Whats up with Laine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
laine only has 4 TOTAL points this season? I didn’t believe it. Once I saw, I figured the Jets has only played 3 games or something. I was shocked to see they’ve already played 6 games!!

4 points in 6 games for a guy I’ve been told is capable of 70+ goals and 130+ points a season seems bad

Given his deployment, his 5 points in 7 games is pretty awesome. Though his shot has been really off. Something like 5% of his shots are goals now, whereas Matthews has his SH% closer to 50 than 5 I guess. Laine's career average should be closer to 20% and not 5%.

Just hoping a miracle to happen in Maurice getting once a bright idea, but as he didn't do that during long last season, I'm not hopeful he does this season either. It was not Maurice who injured Scheifele to get Laine into a position to score. Also Maurice did not acquire Stastny for Laine & Ehlers to start scoring like no tomorrow.

Reactions: mattihp

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Given his deployment, his 5 points in 7 games is pretty awesome. Though his shot has been really off. Something like 5% of his shots are goals now, whereas Matthews has his SH% closer to 50 than 5 I guess. Laine's career average should be closer to 20% and not 5%.

Just hoping a miracle to happen in Maurice getting once a bright idea, but as he didn't do that during long last season, I'm not hopeful he does this season either. It was not Maurice who injured Scheifele to get Laine into a position to score. Also Maurice did not acquire Stastny for Laine & Ehlers to start scoring like no tomorrow.

It certainly isn't awesome, he's playing on the #1 pp with Scheifele& Wheeler.

Reactions: Critical91

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
laine only has 4 TOTAL points this season? I didn’t believe it. Once I saw, I figured the Jets has only played 3 games or something. I was shocked to see they’ve already played 6 games!!

4 points in 6 games for a guy I’ve been told is capable of 70+ goals and 130+ points a season seems bad

Well, it could be worse, like you have scored more goals in your own net then goals forward...

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
He's been missing some in close wristers that were automatic goals last year. Got robbed on the glove last game which has been pretty much unheard of for him. I think it will come.

Bmania

Jul 22, 2018
6 shots
17:30 TOI

But this is a Laine thread. He needs to get irritated more

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Wonder if one day he’ll shorten his stick. Drives me insane to watch him with the puck sometimes.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
how did mathews do vs the blues today ?
03199903b7700ff334df010507c88c27b1a7eab55f699506bc00acf91c346f4e7e9cb269.jpg

EDIT: Sorry HfBoards for using this pic for the second time today. And thanks to NHL.com front page for this masterpiece.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Has he been better defensively? I've barely seen him this year.

Well, he has been more defensive. But I would not say that he's outright better defensively, as far as his skills. Right now he's just trading offense for defense (which is the complete opposite of the 1st line who trade defense for offense). He still has problems dealing with pressure, and sometimes gets stuck in situations where he doesn't want to be in, resulting in turnovers.

He has been doing more hitting, blocking shots, and no longer automatically loses all the board battles though, so he's improving in the physical aspects of the game. Pretty far off from being a physical player, but he's no longer a lanky teenager, either.

I would say that overall he has been more responsible defensively, although sometimes he can get caught pulling an Ovechkin (which is what happened in a recent OT loss).

haRBQL7.gif

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Too much fortnite? ( seriously he plays like 20-40 games a day)
Seriously like 80 25 minute games a day. 20hours fortnite a day. And I hear he plays other games just as much or more, we just don't know how much but we can guess it's around 20 hours or more!

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
He's just a one-dimensional player. He over achieved greatly last year

Hard to say he over-achieved when he was involved in a dry line for nearly the entire year.

If he had been carried by two great players to a great season, then yeah. But for the most part, he wasn't. Little had probably his worst season ever, while Ehlers was extremely streaky.

Statsny, while a good, solid all-around player, isn't someone that will necessarily "carry" anybody to greatness, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad