Post-Game Talk: Where's all that talent Bob?....

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Too bad Talbot has been absolute garbage for almost 2 years. Just because Koskinen sucks doesn't make Talbot any good.

The suggestion was that it was a huge mistake to play the goalie that had the only good goaltending performance this club has seen in weeks. As if the goaltending, whoever was in net, was going to make any difference.

The whole disposition of the Oilers was that they lost this game before it started. They know they can't play with a Sharks team even remotely healthy.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Its Hilarious we built a .6B buck Arena project for this. Why?

If this club was in Seattle by now we wouldn't be experiencing any of this.

Worse thing is its going to take 3 seasons just to try to crawl out of the atrocious depth position Chia has left this org in. We can't even fill out a complement of forwards without dipping more into the AHL.

Its actually a bit funny to me that are spending 10G for this. Anybody could;'ve seen this trainwreck coming with Chias involvement.

These games wouldn't be even remotely enjoyable to go to unless you were cheering against the home team.
Tbh, I had no idea that Lucic that would decline as much as he has or as quickly. Which is probably the biggest Chia blunder aside from the trade for Larsson.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
The suggestion was that it was a huge mistake to play the goalie that had the only good goaltending performance this club has seen in weeks. As if the goaltending, whoever was in net, was going to make any difference.

The whole disposition of the Oilers was that they lost this game before it started. They know they can't play with a Sharks team even remotely healthy.

No, the suggestion was Koskinen is worse than Talbot last month. Totally true, but they both suck this year

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
But one of them is soon to make 4.5 million for the next 3 years. Think about that.

The one that's been playing so badly the coach and team can't see how to play him. Its like everytime he gets a start theres more embarrassment.

Its like a nightmare the org wants everybody to forget. except that contract is signed and another expected payout at some point. Maybe when all our other payouts expire..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No, the suggestion was Koskinen is worse than Talbot last month. Totally true, but they both suck this year

The suggestion was to a suggestion that starting Talbot was a big mistake. It didn't make any difference. That's what the replies are about.

If Koski had been the goalie in this game the talk would be about how bad the Oilers own zone performance was and how open the sharks were. But since its Talbot its open season.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Since Christmas,
Koskinen is 3-6-1 .871 3.94
Talbot is 3-5-1 .892 3.65

They both suck, but they also both play behind an AHL team, so...

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Tbh, I had no idea that Lucic that would decline as much as he has or as quickly. Which is probably the biggest Chia blunder aside from the trade for Larsson.
I think Chia was the figurehead of a horrible group-think tank.

The Reinhart trade was NOT Chia, neither was the Costco signing.

We need to purge the OBC. They're like Hydra.

Reactions: McBeastMode

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
The one that's been playing so badly the coach and team can't see how to play him. Its like everytime he gets a start theres more embarrassment.

Its like a nightmare the org wants everybody to forget. except that contract is signed and another expected payout at some point. Maybe when all our other payouts expire..
I don't think Kosk has played as bad as Talbot really any point this year. He had a few rough outings but to say they are using him sparingly because Talbot has earned the starts isnt true.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
The suggestion was to a suggestion that starting Talbot was a big mistake. It didn't make any difference. That's what the replies are about.

If Koski had been the goalie in this game the talk would be about how bad the Oilers own zone performance was and how open the sharks were. But since its Talbot its open season.

I think the suggestion was a suggestion that suggested suggesting....I'm lost, lol ;)

I agree, they're both ass. Wouldn't matter who is in net

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Malone was probably our best player.

That Malone was showing more hustle than anybody else is everyone reason to suggest the team has given up. Nobody is going to state that or anything, its always going to be perfect Horcoff losing quotes but theres no try out there.

Outside of Drai passing to Larsson for a goal post there wasn't much there. Gas tank empty once again. If you brought a kid to see one game, and it was this one, the kid would cry. They'd be like a kid at the Skills comp going "where's Connor"

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think the suggestion was a suggestion that suggested suggesting....I'm lost, lol ;)

I agree, they're both ass. Wouldn't matter who is in net

We're on the same page. That's what I was going with. I was going to throw another suggestion in there for laughs.

In a sick bit of mockery after watching that Atrocity a Flames/Nucks game is on. That's just too much to expect from Oilers fans.

Somebody said earlier this was their favorite day of the year because of all day hockey. To me it kind of just amplifies the suck. Seeing fans of every other Canadian club but Ottawa be happy is too much.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Did we lose to Eakins tonight as well? Or is that game still being played? I'm all outta sorts with this early start, it being Dark in February almost all the time, the mind numbing cold, etc.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Usually one of the pleasures of watching team-sports is the unpredictability factor. You know, you don't know who's going to win, you don't know what's going to happen. So you can excited with anticipation.

But God, was this a boring-ass game. I can't blame the dude (above) who fell asleep watching it. Here's what we all could have predicted before the game:
- San Jose gets an early lead, which causes the Oilers to fall apart
- Kassian pointless penalties
- Oilers' PK blows
- Game over by early 2nd period

Here's what actually happened:
- San Jose got an early lead, which caused the Oilers to fall apart
- Kassian pointless penalties
- Oilers' PK blew
- Game was over by early 2nd period

Watching the Oilers is like re-watching and re-watching a bad movie, like Joe Vs. The Volcano or something...

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't think Kosk has played as bad as Talbot really any point this year. He had a few rough outings but to say they are using him sparingly because Talbot has earned the starts isnt true.
A FEW rough outings? Lol. Kosk has been terrible the last month and a half. There’s no denying it. The only thing propping his stats to the present mediocre status is the 10 game out of body experience he had to start his run until teams figured him out.

And now, he’s going to get 3 years at 13.5 million to play bad. Awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad