Post-Game Talk: Where did my Hamburger go? Habs lose 5-2

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
And Julien was with team canada, seemed to have good chemistry with Babcock.

Well Julien and his Bruins have been 1 of the best teams in the East in the last 5 years for not sure why you would be surprised. Also helped that Chiarelli was part of management but he deserved to be there regardless.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He was fired right before the playoffs IIRC.

Therrien is not a better coach then Julien, but I was reffering on Julien being a better coach can be argued that he also took advantage of a great pair of defenseman years ago in Seidenberg and Chara and a hot Tim Thomas!

Julien is accused of stubbornly sticking to the same lines way past their expiry dates. Bruins fans have been calling for him to be fired -- with occasional breaks -- since 2011.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Carbo was a terrible coach. The only reason we had success in 07-08 was because we were great on the PP.
Replacing one terrible coach with another is not a solution.

Sorry, but I never said carbo was a good coach and never said we should replace our coach with Carbo wich would be catastrophic. I was simply implying that he did a decent job in his tenure as a coach. By no means does decent = good. But Therrien in this case, is less then decent, he's horrible.

Just think like it in this way, put Therrien on that 07-08 team and I'm pretty convince he'll do a worst job and it'll be a complete circus show with the likes of Latendresse
Dandenault, Kostopoulos, Brisebois, O'Byrne, D'Agostini, etc..

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Just a reminder to everyone, Claude Julien is the coach that lost 4 consecutive games to the Flyers after being up 3-0 in the series the previous year they won the Cup. Everyone wanted him fired in Boston, including Neely. He is also the same coach that beat the Habs in 7 in 2011 and let's be honest the Habs were the better team in that series. Chara and Thomas, mostly Thomas saved his ass, same way Price is doing for us now.

Let's calm down a little, I know he doesn't always make the right decisions and that Price saves his ass most of the time, but he took a pathetic team and in 3 seasons has done nothing but amazing things.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Julien is accused of stubbornly sticking to the same lines way past their expiry dates. Bruins fans have been calling for him to be fired -- with occasional breaks -- since 2011.
Tim Thomas did save Julien's job in 2011. After that, though, Julien turned the Bruins into a legit posssession beast of a team for the next three seasons, and they had a real shot at winning the Cup again in 2013, only to have an equally good team beat them.

Chara's decline is starting to take its toll on the B's, for sure, but they're still a superior possession team to us. But since Therrien don't believe in puck possession.. :shakehead

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
There has to be an up and coming coach out of the Q that deserves a shot. Or just hire Boucher ffs.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Tim Thomas did save Julien's job in 2011. After that, though, Julien turned the Bruins into a legit posssession beast of a team for the next three seasons, and they had a real shot at winning the Cup again in 2013, only to have an equally good team beat them.

Chara's decline is starting to take its toll on the B's, for sure, but they're still a superior possession team to us. But since Therrien don't believe in puck possession.. :shakehead

True, and as we all know, they are awarding the cup this year based on possesion stats.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Oh yes, great mentality.

Let's hire the coach who got schooled by the Flyers with that great system of his

Hartley went to Switzerland and reinvited himself, not on RDS bashing players. How did that work out? Is Bob Hartley all of a sudden a smarter man than Boucher? Honestly, he built a system that worked best for the team he had and Tampa was pretty mundane defensively and required that style to win.

Look at what he did in Hamilton. He's 100% a better hire than the muppet we have now and smart enough to adapt to the team he has instead of square pegging a round hole like meat head.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Hartley went to Switzerland and reinvited himself, not on RDS bashing players. How did that work out? Is Bob Hartley all of a sudden a smarter man than Boucher? Honestly, he built a system that worked best for the team he had and Tampa was pretty mundane defensively and required that style to win.

Look at what he did in Hamilton. He's 100% a better hire than the muppet we have now and smart enough to adapt to the team he has instead of square pegging a round hole like meat head.

Hmm Bob Hartley is miles ahead actually, he also won a Stanley Cup. And look at what he is doing with the Flames this year with that roster.

I'm not saying Boucher won't be able to turn things around in his career down the road, but getting rid of Therrien just to hire Boucher would just be stupid IMO.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Hmm Bob Hartley is miles ahead actually, he also won a Stanley Cup. And look at what he is doing with the Flames this year with that roster.

I'm not saying Boucher won't be able to turn things around in his career down the road, but getting rid of Therrien just to hire Boucher would just be stupid IMO.

Boucher won a Calder Cup in Hamilton and had good success in Tampa. Remind you of anyone? How about their coach right now Jon Cooper? A guy that coached in the AHL and had good success and then found a home in the NHL. But I don't get the point of this conversation because there's no way you think Boucher is worse than Therrien.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Boucher won a Calder Cup in Hamilton and had good success in Tampa. Remind you of anyone? How about their coach right now Jon Cooper? A guy that coached in the AHL and had good success and then found a home in the NHL. But I don't get the point of this conversation because there's no way you think Boucher is worse than Therrien.

And Therrien won a Memorial Cup, coached the Pens to a SCF and so on.

Right now Therrien is a better coach, and no one can convince me otherwise, and again this is coming from someone who can't wait to see him get canned. But Boucher isn't the solution.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think everyone agrees on that, and that also goes if we would get beat in the 1st round. He would only get fired IMO if we would have a terrible start to next season!

I think he's here, at minimum till after the 2016 playoffs. Which is not good for my health. As much as I love the Habs, it might come down to just not being able to watch them and doing something else, eventually.

Nynja*

No, there is the possibility that at the end of season individual meetings, the player may talk with MB and there could be an offseason change.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
True, and as we all know, they are awarding the cup this year based on possesion stats.

Kings led the league with an incredible 56.8% CF in 2013-2014 and 2012-2013.

Hawks were 4th in the league with an incredible 54.1% CF in 2012-2013.

Kings were 2nd in the league with 54.7% CF in 2011-2012.

Hawks led the league with 56.2% CF in 2009-2010.

Only exception in past 5 years is Boston in 2011, but they were still in the top half.

So essentially they do award the cup based on possession stats.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Yes or Benoit Groulx that did a fantastic job this year winning the Gold medal.

He's the first one that came to mind but I'm not familiar with the Q so I left it up to anyone to add in names. However, I do think Scott Walker who has been coaching in Guelph for a while, has been doing a tremendous job and deserves an assistant coach job in the NHL soon. I would like to see MTL give him that shot, he would really help the PP issues.

Phenom

Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
And Therrien won a Memorial Cup, coached the Pens to a SCF and so on.

Right now Therrien is a better coach, and no one can convince me otherwise, and again this is coming from someone who can't wait to see him get canned. But Boucher isn't the solution.

Crosby and Malkin. Any coach would have gone to the SCF with those two. Not a valid argument I think.

Phenom

Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
He's the first one that came to mind but I'm not familiar with the Q so I left it up to anyone to add in names. However, I do think Scott Walker who has been coaching in Guelph for a while, has been doing a tremendous job and deserves an assistant coach job in the NHL soon. I would like to see MTL give him that shot, he would really help the PP issues.

Benoit Groulx has a likeable personality and he's humble. He's good with the youngsters and has a good structure in his system. I'm also intrigued if theres a hidden gem somewhere in the Q since it's primordial by the Canadiens standard that the coach speaks french.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Oh yes, great mentality.

Let's hire the coach who got schooled by the Flyers with that great system of his

Oh please.. Sooo tired of hearing this crap bleated out. With Price as his goalie, Boucher could do great things with this team. Bonus that he coached some of our core in Hamilton.

A person can dream..

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Near the end of the game he took a Point-shot up high and left the ice without returning. I didn't notice it in the game either, but I saw it on the SN Recap afterwards.

It couldn't have been too serious since no one is talking about it. Pacioretty is the Habs offense and losing him would be brutal. How he has 33 goals on this offensively challenged Habs team just shows how great he is. If he was playing on a team like Tampa or another more offensive team with a better center and winger how many goals and points would this guy have I wonder?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad