Which current Habs roster player has the most trade value?

Guess which current Habs roster player has the most trade value

• Total voters

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
no doubt about it......Carey Price

he is the best goalie in the world.....and his GAA and SV% last season ranking him 50+ in the NHL prove that,

a total bargain at 10+ mil,

who wouldn't want the best goalie in the world at that bargain price?

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
no doubt about it......Carey Price

he is the best goalie in the world.....and his GAA and SV% last season ranking him 50+ in the NHL prove that,

a total bargain at 10+ mil,

who wouldn't want the best goalie in the world at that bargain price?
Imagine Price behind the Preds defense .....

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
not sure if you are joking here,

are you saying he would be better then Rinne?....if so, give your head a shake
the Price we saw last season, definitely not, but the real Carey Price in front of Josi, Ellis, Subban, Ekholm, yes! Rinne had a bounce back season this year after a real average 16-17 season.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
the Price we saw last season, definitely not, but the real Carey Price in front of Josi, Ellis, Subban, Ekholm, yes! Rinne had a bounce back season this year after a real average 16-17 season.

oh i get it......

when carey price is the best goalie in the world, its because he is the best goalie in the world,

but when he craps the bed, its the team and defense fault.....

ya sure.....got it!!

thats why niemi puts up better numbers then price behind the same team!

Reactions: Chr1s97

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
oh i get it......

when carey price is the best goalie in the world, its because he is the best goalie in the world,

but when he craps the bed, its the team and defense fault.....

ya sure.....got it!!

thats why niemi puts up better numbers then price behind the same team!
no you're missing my point, Carey had an awful season, no question about it, but it sure help to have a good defense in front of you, Montreal defense last year was bad, really bad, sometimes a great goalie make look good a poor defense, and sometimes a great defense can make look good an average goalie, just take a look at Scott Darling, who had the season of his life with the Blackhawks and Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, just to be disastrous with the Canes the next season. And to be honest, you can't judge Niemi on 19 games...

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
no you're missing my point, Carey had an awful season, no question about it, but it sure help to have a good defense in front of you, Montreal defense last year was bad, really bad, sometimes a great goalie make look good a poor defense, and sometimes a great defense can make look good an average goalie, just take a look at Scott Darling, who had the season of his life with the Blackhawks and Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, just to be disastrous with the Canes the next season. And to be honest, you can't judge Niemi on 19 games...

but dont you think there is a coincidence when price had his one "dream season" that we just happened to have our best team and defense in front of him in the past 20+ years, and the best defense and team since price has been a member of the habs?....because i do....it wasnt all Price that year, it was the team in front of him,

but when people around here look at Rinne and his vezina season they credit the team and defense....it just makes no sense,

when price is great its because he is a god.....when he is poor we blame the team in front of him.....yeah sure!!

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
but dont you think there is a coincidence when price had his one "dream season" that we just happened to have our best team and defense in front of him in the past 20+ years, and the best defense and team since price has been a member of the habs?....because i do....it wasnt all Price that year, it was the team in front of him,

but when people around here look at Rinne and his vezina season they credit the team and defense....it just makes no sense,

when price is great its because he is a god.....when he is poor we blame the team in front of him.....yeah sure!!
I think its a mixing of both. A great goalie can't carry the load by himself a whole season in front of a poor defense same for a good defense squad.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I think its a mixing of both. A great goalie can't carry the load by himself a whole season in front of a poor defense same for a good defense squad.

all im saying is....whenever another goalie has a great season, and wins a vezina, everybody around here basically says "well look at the team he had in front of him!"

giving half the credit to the team,

but when Price had his one good season, its because he is a God, and because he is the best goalie in the world.....it had nothing to do with the great team he had in front of him,

and then when Price flops like last year, people around here say things like....."well look at the horrible team he had in front of him"...its totally double standard, blame it on the team when he has a bad year, but credit price when he has a good year!

how do people justify the great numbers niemi put up last season playing behind the same team as price?

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Pretty obvious it's Gallagher due to cap hit, term, production and his versatility on the line up. Weber is a log or a question mark, same for Price. After Gallagher It's Petry or Patches depending on demand.

Bobee

Jan 28, 2017
T-R
Price for sure ! Salary cap keep increasing. Goalies have longer career than majority of players. In a couple years his contract will be seen a bargain. BRRRAAAAAPPP

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
all im saying is....whenever another goalie has a great season, and wins a vezina, everybody around here basically says "well look at the team he had in front of him!"

but when Price had his one good season, its because he is a God, and because he is the best goalie in the world.....it had nothing to do with the great team he had in front of him,

and then when Price flops like last year, people around here say things like....."well look at the horrible team he had in front of him"...its totally double standard, blame it on the team when he has a bad year, but credit price when he has a good year!

how do people justify the great numbers niemi put up last season playing behind the same team as price?
Honestly, Price was awful, no question about it, as bad as our defense was, he should have been better. As for Niemi, its still a mystery for me, his stats with Dallas and Pittsburgh were abysmal, but congrats to the guy for leveled up !

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
the best player on the team of course

Best player and best value need not correspond.

In the Habs' case, the player with the best trade value is unquestionably Jesperi Kotkaniemi. I deliberately excluded him from the poll.

Reactions: PaulD

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Price gets way too much credit for his one great regular season.

I think that part of the reason that many Habs fans hold onto Price is that they've had nearly nothing else to cheer for in the past ... forever.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If Pacioretty plus cap dumps is worth Suzuki, imagine the gold mine that Weber might be worth.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He's a 20 goal scorer on a cheap deal, who can play anywhere and in any situation, on top of how he affects team speed. He's worth a late 1st more than a late 2nd.

We've got a lot of value to sell this year. Petry or Weber could get us a kings ransom.
And that could very well happen sure, i just, in my opinion, dont think he fetches a first, i find people are devaluing 1st round picks for trades so bad lately

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
And that could very well happen sure, i just, in my opinion, dont think he fetches a first, i find people are devaluing 1st round picks for trades so bad lately

Let's cross our fingers though. I really want us to get multiple firsts this year.

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad