for the third time in thirteen tries? Or because he got bettered in the playoffs for the 4th time in a row?

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
McDavid is guaranteed to win the Art Ross if he plays atleast 75 games

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Malkin
McDavid
MacKinnon
Kucherov
Kane
Crosby
Marchand

all have a chance.

Still put my money on McDavid but Malkin is my number 2.

I see many include Rantanen but I see almost no chance for him. I know he's currently in the lead but he's been very lucky and there is no way he keeps it up and all of the players I listed above are better than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->