OT: Whatcha Playin? 4.0

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Most important gaming news of the day:

Next update allows you to sit next to your villagers in Animal Crossing.
EnCA5TIWMAAy-sO.jpeg

Looks like 2020 will end on a high note :laugh:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Finally got good and finished Demon's Souls remake last night. I had the original and quit after beating the first boss and getting my ass handed to me in the next world I went to. Never even got as far as finding out that you could level up or improve your weapons. I had also played Bloodborne before and given up after getting to the first boss. This time, since there aren't many PS5 games yet, I was determined to do what it took to learn the game and beat it. Challenging, but rewarding. Think I might go for the Platinum trophy. I've never gotten one before but I looked at the list and it seems doable. I'm going to go back and give Bloodborne a try and maybe check out the other Souls games.

Also just beat Astro's playroom. It comes with the PS5 and was a nice palate cleanser after 40 hours of Demon's Souls. Just a fun little platformer that's nothing but Easter Eggs related to all the games and generations of Playstation.

When I first got my PS5 a few weeks ago, I beat the Spiderman remaster. I had gotten maybe 60% of the way through it on the PS4 before setting it aside. Wanted to knock it out before Miles Morales. I did the first little bit of Miles, but stopped to play Demon's Souls just to do something different. I'll try to knock it out soon.

On my Switch, I played a little Luigi's Mansion 3. It's fun enough. Also been playing through Final Fantasy VII again. I've got VIII and IX ready on my Switch after that. Also just started the Link's Awakening remake. Pretty fun. I think I beat it on GBC back in the day.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Bought Immortals Fenyx Rising for PS5 a little bit cheaper a couple of days ago, and it's really fun. A little slow in the beginning, but after the intro/tutorial, it's a really interesting world, and much fun if you're interested in ancient greek and the gods. You learn a bit as well.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
bloodborne is maybe my favorite game of all time. it is definitely in the top 3. you are in for a treat.
I've got it downloaded and ready to go. Luckily I had sold it but got it free again on PS Plus at some point.

Also just started the Dark Souls remaster on my Switch.

Bought Immortals Fenyx Rising for PS5 a little bit cheaper a couple of days ago, and it's really fun. A little slow in the beginning, but after the intro/tutorial, it's a really interesting world, and much fun if you're interested in ancient greek and the gods. You learn a bit as well.

Feel like I've heard good things about it on some podcasts I listen to. I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I've got it downloaded and ready to go. Luckily I had sold it but got it free again on PS Plus at some point.

Also just started the Dark Souls remaster on my Switch.

the bloodborne DLC is one of the best in the series. i actually just picked up sekiro and started that today. we will see if it can usurp bloodborne in my ranking... early impression is making that probable. game feels so good to play

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Bloodborne is a lot of fun. I almost beat it. I had gotten up to the final boss, and fought it a couple times to feel him out.

Then my cats were chasing each other around the house, and one of them turned off my surge protector and corrupted my save.

I haven’t had the heart to give it a go again.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Bloodborne is a lot of fun. I almost beat it. I had gotten up to the final boss, and fought it a couple times to feel him out.

Then my cats were chasing each other around the house, and one of them turned off my surge protector and corrupted my save.

Did your cats survive the aftermath?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

including DLC or just the original game? a couple of the DLC fights are some of my favorites in the entire soulsborne series.

A hunter must hunt.

a hunter is a hunter, even in a dream

may the good blood guide your way

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I did manage to beat the Dark Souls Remaster. Playing some NG+ and also started on Bloodborne. Not very deep into it yet, but I made some progress compared to the first time I played years ago. It's interesting to go from Demon's Souls and Dark Souls to Bloodborne after the heavy reliance on shields in those two.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
WON THE NEW CAMPAIGNS IN AOE 2 DE DLC (LORDS OF THE WEST). STILL MISSING THE LAST TWO GOLD MEDALS FOR FULL HARD COMPLETION.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Anybody here play Naval Action? Uber detailed PvP wooden warship simulation set in the Caribbean in the golden age of sail. Lots of different nations to join and clans.

It is an incredible time sink, but a lot of fun to play with other folks on Team Speak. A great aspect of such a tedious game is that there are no children playing, it is pretty much just middle age history buffs.

Reactions: hockeynjune

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I just finally finished RE7 to be ready for RE Village. Started playing New Pokemon Snap over the weekend. Still as fun as it was back in the N64 days. I got Returnal as well, but haven't been able to dig into it yet.

Dec 30, 2013
The new Lord of The Rings mobile game LOTR: War/LOTR: Rise to War is a lot of fun. The way they have things run the game should keep people interested for a long time.

Maps get reset every few months, but you get to keep any items and heroes/commanders you receive.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Far Cry 6. It's a Far Cry game so you know what you're getting. Still loads of fun though.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
So N64 games are available on the Switch. It was a bad idea for me to discover this. I’ve spent WAY too much time on Zelda, Ocarina of Time this week

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
That's how I am with Assasins Creed. After hundreds of hours in the latest one Me: I'm done with these its the same shit over and over.

Months later.... "the next Assasins Creed drops soon"

Me: Hell yeah can't wait!
That's how I am with Skyrim. Except it's just Skyrim over and over for 10 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad