Post-Game Talk: Where did my Hamburger go? Habs lose 5-2

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
This must be the 100th time I posted this MT article from 2009 when he was the Pens coach and I'll keep posting it since I see MT going down a similar path yet again. :nod:

Penguins Fans: Time to Push the Panic Button and Fire Michel Therrien

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ush-the-panic-button-and-fire-michel-therrien

I remember this article, thanks for the reminder. It's so similar, it's almost hard to tell which team they're talking about. The main difference is Price masking the flaws of the system. Otherwise, it's the very same Therrien that got fired in Pit. As it says, some coaches adapt to the players they have, and others try to force players into the only system they know.

I don't see Therrien being fired with 14 games left, too little time to implement a new system, should have been done earlier but we weren't exposed yet thanks to Price god mode.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
This must be the 100th time I posted this MT article from 2009 when he was the Pens coach and I'll keep posting it since I see MT going down a similar path yet again. :nod:

Penguins Fans: Time to Push the Panic Button and Fire Michel Therrien

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ush-the-panic-button-and-fire-michel-therrien

It's frightening just how similar our system is to that description. You could nearly replace Pittsburgh players with Montreal players and barely have to change a word. Unfortunately, Therrien has one thing he didn't with the Penguins: Carey Price. I doubt our record looks as ugly as the Pens' did, which means we're going to have to endure more Therrien.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

" I played for 12 seasons and won three Stanley Cups, and I never changed the way I played. I was 5’10â€, 165 pounds. If I was just coming into the league today, I would probably be considered too small. I would be sent down to the minors after my first or second neutral zone turnover."

This is so true. And so sad.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I remember this article, thanks for the reminder. It's so similar, it's almost hard to tell which team they're talking about. The main difference is Price masking the flaws of the system. Otherwise, it's the very same Therrien that got fired in Pit. As it says, some coaches adapt to the players they have, and others try to force players into the only system they know.

I don't see Therrien being fired with 14 games left, too little time to implement a new system, should have been done earlier but we weren't exposed yet thanks to Price god mode.

What might cause a big enough uproar to question Therrien, is a loss in the first round, especially if it's to Boston.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Lines have to be changed heading into New York. No other way to go around it.

The team needs a fresh look at things.

Pacioretty Plekanec Smith-Pelly
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Prust Desharnais Parenteau
Mitchell De La Rose Weise

Beaulieu Subban
Markov Petry
Emelin Gonchar/Gilbert

The lines may need a fresh look, but putting Prust on the third line over De La Rose is a mistake. Swap those two, put Mitchell at centre, and swap Parenteau and Smith-Pelly. Other than that, looks good.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
What might cause a big enough uproar to question Therrien, is a loss in the first round, especially if it's to Boston.

And that's the worst. Even with this, we'd still be miles away from firing. It would take a disastrous start next season, and even then...

Barely making the second round or having an average season start after an early exit, and we'll be stuck with this coach for the whole duration of his extension, unless Price decides he's had enough of playing on his head for this joke of a system we have.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
DD out NOW -- This is getting really really stupid.

****ing circus.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Man those Post-game thread are gold especially now that we have hit our first longer slump of the season.

Cheer up guys (wishful thinking, I know), not everything is MT or DD's fault.:laugh:

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Man those Post-game thread are gold especially now that we have hit our first longer slump of the season.

Cheer up guys (wishful thinking, I know), not everything is MT or DD's fault.:laugh:

Trust me, I'd like to be able to do so.

You could argue that it's just a slump, and I hope it is just that, but everything seemed to indicate all season long that this team wasn't as good as it looked. The Avs last season were a prime example that a team can only get lucky for so long.

The thing is for every metric not linked to goaltending (i.e. GA and PK), we are a crap team, and that's almost being generous. GF, shots for, shots against, puck possession, name it, we suck hard in each of these categories.

So maybe they can find a way to turn it around suddenly, but with the way we've played all season, it will take drastic changes for us to stand a chance in the playoffs.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
This game looked exactly like almost every game this season. Just a more realistic result. The birds are coming home to roost, Carey can't carry us forever.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
I won't watch this team again until they start playing with heart. I have better things to do than watching 2 and a half hours of grinding.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Enough of Desharnais and Plekanec. We're not going anywhere with them. They're sinking our boat. It's too ****ing obvious you ****ing buffoons!! (Coaching staff and management)

Yup, I said it three years ago, when a lot of people were was saying Habs Had great C depth. In fact, some people have still been saying that up until about a month ago.

Welcome...to the real world. Pleks and DD are not Bad, they are just really mediocre and soft, not a 1-2 on a contender. That is all. MB needs to fix it. Let's see if he can.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Yup, I said it three years ago, when everyione was saying Habs Had great C depth. In fact, some people have still been saying that up until about a month ago.

Welcome...to the real world.

Plekanec doesn't get enough credit for what he does. He has his shortcomings but would still look fine behind a legit 1st C. This guy has managed to produce season after season despite getting the scraps left after the 1st line is assembled in a way that will make DD look good.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
I don't like Therrien either as a coach but as long as the team (aka Price) performs, we're stuck with him. But just for conversation, if Therrien were fired, who would you guys go for? I honestly don't know who I would want but I'm guessing many will maybe say Boucher?

Apr 28, 2010
I won't watch this team again until they start playing with heart. I have better things to do than watching 2 and a half hours of grinding.

I was done after 2-2. Went to do my laundry instead.

I don't know, man. They just play some really boring hockey right now. Too many times I fell asleep during games.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008

could not have sayed it better...

no slump from mi december to end of january this year... I was... WOW!

The last 6 game, 1 win, 2 lost in overtime (against 2 very good team), 3 bad game... They have to stop it and be better, but men were not even close to be a bad team! Please cheer up!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I don't like Therrien either as a coach but as long as the team (aka Price) performs, we're stuck with him. But just for conversation, if Therrien were fired, who would you guys go for? I honestly don't know who I would want but I'm guessing many will maybe say Boucher?

I would hope we would do away with the French necessity and go away Bobcock, Mclellan or Hitchcock, all of whom may be available in the off season. Since Bobcock is likely to stick with Detroit, I'd go after Mclellan. He's made a mentally fragile Sharks team into a perennial contender and simply needs a different group.

If the bilingualism sticks, then Boucher comes to mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad