OT: Whatcha Playin? 4.0

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Started the Yakuza series with 0 and this is a phenomenal game. It's going to have to share time with Diablo 4 though, but so far it the quality is this good, I may be playing the Yakuza series into 2024.
You will if I'm any indication. I played every one of these games in order, and now I'm playing Ishin, which is basically Yakuza in 1867 and was just released for the US market this year.

I will frequently just go play mahjong for an evening.

Which game are you on now? 3 through 5 definitely suffer a bit by comparison because they haven't been refreshed yet like 0-2, but they're still incredibly fun.

Goro may be my favorite video game character. Every time he shows up I squeal with delight.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Playing Jedi Survivor. My first Star Wars game since KOTOR way back in the day and also the first game I've paid full price for albeit with a gift card in probably a decade. I enjoy it, though I was hesitant reading the reviews. But apparently every modern game is horrible so what do I know.

Reactions: Lucky Lindy

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Baldur's Gate 3:

Amateur biz. In Ultima VII released some 31 years back you might end up with Cynthia the teller at the Royal Mint dying on you, and maybe find a key on her body that opens the storage room of the Royal Mint and maybe all the gold bars and nuggets there accidentally end up in your party's backpacks, and if you then by chance happen to resurrect Cynthia, she is happy to perform her regular duty of exchanging all your gold for coins.

62-U7_05_48.png

Not quite as morbidly pointless as feeding Spark some bread baked with his own murdered dad's blood, but it's a thing still.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I'm currently going through a Baldur's Gate 3 run as a Shadow Monk. Was kind of hoping/thinking it would end up being good later on. Part of me was thinking of going with the option that just allows unarmed combat and skills, but, stealth monk seemed interesting to me.

Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm currently going through a Baldur's Gate 3 run as a Shadow Monk. Was kind of hoping/thinking it would end up being good later on. Part of me was thinking of going with the option that just allows unarmed combat and skills, but, stealth monk seemed interesting to me.

Dunno how they play in BG3, but Shadow Monks always seemed a bit wonky to me in DnD. Felt too much like a weaker Rogue.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I am a bard. I break out the lute and go Pete Townsend on some goblins.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I am a bard. I break out the lute and go Pete Townsend on some goblins.
How is it so far? Bard was what I was planning on initially doing for my 1st playthrough.

Dunno how they play in BG3, but Shadow Monks always seemed a bit wonky to me in DnD. Felt too much like a weaker Rogue.
So far, I feel like they're pretty...okay?
Feels like even though I have the ability to have weapons, it wants me to play unarmed which I am fine with. I'm going to play around with a bit more, but also once I get to a point I damn sure don't feel like starting over....again :laugh:

I actually had trouble picking out what to start out as, and there are plenty of classes I actually wouldn't mind doing a run with.

Reactions: MustardStew

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I loved playing Baldur's Gate as a kid. Never did beat it though.

Apparently the new one has split-screen co-op, which is neat to hear. That's a rarity nowadays.

Reactions: DaveG

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
How is it so far? Bard was what I was planning on initially doing for my 1st playthrough.
So far it is pretty fun. You can talk your way out of a lot of issues, but I think that will ultimately be a problem as you get no experience for that, so you might be under leveled later in the game against some of the bosses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad