What's the beef with Gabriel Landeskog?

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Very similar to M.Richards. Captain material, loves to hit, good shot, good hockey IQ. Hands doesn't seem to be world class tho.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
Full grown NHL players were just bouncing off this guy at training camp this morning. I can see why junior players had trouble with him.

How many points did he have? I heard he had 2 goals in the one game, but after that I didn't hear much.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Winger version of Mike Richards, though I think Landeskog's got more goal scoring potential, while Richards is a better passer.

This, except Landeskog is stronger and more physical than Richards.

Not to say Richards isn't, because he is. But Landeskog is better physically coming out than Richards was.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Give me a 90-100 point player over a 60 point guy that is also defensive.

You can't get players extreme offensive talent very easily. Guys that check? Anyone can learn to do that.

Stop overrating your prospects. RNH will max out as an Tanguay-clone, you heard it hear first

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Landeskog was great. His first shift he blocked a shot and then turned up his play after that. I now know why Avs passed up Huberdeau and Larsson for him.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
I would expect his potential to be a more aggressive kulemin with a little bit more offensive upside. His top end upside is probobly brendan morrow or shane doan.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Could he become close to a Zetterberg?

No. Nor can he be a Toews or Richards. HE'S A WINGER. Why do people fail to understand this and why that comparison is invalid? Sure, he plays a hard two way game and has the upside to be a team's best goal scorer but he is best suited to play the wing.

He's going to be a beast in the NHL and a fan favourite but the laziness in calling him one of these players (centers) bothers me. He's a Doan, Morrow or Brown type guy. Each of those players are captains and productive players who are faces of their respective franchises and I'd described each of them as warriors and great leaders. The Avalanche and their fans are thrilled with this pick BUT I still maintain that taking him 2nd overall was too high. However, this was probably the best pick for Colorado when you take need into account.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Lando had a great first day of camp by the sounds of it. Blocked a shot on his first shift by going down on his knees. Laid someone out behind the net and also scored a pair of goals.

Fellow Avs fans are going to love this guy.

Kershaw

Lando had a great first day of camp by the sounds of it. Blocked a shot on his first shift by going down on his knees. Laid someone out behind the net and also scored a pair of goals.

Fellow Avs fans are going to love this guy.

Sounds a lot like last year's Hart Trophy Winner.

I'd love to see the posts on Perry when he was drafted and people were projecting him as max 60 point guy.

I think Landeskog has the physical tools and mental toughness to become one of the best wingers in the game.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
No. Nor can he be a Toews or Richards. HE'S A WINGER. Why do people fail to understand this and why that comparison is invalid? Sure, he plays a hard two way game and has the upside to be a team's best goal scorer but he is best suited to play the wing.

He's going to be a beast in the NHL and a fan favourite but the laziness in calling him one of these players (centers) bothers me. He's a Doan, Morrow or Brown type guy. Each of those players are captains and productive players who are faces of their respective franchises and I'd described each of them as warriors and great leaders. The Avalanche and their fans are thrilled with this pick BUT I still maintain that taking him 2nd overall was too high. However, this was probably the best pick for Colorado when you take need into account.

All of those players are sub 60 point players while the centers are not. You realize theres a huge diffrence.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sounds a lot like last year's Hart Trophy Winner.

I'd love to see the posts on Perry when he was drafted and people were projecting him as max 60 point guy.

I think Landeskog has the physical tools and mental toughness to become one of the best wingers in the game.

Interesting comparison. Never heard that one before, but I guess it does fit.

Kershaw

Interesting comparison. Never heard that one before, but I guess it does fit.

There is a chance, especially if his center is Matt Duchene. But I don't see him agitate at a level Perry does, just not his game.

If Landeskog makes the Avs this year I think he may have a chance to break 30 goals. This is assuming his being given a top line role and not a checking role.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm going to have to disagree. Stewart is a big guy, but he's a finesse player more than a power forward. He doesn't hit a whole lot. Landeskog throws his body around a lot.
Playing style not at all and I agree with you here but size and frame he looks just like Stewart.

I thought Lando played defense :sarcasm:
Plays it pretty well too. Something Stewart didn't even have. :)

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
There is a chance, especially if his center is Matt Duchene. But I don't see him agitate at a level Perry does, just not his game.

If Landeskog makes the Avs this year I think he may have a chance to break 30 goals. This is assuming his being given a top line role and not a checking role.

He was on a line with O'Reilly and Kobasew today at camp, so don't be overly surprised if he starts the season on the third line

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
They might ease him in but really whose better then him at left wing? Looking at Colorados left wingers, I can't see anyone I'd rather have above Landeskog.

Mueller if healthy for sure (today he was playing with Duchene and Hejduk)

Galiardi/Lindstrom MAYBE (they had Lindstrom with Stastny and Jones and he apparently looked real good).

Its likely he starts out on the third line maybe and eventually moves up if he performs well.

Kingler

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He was drafted 2nd overall

if he had fallen to 5th overall, many people would call him the steal of the draft and project him as 80+ pts two-way forward...strange how this board works

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad