Which current Habs roster player has the most trade value?

Guess which current Habs roster player has the most trade value

• Total voters

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
2x20G goal seasons great speed+pk, cheap contract. Nah, he's worth a first at the deadline

Do i have to list pacioretty's accolades and blah blah and his super cheap contract and blah blah and ..oh wait even Max didnt fetch a 1st

and i get WHY he didnt fetch a first anymore..but HIGHLY doubt byron attracts that kind of bounty, i like byron a lot sure, but you guys are being super bias here , i dont know how many teams are dying for 5"7 players close to 30

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
Do i have to list pacioretty's accolades and blah blah and his super cheap contract and blah blah and ..oh wait even Max didnt fetch a 1st

and i get WHY he didnt fetch a first anymore..but HIGHLY doubt byron attracts that kind of bounty, i like byron a lot sure, but you guys are being super bias here , i dont know how many teams are dying for 5"7 players close to 30

No one is giving up a f***ing 1st round pick to rent Paul Byron lol

Reactions: Deluded Puck

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

Yeah but there was also Suzuki and Tatar in the Patch trade. Here the presumption is Byron for a 1st, not Byron for a first ++

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Weber I think if he proves to be healthy at the trade deadline?? To a team Cup close guys like him are the difference between a cup or two or being knocked out of playoffs in 2nd round. Plus #1 defensemen with most of his contract already paid there is potentially a lot there.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

Max fetched last years 13 OA pick who IS a 1st though..

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Easily Gallagher. Age 26-28 at a $3.75M cap hit for 3 years. Great AAV for a top 6 RW player who is in the middle of his prime and zero weakness to his game. I don't believe Byron is 2nd behind Gallagher but his value is really high as well. If we put Byron out there as being available, the teams line-up. Game breaking speed and he is a proven 20 goal scorer. Perfect top 9 player who can play both wings and the PK.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Max fetched last years 13 OA pick who IS a 1st though..

It's probably worth more than a 13th pick now. Draft +1 season and good development (Age 18/19) >> Pre-Draft (Age 17/18).

Edit: The other thing to note is we know what we are getting with Suzuki. If we got a 1st and no grade A prospect, we get a 1st that we don't know what actual pick it is and it could be a 20+ 1st round pick.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I wanted a 1st round pick as well but that's because I thought a grade A prospect was not available. I like the return. We did well and it's a fair trade in the end. All that crazy low ball talk and the Habs are "in trouble" with Patch BS.
I’m surprised Bergevin was able to pull it off, I was expecting just a mid to late 1st round pick and a cap dump.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I'm not surprised. Patience pays off. Bergevin set the price high and he was right to do so... weather we like him or not. He made the right move and got a good return.
Personally I think the right time was last trade deadline, Pierre McGuire says that there was better deals for us offered by a couple teams but Bergevin’s ask was too high back then.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I would love to know what the best offers were back at the last deadline.
Pierre Mac wouldn’t elaborate on Melnick’s show but he said better deals were offered and he thinks Suzuki might end up being a RW..

And 60% of the time, Pierre is right every time..
54DF869A-9094-422B-B327-2B2B60933FD7.jpeg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pierre Mac wouldn’t elaborate on Melnick’s show but he said better deals were offered and he thinks Suzuki might end up being a RW..

Lots of rumors out there. Hard to believe them when they are rarely right. It's just a bunch of opinions and people playing GM. Suzuki might be a winger, I'm OK with it cause he is a grade A prospect.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Lots of rumors out there. Hard to believe them when they are rarely right. It's just a bunch of opinions and people playing GM. Suzuki might be a winger, I'm OK with it cause he is a grade A prospect.
Ya he is a good player, we still need to draft more centers, we are in no way out of the woods prospect wise..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ya he is a good player, we still need to draft more centers, we are in no way out of the woods prospect wise..

I rather go after a PM LD now. We will know how our centers develop in another 12 months and get a better future forecast. Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Suzuki, DLR, Danault, Olofsson, McShane, Evans. All solid depth up the middle. Name me a team that has better depth in their prospect pool at center?

But yes, if we are winning a cup in the next 5-10 years. We need some elite level talent. It's lacking and it takes a lottery win or to get lucky with Kotkaniemi turning into a legit #1C.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I wanted a 1st round pick as well but that's because I thought a grade A prospect was not available. I like the return. We did well and it's a fair trade in the end. All that crazy low ball talk and the Habs are "in trouble" with Patch BS.

It was great after all of the fans from other teams were completely adamant that the Habs would never get a good centre prospect for Max. Then the Kane and Skinner deals happened and that added fuel to their fire. Then of course the drama of the summer, almost trading him, incessant rumours, etc. Now I’m sure they are all saying Suzuki isn’t that good.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It was great after all of the fans from other teams were completely adamant that the Habs would never get a good centre prospect for Max. Then the Kane and Skinner deals happened and that added fuel to their fire. Then of course the drama of the summer, almost trading him, incessant rumours, etc. Now I’m sure they are all saying Suzuki isn’t that good.

It's comical and a lot of them should shut their mouth now that the trade has happened and they were completely wrong. The next troll comments will be when Patch scores 35+ goals next year and they say he is one of the best goal scorers in the game.

A lot of Leafs fans were all over the trade and they are dreaming we suck like they did for 10+ years. I told them we got a better return for Patch than they did with Kessel. We also did better than the Bruins did with Lucic

Bruins trading Lucic:
- 2015 13th pick (ended up being Zboril)
- Jones (Flipped for a 2016 late 1st. Ended up being Frederic with the 29th pick)
- Meh prospect (Miller)

Leafs trading Kessel (And a 2016 2nd and meh prospects in Biggs and Erixon):
- $1.2M salary retention for 7 years.
- Kapanen
- 2016 1st (Later Flipped with another 2nd for Anderson)
- 2016 3rd

They say they got Kapanen and Anderson for Kessel but ignore the salary retention (could come in handy now) and the 2- 2nd round picks they also traded in both those deals.

Only way the Habs lose this trade is if Suzuki turns into a 3rd line player, we bust with the 2nd round pick, and Tatar falls off a cliff.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad