Line Combos: What Would Your Lineup Look Like After The Recent Moves?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Just gotta say that it is TERRIFIC that Boyle is now not even being considered for anywhere in the top-9 (even if just on here, where has been portrayed as such a great player by wayyyyyy too many people). For the longest time he has been a 4th line player, playing on the 3rd line, getting 2nd line minutes, but no one would want to hear it...he has been awful this year, and should be a staple on the 4th line--and get 4th line minutes, in addition to PK--from now own...

Yea I still think torts plays him 3rdline but I now see him as expendable for next season if they can sell high. Miller and Kreider have a big day in that plus fast and Lindberg are tearing up the sel league

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I agree that pier balances the lines better since he's faster than rupo and if miller and Kreider do well the team will be in good shape. It allows a guy like gal perm to be a spare w calmly back soon

Spellcheck is the devil.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Nash - Stepan - Pyatt
Kreider - Miller - Callahan
Boyle - Halpern - Powe

Staal - MDZ
McD - Girardi
Gilroy - Stralman

Gabotrick

Nov 25, 2011
Kreider-Richards-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan
Boyle-Halpren-Asham/Powe

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
Eminger/Gilroy-Stralman

Lundqvist
Biron

This is if Miller stays/ and his other four games. Of not move boyle up and put powe at left wing.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Are you saying that Staal-MDZ are now our top pair?

They have been more effective thus far than McD - Girardi IMO. It's a luxury that we have 2 pairings that can be our top 2, so give the minutes to the pairing that's playing the best.

Thus far, I think that pairing has been Staal - MDZ. If that pairing falls off or if McD - Girardi otherwise play better than Staal - MDZ, then they get the top 2 minutes.

Don't see why that's controversial.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Kreider-Richards-Nash
Gaborik-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
Miller-Halpern-Powe

Girardi-McDonagh
Stall-Del Zotto
Strallman-Black Hole

Vickers8

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Nash - Stepan - Pyatt
Kreider - Miller - Callahan
Boyle - Halpern - Powe

Staal - MDZ
McD - Girardi
Gilroy - Stralman

I like the Kreider - Miller - Callahan line...also have to give Gilroy some credit for stabilizing the 6th dman spot, he can carry more minutes than Bickel and Emminger

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
with some of these lineups being presented we NEED a tough guy who can find his way into the lineup.

Asham got cut pretty bad with a highstick and that might render him out of commision for a while and no one wants Bickel in the lineup...that leaves us with no one!

There has to be a viable option that can fill the role available somewhere...or maybe Haley is worth the call up to slot in for Halpern.

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Krieder - Miller - Callahan
Hagelin - Stepan - Pyatt
Haley - Boyle - Powe

Mcd - Girardi
Staal - MDZ
Eminger - Stralman

Three reliable lines to roll...have someone who will literally FIGHT for his playing time...Powe and Boyle still in line up for PK's...but see minimal time along with Haley.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Is Cally back 2nite? Boyle looks to be in the dog house. also looks like Torts is trying to roll 3 solid lines. I like the 4th as well for PK and toughness

-Taylor Pyatt, Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik
-Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan, Rick Nash
-Chris Kreider, JT Miller, Ryan Callahan
-Arron Asham, Jeff Halpern, Darroll Powe

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Coach trying to fire up Boyle
Good thing by Torts IMO
One of the moves I can really agree with

If Miller sticks - he (Boyle) will probably be moved done to the 4th line long term
Which I think would be a great thing for the team as a whole as we could then roll 4 lines and spread out the icetime better

Asham - Boyle - Halpern - Powe fighting it out for spots on the 4th line sure looks better than it did one week ago I must readily say.
This lineup is now showing some real likability

Call up Mashinter if we need a heavyweight is also now an option. Better than having a slow, lumbering punching bag in Mike Rupp take up an expensive roster spot for 4 minutes of icetime I must say!!!

Ferriero and Palmieri as likeable callup options
Once Hrivik returns - CT will have quite a nice lineup too. He might get a cup of coffee too, if he continues to develop
Newbury, Haley and Segal are all one game callup options if we want to start a brawl too ;)
I am pretty sure we will see a couple games of Big mac as well - if we are not desperately clawing to get into the POs

I like these moves Sather has made lately
Really good asset management IMO

Once Girardi is back - I would waive Eminger
If he clears he can get some serious minutes in Hartford and stay warm helping out the abysmal D they have down there and be a good callup option as well.
Then I would seriously try to find that #6 D we have all been talking about.
For a midlevel prospect & mid round pick. Maybe when Burns returns to the San Jose lineup - which should be within 7-10 days?? Then they gotta get rid of "someone" it seems... :naughty:
Hopefully enough roster movement until the deadline
Thereafter we should see what we are lacking - if anything - to give us serious depth until the end of June
Rental UFAs at the deadline only please - unless a crazy deal appears - or unless we deal Boyle for a similar contract and upgrade adding more than him - but I do not see that happening really...

:yo:

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Kreider-Richards-Nash
Gaborik-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
Miller-Halpern-Powe

Girardi-McDonagh
Stall-Del Zotto
Strallman-Black Hole

I'd switch Cally to LW before I switched Gabby. Otherwise, I like the look, although I'm not crazy about Miller getting 4th line minutes for too long.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
When everyone's back (Sunday)

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik ... (Hags is going now, reunite that line, put Gabs on the RW)
Pyatt - Stepan - Nash ... (a lot of size here, maybe not enough speed but good net presence)
Kreider - Miller - Cally ... (try it, sounds great - ease Cally in)
Boyle - Halpern - Powe ... (thats a good 4th line and it puts Boyle on the wall)

McDonagh - Girardi
Stall - Del Zotto
Stralman - Eminger

Scratched - Asham (does nothing), Bickel (bad), Gilroy (have no clue why Eminger isnt in instead of him)

Lundqvist (needs games to get into it)

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Kreider-Richards-Nash
Gaborik-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
Miller-Halpern-Powe

Girardi-McDonagh
Stall-Del Zotto
Strallman-Black Hole

Agree. Put Asham in when it looks like things will get rough.

This thread is becoming funny though. With the influx of bottom 6 bodies being imported and exported, its a different set of names each time.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Agree. Put Asham in when it looks like things will get rough.

This thread is becoming funny though. With the influx of bottom 6 bodies being imported and exported, its a different set of names each time.

Once Sather brings Fedetenko back from the KHL, all bets are off for the bottom six.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
All indications are that Brian Boyle will be a healthy scratch tonight. Boyle haters rejoice!

And when you're done doing that, tell me out of Richards, Stepan, and Miller you want lining up opposite of Tavares.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Hags-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Miller-Cally(When hes back, Boyle for now)
Powe-Halpern-Asham(Boyle when Cally is back)

Every line has speed and every line can play proper defense. The first line worked last year, give it a damn chance and stop frontloading our team. Its predictable and easy to matchup. Cant say the other lines will work, but at least each line is a little more competative and we have some speed again.

The third pairing is the only thing that matters because the other two, when healthy will not be changed. Should be Stralman and Gilroy. Bickel should be in the AHL.

Similar to my lines except i have Pyatt and Kreider switched. WOuldnt mind it your way either.

Only thing I take issue with is Gilroy on the third pair. Would rather have Eminger there. Dumbfounded why he isnt getting a real chance (3-4 games straight to prove hes better than Gilroy or Bickel)

BTW, where's McIlrath? Shouldn't he be in that spot by now ?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Similar to my lines except i have Pyatt and Kreider switched. WOuldnt mind it your way either.

Only thing I take issue with is Gilroy on the third pair. Would rather have Eminger there. Dumbfounded why he isnt getting a real chance (3-4 games straight to prove hes better than Gilroy or Bickel)

BTW, where's McIlrath? Shouldn't he be in that spot by now ?

Have to agree about Eminger. I feel hes the best option between him, Bickel, and Gilroy.

Then again, thats like what method of death you prefer - lethal injection, electric chair, or firing squad?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Have to agree about Eminger. I feel hes the best option between him, Bickel, and Gilroy.

Then again, thats like what method of death you prefer - lethal injection, electric chair, or firing squad?

I honestly dont think Eminger is that bad, especially on the last pairing. Before his injuries I thought he was playing well and he added a nice dimension of toughness to the team. Something that Gilroy provides none of.

He was pretty much and even player 65 games two season ago and probably wouldve played that many last year without his injuries. He must have been doing something right for Torts to keep him in there for that many starts. Why he thinks Bickel or Gilroy are better options is beyond me, it really is. I would love to hear the explanation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad