Line Combos: What Would Your Lineup Look Like After The Recent Moves?

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
No. No. No. Miller could be a hell of center. Develop him in that spot and get Boyle to the wing where he belongs.

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Callahan - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Miller - Pyatt
Boyle - Halpern - Powe

Lovin' the look of this lineup all the sudden.

If he still needs development at center then he can do that in Connecticut.

SupersonicMonkey*

For now:
Gaborik - Richards - Nash
Hagelin - Stepan - Pyatt
Powe - Halpern - Boyle
Mashinter - Miller - Asham

When healthy (assuming the chemistry sticks and the new additions stick):

Hagelin - Stepan - Pyatt
Kreider - Halpern - Callahan
Powe - Miller - Boyle

One of Bickel/Mashinter back to Hartford. Asham, Bickel/Mashinter the spare forwards.

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Del Zotto
Stralman - Gilroy

Eminger the spare defenseman.

Gives Torts 4 forward lines and 3 defense pairings. No more short bench.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
If the insistence on keeping the top 2 lines together holds, I like the look of this.

Hagelin - Stepan - Pyatt
Kreider - Miller - Callahan
some combination of Boyle, Powe, Halpern, Masher, and Asham

SupersonicMonkey*

If the insistence on keeping the top 2 lines together holds, I like the look of this.

Hagelin - Stepan - Pyatt
Kreider - Miller - Callahan
some combination of Boyle, Powe, Halpern, Masher, and Asham

I REALLY want Miller to develop as a center. I've been adamant about that since we drafted him. I believe his future is there. From everything I've read that's where Clark and Gorton envisioned him.

With that in mind, I don't want him to get too much on his plate, yet at that position. 3rd line minutes, I'm afraid he will find himself overwhelmed at this stage in his development.

On the 4th line, with some protected minutes and responsibilities, if Torts can match well in game and have that line face other teams' bottom 6, that could help develop him at that position for the long term.

Ideally, Miller would face other teams' 3rd-4th lines, as would the Richards line.

While our 2nd and 3rd lines would face other teams' top lines.

Look how Kesler came into the league and where he started to develop.

XLJ

Jan 4, 2010
If Miller plays well and everybody is healthy...

Gaborik-Richards-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Miller/Halpern-Pyatt
Boyle-Miller/Halpern-Powe
Asham

I think that is our best team. We have a dangerous top line and 3 lines that all can contribute.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
I don't think Miller sticks past 5 games (or when Cally comes back). Even if he looks good he could use more AHL seasoning and it would benefit the Rangers if his ELC slid.

When everyone is healthy:

Hagelin - Stepan - Pyatt/Callahan
Kreider - Halpern - Callahan/Pyatt
Powe - Boyle - Asham/Mashinter

Kreider is the real x-factor here. If he can elevate his game like he did in the playoffs this can be a formidable set of lines and take much needed pressure off the top line to produce.

Kershaw

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Stepan-Pyatt
Powe-Boyle-Miller
Mashinter-Halpern-Asham

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Pyatt-Boyle-Powe has the potential to be a seriously hard to handle third line once Callahan is back (I'd rather it be my 4th... but w/e :laugh:).

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Stepan-Pyatt
Powe-Boyle-Miller
Mashinter-Halpern-Asham

This is exactly what I would do until Cally/Kreider come back. I know Torts wants Halpern with Boyle, but this allows us to roll 4 lines and I don't want too much pressure on Miller. Give him 3rd line minutes and see how he does, 4th line minutes won't do jack for his growth.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I doubt Miller even plays. Torts is prob gonna let Mash play. Idk but thats what I think..

These are my lines I would try..

:rangers
Ryan Callahan - Brad Richards - Marian Gaborik
Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Chris Kreider - JT Miller - Taylor Pyatt
Darroll Powe - Brian Boyle - Nick Palmieri

Aaron Asham
Brandon Mashinter
Stu Bickel

Ryan McDonagh - Daniel Girardi
Marc Staal - Michael Del Zotto
Anton Stralman - Matt Gilroy

Steve Eminger
Stu Bickel

Henrik Lundqvist
Marty Biron

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I doubt Miller even plays. Torts is prob gonna let Mash play. Idk but thats what I think..

These are my lines I would try..

:rangers
Ryan Callahan - Brad Richards - Marian Gaborik
Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Chris Kreider - JT Miller - Taylor Pyatt
Darroll Powe - Brian Boyle - Nick Palmieri
Palmieri was sent to Connecticut

zelrio*

I don't understand everyone putting Gilroy on the third pair. Do you lot sincerely not remember how bad he was?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't understand everyone putting Gilroy on the third pair. Do you lot sincerely not remember how bad he was?

Did you seriously not watch the last two games? He was fine. More than adequate actually. Obviously the people with him on the 3rd pair in their lineups are counting on it continuing.

zelrio*

Did you seriously not watch the last two games? He was fine. More than adequate actually. Obviously the people with him on the 3rd pair in their lineups are counting on it continuing.

Yes, I seriously did. Do you seriously expect that to continue?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm not getting my hope's up but it'd be a pretty big deal for this team if Miller can stick playing a 3rd line role and Kreider came back playing well.

Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Pyatt/Callahan
Hagelin-Miller-Callahan/Pyatt
Powe-Halpern-Boyle
Asham

Would just have to add a vet D for the 3rd pairing.

Odds of both Miller and Kreider playing well, not so good lol.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yes, I seriously did. Do you seriously expect that to continue?

I seriously do expect it to continue. My seriousness on this topic should not be underestimated. :sarcasm:

No, honestly, I think the 6th spot is going to be a platoon situation until the deadline. Gilroy will get a few good games in, have a mediocre-to-bad game or two, and Eminger will come in. He'll have a few good games, have a mediocre-to-bad game or two and it will either rotate back to Gilroy or to Bickel. Repeat.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I seriously do expect it to continue. My seriousness on this topic should not be underestimated. :sarcasm:

No, honestly, I think the 6th spot is going to be a platoon situation until the deadline. Gilroy will get a few good games in, have a mediocre-to-bad game or two, and Eminger will come in. He'll have a few good games, have a mediocre-to-bad game or two and it will either rotate back to Gilroy or to Bickel. Repeat.

Agreed. Until Don Sather goes through the JEH style file with the murky folder containing all the GMs in the league caught in very compromising positions on film (old school) at an unnamed hotel in Vegas (envision the Governor scene in "The Godfather 2").
Then we will get that bottom pairing, VET defender (UFA) we all been asking for, for cheaper than we could begin to imagine... ;)
Its a Corelone family secret...

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
break up the big line.
Kreider-BRich-Miller (as long as this works)
Pyatt/Hagelin-Stepan-Nash (size plus creativity)
Hagelin/Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan (defense plus speed)
Asham-Halpern-Boyle

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Benching Gaborik?

whoops. I knew I forgot about someone. Go easy on me, it's 4 am here and I'm going to sleep now :laugh:.

Edit: I've got two Brian f***ing Boyles in the lineup to make that loss up. I could be on to something here :).

Last edited:

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Alright I put together something I think might work.

Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Pyatt-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Miller-Nash
Boyle-Powe-Asham

Might not be happy that Nash is playing 3rd line, but 3 deep lines can be deadly. It's hard to distinguish which line is the top line and teams can't always have their top D-pairs out there. Boyle-Powe-Asham is a big line that can hit and chip in on offense. THAT is what you want on your 4th line

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Nash Richards Callahan
Kreider Miller Gaborik
Hagelin Stepan Pyatt
Powe Boyle Halpern/Asham

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Del Zotto
Stralman Eminger
Gilroy

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
i would really consider putting nash with kreider and miller. kreider and miller played well and nash is nash. nash has been making things happen on his own while gabby and richards haven't been doing much. the rookies could do will if the main focus is on nash. torts probably doesnt want to put 2 rookies on the first line but if they keep playing well after a few games i would try it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad