Post-Game Talk: Where's all that talent Bob?....

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
It's too bad the NHL isn't structured like the Euro Premier League, where teams get demoted and promoted.

I'm fairly confident the Oilers could be at least a .500 team -- possibly more! -- in the AHL.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That Malone was showing more hustle than anybody else is everyone reason to suggest the team has given up. Nobody is going to state that or anything, its always going to be perfect Horcoff losing quotes but theres no try out there.

Outside of Drai passing to Larsson for a goal post there wasn't much there. Gas tank empty once again. If you brought a kid to see one game, and it was this one, the kid would cry. They'd be like a kid at the Skills comp going "where's Connor"
Hitch can say what he wants at the pressers. The team, other than a game here and there, has tuned him out.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
A FEW rough outings? Lol. Kosk has been terrible the last month and a half. There’s no denying it. The only thing propping his stats to the present mediocre status is the 10 game out of body experience he had to start his run until teams figured him out.
The team is ass, Kosk is the better goalie. I didnt like the fact that they offered Kosk the contract way to early, still kind of a mystery. Now Kosk feels the pressure of living up to the contract in front of this garbage and Talbot will net nothing in the way of a TDL deal. I still think Kosk has played way better than Talbot in almost all of his starts.

Reactions: Zguy370

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hitch can say what he wants at the pressers. The team, other than a game here and there, has tuned him out.

I would say they have tuned the org out. The one that allowed Chia the keys to the car. They know it doesn't matter, that the roster just isn't there. We have 4 guys on the team even capable of scoring goals and one of them is pretty unexpected. This is even fortune occurring in a Chia lineup that Chiasson has scored this many but lacking half a dozen bonafide players it isn't close to being enough. Any night we're dressing 10 bad players.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The team is ass, Kosk is the better goalie. I didnt like the fact that they offered Kosk the contract way to early, still kind of a mystery. Now Kosk feels the pressure of living up to the contract in front of this garbage and Talbot will net nothing in the way of a TDL deal. I still think Kosk has played way better than Talbot in almost all of his starts.

Talbot has been better in every single stat in 2019. Koski has been garbage.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If he’s already feeling the pressure of a contract before it even kicks in, is that a guy you have confidence in going forward?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That's one of the most depressing things a coach can say about your team when you're just a few points out of the playoffs 2/3 into the regular season.

Hitch is 100% right. Incredible...isnt it?
So very depressing especially when you stop to consider that this is what we are left with after 4 years of rebuilding around Connor McDavid.
4 years later and this team is even further away from being a finished product than it was before Chiarelli got here.
Absolutely f****ing amazing.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So very depressing especially when you stop to consider that this is what we are left with after 4 years of rebuilding around Connor McDavid.
After 4 years and this team is even further away from being a finished product than it was before Chiarelli got here.
Isn’t it his job to motivate the players? The team looked better under McLellan and they are the worst team in the league at home.

Reactions: space321

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Nice cherry pick on stats.

Ridiculous comment. Koski has 10 good NHL games total, that it. Anybody thinking that means he's a better, or good to great goalie is speciously looking at only that, which was 3mths ago.

Soon as NHL scouting happened, and Koski leaks were being spotted he's being owned. Its easy to see.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
4 years later and this team is even further away from being a finished product than it was before Chiarelli got here.

We are actually closer.
When Chiapet came over we had no prospects in the system.
We've got half dozen prospects on the farm team whom I think will actually have NHL careers.
That's not much, but that's more than what we had when we drafted McDavid.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
You mean, leaving out the unattainable 10 game run, lol. We’re nearly a month and a half into 2019. Crunch time. Or, should I say, fold under pressure time.
No taking a stretch including the allstar break and where the team has been defensively inept. Kosk didnt play out of this world during that streak and the team played much better. You guys can skew it any way you like, Talbot is not earning starts with his play. They are either showcasing him and building his value, and failing miserably. Or deliberately tanking. Any other reason doesnt make sense.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Isn’t it his job to motivate the players? The team looked better under McLellan and they are the worst team in the league at home.

How do you motivate a team that knows its employed by idiots that will continue to sabotage any efforts. Most of the players on this club have been around long enough to know the only point is to get paid and nothing else is happening. I figured this was going to be a very long season. My only surprise is that realistic elimination occurred this late, but that's mostly due to how poor the WC is.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Look at that six year old looking petterson kid on van.

Hes like 170 pounds. He protects the puck and wins battles.

Pool party and 15 or so Oilers should go ask him for some pointers

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
After 4 years and this team is even further away from being a finished product than it was before Chiarelli got here.
I wouldn’t really have much of an issue with Hitch’s comments if he had kept his big mouth shut when he came in. I might even feel sorry for him. But when he arguably threw the former coach under the bus and trivialized this teams issues, thinking he could fix them with a snap of his fingers and a click of his shoes, he can now lie in the bed he made.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We are actually closer.
When Chiapet came over we had no prospects in the system.
We've got half dozen prospects on the farm team whom I think will actually have NHL careers.
That's not much, but that's more than what we had when we drafted McDavid.
JP and Yamamoto are not tracking well at all.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No taking a stretch including the allstar break and where the team has been defensively inept. Kosk didnt play out of this world during that streak and the team played much better. You guys can skew it any way you like, Talbot is not earning starts with his play. They are either showcasing him and building his value, and failing miserably. Or deliberately tanking. Any other reason doesnt make sense.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to say in this post.

Talbot played excellent in the last game. Did you miss that one?

Koski hasn't been earning starts since around November. But he got paid so now theres nothing at all to play for.

The same org that setup all of Hall, Eberle Nuge with 6M buck contracts prematurely ejaculated again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00