What's your worst hot take opinion you were way off on

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I mean, yeah, you're not wrong.

In my defense, the Rangers board has absolutely no patience with any of our players but they'll wait until other teams' players are 29 before they write them off.

We're still waiting for Chris Stewart and Julius Honka to come to the Rangers and have that huge breakout.
Sorry, i read yours wrong and thought you were talking about Ranger posters in general, not yourself, and I tried to delete it but you saw it too quickly! Didn't mean to sound like i was calling you out...god knows i've had my far share of brutal takes over the years :laugh:

(And yes i'm still waiting for the Honka trade that I wanted a few years ago haha)

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Sorry, i read yours wrong and thought you were talking about Ranger posters in general, not yourself, and I tried to delete it but you saw it too quickly! Didn't mean to sound like i was calling you out...god knows i've had my far share of brutal takes over the years :laugh:

(And yes i'm still waiting for the Honka trade that I wanted a few years ago haha)
No, no you're good. Like I said, you weren't wrong. :laugh:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I've been expecting one or both of Washington and Pittsburgh to drop off in the regular season for like three years now.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Some gooders here for sure. I like seeing these, they remind ourselves we can sometimes take ourselves and others away to serious around here.

Especially me lately it seems by some of responses to my posts lately lol

I got another to add. Patrick Kane is over rated. Because of course he isn't lol

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I thought Elias Pettersson had high end upside, but I never thought hed be so good, so quick. (Preferred mittlestatd to him)

I thought Quinn Hughes would be a 40-50 pts guy for a few years before peaking in the high 60s.

Puljujarvi over laine, but at least now it looks a bit better lol.

Thats pretty much it.
In 2016, I had Laine going first overall haha
I also thought Senyshyn would be another Kreider
On the opposite side, I thought Bryan Rust and Jake Guentzel would be AHLers at best, just purely based on name.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I thought Draisaitl wouldn't be able to fix his skating after watching him in Prince Albert/Kelowna. Woosh

Yep, this is a good one. Seeing his skating pre-draft and in his first year before going back to Kelowna I figured he was going to be yet another completely meh Oilers early first round pick. Didn't take long to change my mind on that one.

I said before the 2017 draft I wouldn't use a top 5 pick on Patrick and that he wasn't going to be one of the top 3 centers out of the draft. The guys I had ahead of him at the position: Hischier, EP, and Mittelstadt... huge whiff on that last one.

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
After his rookie season, I thought Yakupov was the best of the Oilers 1st overalls.

I've been far more critical of prospects since. "Working hard or trying hard" is mostly meaningless without skill or hockey sense.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I mean to be fair Karlsson should have won atleast 3 Norris, how you ever believed he was on pace to be the best dman of all time is very weird.

I thought Yakupov would be a solid first liner in NHL.

I never saw Vrana make it in the NHL at all, pegged him for a career borderline starplayer over here in Europe. Honestly don't know how it's possible he is not only sticking around but doing great. Kinda makes me wonder how many players there are in the European leagues that would do fine given the chance.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
After looking at Vegas roster after the expansion draft, I thought it was one of the worst rosters I had ever seen.

I may not have posted it online anywhere. But I remember telling a friend that they might get about 30-40 points, and post one of the worst records in NHL history.

We all know what has happened since, and especially during their first season.

That is definitely the most wrong I have ever been when it comes to a hockey analysis or opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad