Vegas about to circumvent cap again? UPD: Mark Stone back practicing.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Holy crap. Not only do you not consider it cap cheating, you think it’s for the good of the game?

You think what Vegas did increased the salaries paid to players? JFC its just salary redistribution. In this case, to give one team a distinct advantage over all its competition.
1. Do you have any proof Mark Stone was not hurt and should never have been on LTIR? You can disagree that rule should be the way it is, but you have accept it is the rule. And if you agree Vegas followed letter of the law... I mean.

2. Yes, owners trying to win is good for the sport.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
1. Do you have any proof Mark Stone was not hurt and should never have been on LTIR? You can disagree that rule should be the way it is, but you have accept it is the rule. And if you agree Vegas followed letter of the law... I mean.

Take the L and share it with vegas man....

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Vegas is not the only one doing this.

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 23-23-14 PuckPedia - NHL Salary Cap Player Contracts and Salary Cap A...png

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Vegas is not the only one doing this.

View attachment 865688
The difference is, the players on LTIR for those other teams either did not play at all or came back later in the series unlike Vegas who suddenly and miraculously had Stone healthy again for the 1st game

Leafs- Muzzin, Murray, Klingberg. They did not play a single game

Tampa- Sergachev(came back later in the series) only played 2 games, and they have Seabrook still on LTIR

Avs- Francouz who retired, Landeskog who’s still a big question mark if he’ll play anytime in this playoffs or ever.

This other teams did not fake injury recovery timelines like Vegas did

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Of course, this probably just means that owners will continue to think there's nothing wrong with it and will continue to allow it.

Vegas always wins in the end.
Vegas doesn't have anything else to trade for big players anymore. They have their first this year but then not again until 2027

Last edited by a moderator:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Like I said, wrote paragraphs on this subject in this thread. If you aren’t just being a contrarian and actually care about my thoughts on the subject, look it up. It’ll address the “rule” Vegas is using which is in fact just a loophole the NHL in its incompetence accidentally left in the CBA. Or do you think the CBA was written to stash “injured” players to the start of the playoffs so they can load up to the max and to an amount higher than their competition.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It’s pretty simple - if you can play game 1 and look fully up to speed and ready, you probably were ready to be activated from IR a couple of weeks earlier. But couldn’t be because you went well above the cap. If you’re genuinely injured and can come back for game 4 or round 2, that’s whatever. The issue everyone has is stashing 8M contracts on LTIR through the TDL and having them be miraculously well healed and game ready for the very first game of the playoffs.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm starting to think even murder isn't a crime to you

Vegas doesn't have anything else to trade for big players anymore. They have their first this year but then not again until 2027
My god are you a drama queen.

I point out Vegas is literally following the rules and I am pro murder now.

Either Vegas blatantly broke the rule and you have proof or they didn’t cheat. If you want to talk spirit of the law, that’s entirely separate conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad