Which forwards are better than Draisaitl right now?

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
drai is a beast, a lot like malkin/Crosby drai mcjesus will go back and forth on whos better that year. Kenny has a lot of work to do to build around them but you couldn't ask for 2 better players to build around.

Reactions: Mbraunm

Lias

Jan 7, 2020
Genuinely laughing so hard right now. I just spit coffee into my lap. God damn you.
Wasn't meant to be a joke. After looking into this further, I can add McCann, Rust, Svechnikov, Boeser, JT Miller, Marcus Foligno, Niederreiter, Pacioretty, Hall, Zucker, Copp, Reilly Smith, William Nylander, Pettersson, Marner, Kase, Forsberg, Bjorkstrand, Giroux, O'Reilly, Cirelli, Radulov, Tatar, Dubois, Hertl, Craig Smith, Gallagher, Danault, Vrana

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Wasn't meant to be a joke. After looking into this further, I can add McCann, Rust, Svechnikov, Boeser, JT Miller, Marcus Foligno, Niederreiter, Pacioretty, Hall, Zucker, Copp, Reilly Smith, William Nylander, Pettersson, Marner, Kase, Forsberg, Bjorkstrand, Giroux, O'Reilly, Cirelli, Radulov, Tatar, Dubois, Hertl, Craig Smith, Gallagher, Danault, Vrana

Don't forget the freight train:

unknown.png

(This post actually is meant to be a joke but I fully endorse the post I quoted. Tavares also got snubbed.)

duul

Jun 21, 2010
A solid case could be made for Teddy Blueger as well, when you think about it rationally.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
Off the top of my head:

Crosby, Stone, Kucherov, Panarin, Malkin, Mackinnon, Matthews, McDavid, Marchand, Bergeron, Stamkos, Huberdeau, Couturier, Point, Vrana

If I look into it, probably some more too
Weird having Vrana there instead of the other 4 all-stars on that team

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
McDavid
MacKinnon
Kerfoot

The only ones I can think of better than Draisaitl

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
He was better than McDavid the first 20-25 games or so when McDavid was getting his legs back following that insane recovery he made. In fact I’d argue during that period Draisaitl was the best player in the NHL.
Outside of that funky spell he went through for a few games hes been the best player this year.

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
How exactly is it weird? He's been the Capitals' best forward
Some people have more conventional and effective ways of evaluating players than whatever arbitrary way you're choosing to use. Now your list makes sense.

Lias

Jan 7, 2020
Some people have more conventional and effective ways of evaluating players than whatever arbitrary way you're choosing to use. Now your list makes sense.
Looking at points and other counting stats may be conventional, but in no way is it effective.

Using analytics is not arbitrary, it's literally just looking at data

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
the thread should have been called which forwards is draisaitl better than right? would have been a shorter list

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Looking at points and other counting stats may be conventional, but in no way is it effective.

Using analytics is not arbitrary, it's literally just looking at data

You might want to ask Dallas Eakins on how well that worked out for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad