Post-Game Talk: Where did my Hamburger go? Habs lose 5-2

Nynja*

The last 6 game, 1 win, 2 lost in overtime (against 2 very good team), 3 bad game... They have to stop it and be better, but men were not even close to be a bad team! Please cheer up!

1 win...against a potential McDavid candidate
2 OT losses...one was a 1-0 loss where we got shanked all game long against another team fighting for the Presidents Trophy, and one was a 4-3 loss against a PO bubble team.
3 bad games...one against another team fighting for the presidents trophy, one bad loss to a longshot bubble team, and one bad loss against a team that was playing so bad that it has actually managed to play itself OUT of the playoff picture.

Regardless of all that, going by your claim that we played "three bad games out of six", that in itself is absolutely terrible.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I've said it a billion times and i'll say it again. This team is not going anywhere until it gets a coach that implements a system that suits the strengths of the hockey team. Strengths: Goaltending, Speed, Youth, Skill. To Therrien this all equates to "grinding defensive system". Are you kidding me? It makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Habs need to be playing an up tempo game like we saw in the shortened season. Enough of this disgustingly boring defensive garbage that generates 3 scoring chances a game. I swear to god even our damn power play is passive.

Therrien says "We don't compete as a team, that's why we're in trouble". No. We're in trouble because we have a dumbass muppet behind the bench who is only there because the best goaltender in the world is saving his job, and when the goaltender has less than a Jesus level performance, we got blown the **** out. How anybody could look at this roster at the beginning of the season and say "this team should be grinding it out, playing dump and chase defensive hockey" in beyond me.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Didn't get to watch the game...which seems to have been a blessing it seems...
In any case, what were the lines for the game tonight?
Thanks.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Didn't get to watch the game...which seems to have been a blessing it seems...
In any case, what were the lines for the game tonight?
Thanks.

same line, start good, finish bad... the boys are playing poorly, mainly Plekanec - galchenchuk line...

4th is no fact
dd-patch had soon good time, both not much... bad game has a team

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
I've said it a billion times and i'll say it again. This team is not going anywhere until it gets a coach that implements a system that suits the strengths of the hockey team. Strengths: Goaltending, Speed, Youth, Skill. To Therrien this all equates to "grinding defensive system". Are you kidding me? It makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Habs need to be playing an up tempo game like we saw in the shortened season. Enough of this disgustingly boring defensive garbage that generates 3 scoring chances a game. I swear to god even our damn power play is passive.

Therrien says "We don't compete as a team, that's why we're in trouble". No. We're in trouble because we have a dumbass muppet behind the bench who is only there because the best goaltender in the world is saving his job, and when the goaltender has less than a Jesus level performance, we got blown the **** out. How anybody could look at this roster at the beginning of the season and say "this team should be grinding it out, playing dump and chase defensive hockey" in beyond me.

Everything is done base on what you are asking...

Goalting (Price is good and the system make him better)
Speed (trade, draft, everything is base on speed, evry analyse in every town are saying that about us)
Youth (okay... so except for Markov Gonchar and Plekanec... we are very old...)
Skill (not sure top level offensive skill, (except for patch and galchen) but above average sure, strengh... not tampa level)

System is all about this... if the players do play it, you get this game ( and SJ game)

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
3-3-2

They're playing for 500. The trades at the deadline were just really questionable. Not sure the team is really motivated atm.

Petry trade was good. The others were depth, no problem, and I think Bergy may have rejected a trade for a scoring W or C because the other team was asking too much. If so I don't mind. That would have taken balls.

That's the end of the party though. MB has to get to work this summer on the top 6.

Nynja*

System is all about this... if the players do play it, you get this game ( and SJ game)

And game 1
And game 2
And game 3
And game 67
And game 68
And game 69 (yes, next game, expect more "treat the puck like a hot potato, even though its a game on ice")

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What might cause a big enough uproar to question Therrien, is a loss in the first round, especially if it's to Boston.

It would take a Carey Price going to MB and throwing in the towel...
Not a PK maybe not even a Patches but a Price.
This coupled with the disinterest offered up by some key players could do it.

Mattyb

May 18, 2009
On a typical hockey team, you load your top two lines with your best players and those lines play the majority of the time. This team dose not have enough high end talent to spread it over 3 lines.

Same goes for your you Defense, you ride your top 4 (who in theory should be your most dynamic D), then your third pairing should be your "shutdown" D pairing.

MB picked up defensive players at the deadline, (these are the players that should be killing penalty's/ being in a defensive role. I for one DO NOT want to see our offensive players blocking shot on the Penalty Kill. You put your offensive players on the ice after a penalty kill when you can get them favourable matches.

The lines I want to see are as follows:

Patches - Pleks - DSP
Chucky - Eller - Gallagher
DLR - DD - PAP
Prust - Mitchell -Weise

Subban - Markov
Bealieu - Petry
Emilen - Gilbert

Price
Tokarski

Forwards:

Patches and Pleks have played well together on the PK why not give them some actual time together? DSP and be the puck retrieval, screen, and open up the ice for your best players.

Eller has never been give a offensive roll (and people wonder why he doesn't put up points) he is a strong forward whom cycles the puck well. Put him with Chucky and Gallagher and let them pepper the net with shots.

DLR - DD - PAP. DD is not going to sit so stick him on this line with easy minutes and see if he produces (Note to MT; If he products leave me THERE).

Prust - Mitchell - Weise. Energy/Defensive line. Players that should be getting the bulk of the PK time (again why would you want your best players blocking shots and being worn out killing penalties??)

Defense:

In theory your top 4 should be playing the bulk of the shifts with your top two offensive lines, we have in theory 5 puck moving D yet we have no transition game.

PK - Markov. Should be on the ice a lot of the time with the top two lines, this is how you create offensive. 1st PP unit as well. Minor PK time.

NB - Petry. Whenever PK and Markov aren't on the ice with your top two lines, then this pairing should be there along with your third line which showcases a bit of offense. 2nd PP unit. Minor PK time.

Emilen - Gilbert. Should be your "shut down" paring playing mainly with the third and fourth lines, and The majority of your PK time.

After watching last nights game it is pretty evident this team is coached to sit on leads, Which I feel is wrong. Case in point last night you are up 2-0 keep pushing the pace, it is pretty hard for the other team to score when they are defending you in their own zone.

That's then end of my rant lol

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Petry trade was good. The others were depth, no problem, and I think Bergy may have rejected a trade for a scoring W or C because the other team was asking too much. If so I don't mind. That would have taken balls.

That's the end of the party though. MB has to get to work this summer on the top 6.

Depth wasn't needed and neither was Petry imho. Habs would have pretty much the same team without the TDL atm, unless they actually had gotten someone who can play on the top 9 without looking like a grinder in the wrong place.

Vanek was the right kind of deal, the last 4 deals were just ill-advised.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The fact that he believes you should never have to win a 6-5 game is not idiotic.

It's a narcissistic psychopathy. Does anyone recall a quote of MT's that was along the lines of, "We didn't play well", or "I need to do better too" ?

Didn't think so. Throw individuals or the whole team under the bus.

Make excuses when the team motto is No Excuses. The man is a fraud, and highly unlikable as well.

We've peaked with this fraud. Wake up MB.

He says so many stupid things that at one point you do sincerely hope is because he thinks we are all dummies that this is what we want to hear. While it could also be about winning 6-5 'cause at one point, some teams do win by that score.....It's about leading 2-0 and if you continue pressing, you might make it 3-0...and 4-0 that at one point would deflate the Sens and they would have NEVER scored 5 goals against you. It's about keeping the possession of the puck....and not let them have it.

I mean this is SO basic...you have to believe that he knows this as well. But then...you are really not that sure anymore.

My god...what have we done....Bergevin made such a big choice and unfortunately, they do seem to go just with the record we have and be satisfied with that......

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Enough is enough, time for MT to get his **** together and change things up. Split up Plekanec and Galchenyuk FFS. Put Galchenyuk back in the middle and Desharnais to the wing.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Enough is enough, time for MT to get his **** together and change things up. Split up Plekanec and Galchenyuk FFS. Put Galchenyuk back in the middle and Desharnais to the wing.

They changed things up last night, coaches can change lines till they are blue in the face, it's up to the players to compete hard. You can't win in this league playing at 80%, not against desperate teams trying to make the playoffs.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
I was done after 2-2. Went to do my laundry instead.

I don't know, man. They just play some really boring hockey right now. Too many times I fell asleep during games.

There have been multiple tied and 1 goal games where I have fallen asleep in the third period... This has never happened before this year.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Return Galch & Malhotra to center for next game and remove Flynn & Mitchell. If they are depth, they can be depth in the press box.

Patches - Galch - Gallagher
Eller - Pleks - Parenteau
DLR - Desharnais - Weise
Prust - Malhotra - DSP

HabsChik*

Gally first line center, and after that we have 4 3rd line centers with Pleks, Deharnais, Eller, and De LaRose.

And please don't defend Pleks, every year around this time its downhill. He IS not a playoff player.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
This is Galchenyuk's 3rd season and I was hoping he'd take a major step in his development this year but it hasn't really happened. Galchenyuk should've been given every opportunity to succeed this year but IMO he hasn't under MT and his favoritism towards DD.

It's really one of the major reason. This damn buffoon is going to live and die with DD and doesn't see the ugliness of the situation. A blind clueless stubborn clown is what he is and we're going to have to live with that for 4 more years because he's buddy buddy with the boss. This is starting to become a circus show and it's coming fast unless significant adjustments are made. But i doubt it with a blind clueless stubborn clown at the reign.

:help:

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
It's frightening just how similar our system is to that description. You could nearly replace Pittsburgh players with Montreal players and barely have to change a word. Unfortunately, Therrien has one thing he didn't with the Penguins: Carey Price. I doubt our record looks as ugly as the Pens' did, which means we're going to have to endure more Therrien.

Exceptf or, you know, Crosby and Malkin? Come on now.

Phenom

Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Too bad.

People will post what they want to post based on how that coach does. If that coach sucks too, people will say he sucks, if he's great people will say he's great. People will make their own decisions based on what they see. Just like they always did with previous GMs and coaches.

Exactly. Therrien apologists are what DD is to Therrien. They will defend him no matter what the circumstance is, even when it's plain and damn clear that the team and the system they employ has major problems and flaws. Let's not even speak about players management and lineup combos. Pathetic.

They've also been spewing the same BS wheel of excuses like MT did against the loss vs Tampa.

Last edited:

Phenom

Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
It's a game that we watch grown men get paid millions of dollars to go out and play.

Of course it isn't a big deal.

Is that really the extent of your contribution to this thread though?

To let us know that NHL hockey isn't a big deal?

Thanks for the clarification, I always had NHL hockey ranked ahead of world hunger but now I'm just not sure.

It's never a big deal for Therrien's apologists after every bad loss. All is well and there is no trouble in paradise. It's comical the length they'll go to defend that buffoon. It's like they don't actually pay attention to the game just like the clown behind the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad