Which current Habs roster player has the most trade value?

Guess which current Habs roster player has the most trade value

• Total voters

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
Prob Gallagher....I'd have voted for patioready if he didn't have a down year last season and all the rumors and bad stuff in the media

Reactions: DAChampion

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
I voted Weber because if he comes back healthy, he has a lot of value. If it's right now (while he's injured), then it would be someone else.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I voted for Weber.

I'd guess that Gallagher is #2, and Drouin is #3.

This sounds right. Weber is probably still a top-2 guy assuming he makes a 100% recovery and I’d guess-timate he can give another 2 years of top-2 contribution.

Gallagher has developed his scoring knack over a few seasons and I think he can be counted on for 25 goals a year while playing with that grit.

Drouin has a good contract and can probably blossom under the right role and circumstances.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Gallagher, given his contract and what he brings to the table (points or no points) every night.
I’d say Gallagher because of his contract.

That.

top6 player at 3.75M$ for 3 seasons?

His caphit is low and not as long as Weber's or Price's.
He won't run off next season, what will Patch do?
Drouin and Domi's current value is probably low
Lehkonen and Hudon's is even lower
Petry's value could rise up if he plays the same way as last season

Edit.
1. Gallagher 2. Patch 3. Petry 4. Weber 5. Price 6. Drouin/Domi

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
as of today, taking in everything, I'd rank them,

1. Gallagher (30 g, very good contract, owed 9.75M over 3 years, 3.75M cap hit)

2. Pac (at least to me, a guy that is usually good for 30+ goals)

3. Petry (back to back career years, owed 13M over 3 years, 5.5M cap hit is a little high but teams looking for a solid top 4 and he's cheaper in salary vs cap hit)

4. Weber (injuries, terrible contract, owed 30M over 8 years. After missing a full year of hockey, his value has to of taken a big hit until he shows he is back and the injury hasn't impacted him)

5. Drouin (owed 26.5M over 5 years, but turned 23 a few months ago so still based off projection/upside)

6. Domi (almost the exact same age as Drouin, he's put up a .66 ppg over the last 2 seasons)

7. Price (terrible contract, owed 84M over 8 years, coming off worst season by far)

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
as of today, taking in everything, I'd rank them,

1. Gallagher (30 g, very good contract, owed 9.75M over 3 years, 3.75M cap hit)

2. Pac (at least to me, a guy that is usually good for 30+ goals)

3. Petry (back to back career years, owed 13M over 3 years, 5.5M cap hit is a little high but teams looking for a solid top 4 and he's cheaper in salary vs cap hit)

4. Weber (injuries, terrible contract, owed 30M over 8 years. After missing a full year of hockey, his value has to of taken a big hit until he shows he is back and the injury hasn't impacted him)

5. Drouin (owed 26.5M over 5 years, but turned 23 a few months ago so still based off projection/upside)

6. Domi (almost the exact same age as Drouin, he's put up a .66 ppg over the last 2 seasons)

7. Price (terrible contract, owed 84M over 8 years, coming off worst season by far)

I got Gallagher and Pac as 1 &2, I got Drouin as #3 then Weber as #4.

Being owed 30 million over 8 years isn't much, why is that a terrible contract?

His contract is fine, if he retires early it's Nashville's problem anyway.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I still say it's Weber. Before anyone says "terrible contract" you need to actually look at the details. No chance he plays the final 3 years at 1M per and doubtful he even plays for 3M in 2022/23, unless he's still healthy and on a good team.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I hope Weber has a good year and gets moved for a 2020 first round pick. Tank for Lafreniere.

Pacioretty should have the most value. Despite last year, the guy is an elite proven goal scorer with a low cap hit.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Ducharme and Bouchard. Kidding aside maybe Gallagher. You won't get a big return for Weber from the injuries and surgeries

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Ducharme and Bouchard. Kidding aside maybe Gallagher. You won't get a big return for Weber from the injuries and surgeries

Assuming the absolute worst, he's still a very solid #3 (speed was never his thing, so his foot surgery won't impact him too negatively). I think Weber can yield a very big return if we retain say 1.5 million on him...a #3 for 6.3m is not bad.

If we choose not to retain, he has high value to salary floor teams as he's only owed 30m over the next 8 years which is a plus to teams like Ottawa.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Gallagher = best odds of high value return

Price or Weber = highest potential return

Few, if any, teams would make a play for our two best players, so Gallagher likely lands the best return... But, I could see that 1 or 2 GM's willing to bet the farm on shea or Carey.

Reactions: PhysicX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad