OT: Whatcha Playin? 4.0

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I’ve got a group that gets together for DND and other board games semi-regularly. Unfortunately DnD is my least favorite of the bunch because our DM has a very difficult time keeping the group focused (and a couple members of the group absolutely do not pay attention unless it’s their then turn to roll).

Last edited:
Reactions: MinJaBen

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
(and a couple members of the group absolutely do not pay attention unless it’s their then to roll).
styr.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, that is a fantastic example of the ones I’m referring to above. Played it through many times. One of my top five games of any genre.

I got it when it first came out, played it about halfway through, then dropped it for some reason or another. About a month or two ago, I picked it back up and just beat it a few days ago.

Now I’ve installed a few of the more popular mods and am doing another playthrough with the characters I didn’t use in the first playthrough.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
got the new Zelda game. And its the same as the last one. same map, same characters, etc. The only real difference is having sky islands and having a magical right arm that connects to your body after the story conveniently zaps everything you gained from playing the last one.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Started the Yakuza series with 0 and this is a phenomenal game. It's going to have to share time with Diablo 4 though, but so far it the quality is this good, I may be playing the Yakuza series into 2024.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I haven't dropped the cash for either next gem console yet but this weekend was at my daughter's place and her boyfriend has a ps5 so I played a few hours of Hogwarts Legacy, was really impressed. Gonna need to upgrade soon lol

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I haven't dropped the cash for either next gem console yet but this weekend was at my daughter's place and her boyfriend has a ps5 so I played a few hours of Hogwarts Legacy, was really impressed. Gonna need to upgrade soon lol
yep, when the EA NCAA Football franchise was nuked I went back to PC gaming entirely since most of the other stuff I play is only playable on PC or if there is a console port it's f***ing terrible. I'll be upgrading once I see which one plays better for the NCAA franchise, but otherwise still sticking with what I've got.

Been playing Victoria 3 since that came out with some EU4 still and Cities Skylines or Workers and Resources if I feel like chilling and wasting half my day.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
got the new Zelda game. And its the same as the last one. same map, same characters, etc. The only real difference is having sky islands and having a magical right arm that connects to your body after the story conveniently zaps everything you gained from playing the last one.
I think it feels significantly different even with the parts that are the same (and I'm not alone in that). The building mechanics of that arm alone are fun. And even more than the first one, you can find so many different ways to accomplish most things. The sky islands and the depths add a big time new flavor for my money. I like seeing the changes in people and some of the story aspects I've gotten to so far much more (not that Zelda games usually have the best stories, but I think they did some interesting things). The temple I did so far was more fun than the divine beasts were. To each their own, but I think it's awesome.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Are there temples like actual temples? Then I’m in. I don’t want to pay 70 bucks for it but eventually will if there are legit dungeons to crawl

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Are there temples like actual temples? Then I’m in. I don’t want to pay 70 bucks for it but eventually will if there are legit dungeons to crawl
There are caves everywhere. I did the Ritos one and its a giant ship in the sky. I haven’t attempted the others.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad