Line Combos: What Would Your Lineup Look Like After The Recent Moves?

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
I would go with this when everyone is healthy

Gaborik Richards Nash
Hagelin Stepan Callahan
Pyatt Arnott Kreider
Ferreiro Boyle Asham

Ex: Rupp, Halpern

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Del Zotto
Stralman Eminger
Gilroy

Bickel to the AHL.

I like the additions of Ferreiro and Arnott. It allows us to scratch Rupp and roll four lines effectively when Kreider is healthy. Asham and Halpern can take turns rotating in and out of the lineup depending on the matchup. We have decent depth now, I like it.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
That looks just about perfect to me. Really like this signing by Slats.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
With Kreider performing:

Gaborik-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Arnott-Ferriero
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

Without Kreider performing:

Gaborik-Richards-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Ferriero-Arnott-Pyatt
Halpern-Boyle-Asham

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
With CK:

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Stepan - Pyatt
Hagelin - Ferriero - Callahan
Rupp/Asham/Boyle - Halpern/Arnott - Boyle/Halpern/Arnott

McD - Girardi
Staal - MDZ
Stralman - Eminger

Hank
Biron

Without CK:

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Hagelin - Ferriero - Callahan
Boyle - Stepan - Pyatt
Rupp/Asham/Halpern/Arnott - Halpern/Arnott - Halpern/Arnott/Rupp/Asham

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
I fail to see why Hagelin should play ahead of Pyatt.

I think his speed is better fit to play on a line with Step and Cally. Although Pyatt has looked awesome in that role lately. Pyatt with Arnott and Kreider gives us size, jam, and skill all in one. It really is a very strong 3rd line.

Dorado*

CK is going to the AHL and sadly stay there until he can play pro hockey .

Larry Melnyk

Feb 27, 2002
Gloomsville, USA
Visit site
With everybody healthy?

KREIDER in the AHL to learn a little and come back later in the season

Line 1: Gabby-Rich-Nash

Line 2a-2b

Arnott-Boyle-Pyatt
Hags-Step-Cally (or switch ARNOTT with Hags if you want more balance)

Line 4: Asham-Halpern-Ferriero

Riding the Pine where he Belongs : RUPP (great locker room guy but can't play or fight)

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
With Kreider performing:

Gaborik - Richards - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - Pyatt
Hagelin - Arnott/Boyle - Callahan
Ferriero/Rupp - Boyle/Halpern - Asham

Without Kreider performing:

Gaborik - Richards - Nash
Pyatt - Stepan - Hagelin
Ferriero - Arnott - Callahan
Halpern/Rupp - Boyle - Asham

Trade Eminger, 3rd round pick and rights to either Ceresnak or Pashnin for Douglas Murray or Corey Sarich (or another bigger 3rd pairing guy that can log 10-12 minutes)
Demote Gilroy
Check

Last edited:

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
I think his speed is better fit to play on a line with Step and Cally. Although Pyatt has looked awesome in that role lately. Pyatt with Arnott and Kreider gives us size, jam, and skill all in one. It really is a very strong 3rd line.

Personally I'm a bit more perplexed about why Callahan and Stepan would play together; the 2 of them have 0 chemistry and make each other play worse.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
With everybody healthy?

KREIDER in the AHL to learn a little and come back later in the season

Line 1: Gabby-Rich-Nash

Line 2a-2b

Arnott-Boyle-Pyatt
Hags-Step-Cally (or switch ARNOTT with Hags if you want more balance)

Line 4: Asham-Halpern-Ferriero

Riding the Pine where he Belongs : RUPP (great locker room guy but can't play or fight)

Aw, c'mon, LM, not you, too? Stepan and Callahan have not and do not have any chemistry whatsoever. They should not be on the same line. Hell, Callahan plays better with Boyle as his center. Was it really surprising to anyone that Stepan played his best game last night when he was moved next to Boyle and Pyatt, and away from Callahan? My daughter and I cringe when we see Stepan and Callahan PKing together. Tortorella seems to have figured out that aspect so far this season.

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
Gaborik-Richards-Nash
Pyatt-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Arnott-Kreider
Ferriero-Boyle-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
Eminger-Stralman

Nash-Callahan-Gaborik
Del Zotto-Richards

Pyatt-Arnott-Stepan
Stralman-Staal

Larry Melnyk

Feb 27, 2002
Gloomsville, USA
Visit site
Aw, c'mon, LM, not you, too? Stepan and Callahan have not and do not have any chemistry whatsoever. They should not be on the same line. Hell, Callahan plays better with Boyle as his center. Was it really surprising to anyone that Stepan played his best game last night when he was moved next to Boyle and Pyatt, and away from Callahan? My daughter and I cringe when we see Stepan and Callahan PKing together. Tortorella seems to have figured out that aspect so far this season.

OK, you ornery *******, I have no problem with switching STEPAN and Arnott then because of comptability issues and/or the desire not to go with one big line and and a smaller, faster more tenacious one....The problem is STEPAN is neither fast nor tenacios and is usually quite the prancer on the ice..Very skilled but with issues..

My main point of the lines is that ARNOOT will be playing top 9 and KREIDER will not be playing unless injury strikes...

Dorado*

Who knew that Jeff Gorton posts on HF?

I want CK to be good and play as much as anyone . It doesn't do him any good to play 7 m a night . As bad as the CT whale are he needs to play in all situations 222-25 plus a night and get his confidence and play intuitively . Have you watched him play this year in AHL and his 3 games ? I would say , lost , tentative , hurried all are good adjectives to describe his play right now .
Like I said I want this kid to be a stud but right now he is down on the depth chart . Ferreiro in his few shifts last night looked more ready to play at this level than CK . I hope they send him down and he has a great second half in AHL , and comes back later in season before PO ready to make a difference .

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I want CK to be good and play as much as anyone . It doesn't do him any good to play 7 m a night . As bad as the CT whale are he needs to play in all situations 222-25 plus a night and get his confidence and play intuitively . Have you watched him play this year in AHL and his 3 games ? I would say , lost , tentative , hurried all are good adjectives to describe his play right now .
Like I said I want this kid to be a stud but right now he is down on the depth chart . Ferreiro in his few shifts last night looked more ready to play at this level than CK . I hope they send him down and he has a great second half in AHL , and comes back later in season before PO ready to make a difference .

Agree, but if Kreider has been injured throughout the 1st 3 games hampering his performance - well it explains a lot. The skating was NOT there and without that - his biggest asset IMO - well...

Lundqvist 30 NY

Feb 8, 2012
NY
Gaborik-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Hagelin
Pyatt/Ferriero-Boyle-Callahan
Rupp/Asham-Arnott/Halpern-Pyatt/Ferriero

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
Eminger-Stralman

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
OK, you ornery *******, I have no problem with switching STEPAN and Arnott then because of comptability issues and/or the desire not to go with one big line and and a smaller, faster more tenacious one....The problem is STEPAN is neither fast nor tenacios and is usually quite the prancer on the ice..Very skilled but with issues..

My main point of the lines is that ARNOOT will be playing top 9 and KREIDER will not be playing unless injury strikes...

Good to hear from you again...always good to see the oldtimers come around. Anyway, this Stepan-Callahan thing his become my pet peeve, so I get a little testy when I see so many trying to put two players who do not work together on the same line, just because of some silly notion about 1st, 2nd and 3rd line players. Ideally, Stepan should have either Gaborik or Nash on his RW to spread out the offense, but, right now, that 1st line has been beastly, and Nash and Gaborik seem to be developing chemistry, so why not ride it for awhile?

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Hagelin-Ferriero-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Pyatt
Arnott-Boyle-Halpern

Staal-Del Zotto
McDonagh-Girardi
Stralman-Eminger

Wait... I'm missing the scrubs

SupersonicMonkey*

Hagelin. Richards. Gaborik
Worked last year.

Kreider. Stepan. Nash
Stepan and Kreider worked last year. Want Nash with Kreider, open space for him let him bang in some rebounds and get confidence.

Ferriero. Boyle. Callahan
Speed and tenacity.

Arnott. Halpern. Pyatt

Distribute the speed and scoring. Try to find chemistry. And please use the whole bench.

McDonagh. Girardi
Staal. Stralman
Del Zotto. Gilroy

Bickel to Hartford. Asham, Rupp, Eminger the spares.

Want to see if Gilroy's skating can help generate offensive pressure. See if he can still play at this level, if not, back to Hartford, bring Bickel back. No re-entry waivers to worry about.

Larry Melnyk

Feb 27, 2002
Gloomsville, USA
Visit site
Good to hear from you again...always good to see the oldtimers come around. Anyway, this Stepan-Callahan thing his become my pet peeve, so I get a little testy when I see so many trying to put two players who do not work together on the same line, just because of some silly notion about 1st, 2nd and 3rd line players. Ideally, Stepan should have either Gaborik or Nash on his RW to spread out the offense, but, right now, that 1st line has been beastly, and Nash and Gaborik seem to be developing chemistry, so why not ride it for awhile?

Same here..was surprised to see your name...True, ideally you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket but right now the Rangers need the Big 3 together...I hear you on Step-Cally..and Step did look good with the bigger bodies..Personally, I don't mind if lines are switchecd and jiggled a bit (but like keeping pairs together) and, now with ARNOTT, I think the Rangers have all the talent and alot of flexibility for a top line and semi-equal 2nd and 3rd lines with different streengths (without KREIDER, who I was worried about along with Hags and his lack of production and consistency)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00