Which current Habs roster player has the most trade value?

Guess which current Habs roster player has the most trade value

• Total voters

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's comical and a lot of them should shut their mouth now that the trade has happened and they were completely wrong. The next troll comments will be when Patch scores 35+ goals next year and they say he is one of the best goal scorers in the game.

He could very well do that and we expect it. But then he’ll score 2 goals in 11 playoff games and we will say “told ya so”

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I’m surprised Bergevin was able to pull it off, I was expecting just a mid to late 1st round pick and a cap dump.

well, we got a mid-round 1st from a year ago, a likely late 2nd, and something between a cap-dump/reclamation project/bad roster fit... so i'd say the return was on par with the expectations of what Patches was to be traded for, given how poorly MB managed the situation..

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Do i have to list pacioretty's accolades and blah blah and his super cheap contract and blah blah and ..oh wait even Max didnt fetch a 1st

and i get WHY he didnt fetch a first anymore..but HIGHLY doubt byron attracts that kind of bounty, i like byron a lot sure, but you guys are being super bias here , i dont know how many teams are dying for 5"7 players close to 30
Isn't Suzuki a first round pick? So you could say Captain Ready got us a first + one year development.

Last edited:
Reactions: le_sean

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He could very well do that and we expect it. But then he’ll score 2 goals in 11 playoff games and we will say “told ya so”

I'm not sure how he will do in the playoffs on another team with better centers. There is something to be said about his style of game. Tortorella didn't like him cause he is not a battler and he loses the puck a lot. Puck possession is not his strength.

Lets see how he plays with Stastny. They have history playing together.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
well, we got a mid-round 1st from a year ago, a likely late 2nd, and something between a cap-dump/reclamation project/bad roster fit... so i'd say the return was on par with the expectations of what Patches was to be traded for, given how poorly MB managed the situation..
Last three years Tatar scored 70 goals. Patches 82. Captain Ready had an average of four goals more a year. Tatar out scored Patches last year, is two years younger, after the extension will have a demonstrably cheaper contract and wasn't given every candy imaginable (PP, 1st line). It's obvious Patches has had to date the more productive career but not by that much and he's the player that will enter the league as a 31 year old with a 7 million dollar AV contract.

You keep claiming that Tatar is a reclamation project. He isn't. His numbers stack pretty decently with your supposedly Ace player.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Last three years Tatar scored 70 goals. Patches 82. Captain Ready had an average of four goals more a year. Tatar out scored Patches last year, is two years younger, after the extension will have a demonstrably cheaper contract and wasn't given every candy imaginable (PP, 1st line). It's obvious Patches has had to date the more productive career but not by that much and he's the player that will enter the league as a 31 year old with a 7 million dollar AV contract.

You keep claiming that Tatar is a reclamation project. He isn't. His numbers stack pretty decently with your supposedly Ace player.

Tatar ppg last year, while fully healthy and playing with superior linemates: .41
Pacioretty ppg last year, with injuries and playing on a team with no top 6 C's: .58

so in their career worst seasons, where one guy was healthy and playing in a decent-to-great situation, the other guy outscored him to the tune of a 14pts/82 game season.

Tatar career ppg: .53
Pacioretty career ppg: .72

so pacioretty averages 16pts/82 game season more than Tatar for their careers.

Pacioretty, whom i have no strong affinity for, is simply a much more consistent and effective offensive producer. They aren't even in the same category.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Tatar ppg last year, while fully healthy and playing with superior linemates: .41
Pacioretty ppg last year, with injuries and playing on a team with no top 6 C's: .58

so in their career worst seasons, where one guy was healthy and playing in a decent-to-great situation, the other guy outscored him to the tune of a 14pts/82 game season.

Tatar career ppg: .53
Pacioretty career ppg: .72

so pacioretty averages 16pts/82 game season more than Tatar for their careers.

Pacioretty, whom i have no strong affinity for, is simply a much more consistent and effective offensive producer. They aren't even in the same category.
I agreed with everything you just posted and I stated as much in my post. Captain Ready has had the more productive numbers in his career. But nothing that you just posted proves that Tatar is a reclamation project.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I agreed with everything you just posted and I stated as much in my post. Captain Ready has had the more productive numbers in his career. But nothing that you just posted proves that Tatar is a reclamation project.

"His numbers stack pretty decently with your supposedly Ace player"

As the numbers show, this is inaccurate.

If you don't like the word "reclamation" then great, ignore it.

Vegas was looking to dump a player they thought would be a fit but who turned out to be a HS when the season mattered most.

His production has declined in 2 of the last 3 seasons (plateaued the other) despite being in what should be the prime of his career's upward ark.

He's secured with a contract that pays him above what he's contributed the past 2 seasons, and going into the worst roster situation he's faced as a pro (in terms of linemate quality).

Bad fit... long shot... reclamation... the label is irrelevant, bottom line is that he wasn't an asset the Knights where looking to leverage, he was a cap add in that we had to take to get the deal done.

I hope he bounces back and reclaims a positive career development trajectory.... that he takes full advantage of the situation to reclaim a reliable top-6 reputation... that he reclaims a reputation as a valuable asset.... that he makes MB look like a genius for taking him on and McPhee like a fool for giving up on him so soon

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Tatar is a noodle arm, a paper tiger, a nerf ball. He got over 50 points once because of Datsyuk, then posted mediocre 45 point seasons ever since. Hudon will eclipse him day 1.
Suzuki is the more valuable piece. Tatar is here to see if we can beat our own shutout record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad