Speculation: What would it take for NJ to get Quinn?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I see people have gone from making armchair trade proposals to armchair backstories of how Quinn desperately wants to leave Vancouver. :laugh: Some of you need to go outside and enjoy your summer.

Reactions: Mergatroidskittle

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
In Vancouver, we consider Toronto to be eastern.
Fair, I just wouldn't say they grew up on the East Coast. The East Coast cities (mainly Boston, NYC, Philly and Baltimore) tend to be much older and the cities architecture reflects that with way more rowhouses/brown stones, and such (in the city core). Toronto is pretty much the major city that is slightly north, but between NYC and Chicago geographically. These kids have essentially been Hockey vagabonds throughout their childhood due to their dads career. Their parents have a connection to New England, but I'm not sure the kids really care given they chose Michigan, which tends to be the most popular school for top GTHL kids who don't want to go the OHL route (Power, Cogliano) or school they threaten to go to or commit before backing out (Domi, Marner, Perfetti) considering Michigan is the closest major D1 hockey program to here. But, obviously, the guys who grow up in New England/Tri-State area and go to the Boston schools tend to want to be in that area (Shattenkirk, Fox, Hayes, Vesey, etc).

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
Also have to consider that maybe Quinn doesn't want to go live in that environment, not to mention that Vancouver is probably more appealing in the short term

Severson/Smith + Holtz/Nico + Sharangovich/Zacha

Why not just trade all the good young players from Jersey. If we're going to overpay that much for a player that is bad at defense, let's just give them all away.

Last edited:

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
The needle comment I assumed was a “jab” at the addiction issues in Van . . Which is def an issue here, though not one a millionaire hockey player would have to worry about

Your comment I can’t place on either city
I was assuming he was saying Jersey has a needle problem, if that's not that case my attempt to throw baseless hyperbole at baseless hyperbole was a mistake.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Why not just trade all the good young players from Jersey, a team which is bad at defense, for a player that is also bad at defense.
And yet he scores more points than both of your 1st overall guys. I think that’s where this salt is coming from.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
For those Vancouverites that really haven't left BC, NJ state has some real nice neighbourhoods and towns (better than Richmond, Surrey, Langley, nicer than White Rock) and be within an hour of NYC. Anyone trying to think Van is better than NYC hasn't left BC or travelled much. NYC is like a country of its own nothing in NA compares.
But I don't see Quinn leaving for NJ or demanding a trade to them. I see all 3 brothers walking as FA to play with the Rangers. You can all go back and forth as much as you want but it's a done deal

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
People are seriously defending New Jersey in here ?

I live in New Jersey—in one of the hip and historic beach towns, to boot. And this state absolutely f***ing blows. Unequivocally. It's a giant stripmall with a beach. Cost of living sucks. Traffic sucks. The people mostly suck—at least, compared to basically anywhere else. The air quality is garbage. The Nice Suburbs it has are no nicer or greener or safer or whatever than any of them in any other state, they just cost twice as much. There is no actual reason to live in New Jersey if you don't have to. And if you would prefer New Jersey over any location in BC, you're from New Jersey and haven't left.

Last edited:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Quinn Hughes puts up more pts than Hischier! That’s not the main piece in a Hughes trade.

Hischier team is terrible, but he still produces offensively and strong defensively. Hughes is garbage defensively.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
People are seriously defending New Jersey in here ?

I live in New Jersey—in one of the hip and historic beach towns, to boot. And this state absolutely f***ing blows. Unequivocally. It's a giant stripmall with a beach. Cost of living sucks. Traffic sucks. The people mostly suck—at least, compared to basically anywhere else. The air quality is garbage. The Nice Suburbs it has are no nicer or greener or safer or whatever than any of them in any other state, they just cost twice as much. There is no actual reason to live in New Jersey if you don't have to. And if you would prefer New Jersey over any location in BC, you're from New Jersey and haven't left.
Grass is always greener my friend.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
We're still arguing about cities and speculating that Quinn wants out based on zero evidence?

K

Someone tag me when people start realistically discussing what it would take for Jersey to pry Quinn from Vancouver without all of the other bullshit.

Cheers

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I’ll chime in with a pointless post. People who love a city like Vancouver probably don’t really love a city like NY and vice versa. I’m partial to Vancouver and am from the NYC suburbs of NJ.

People do have a very skewed, incorrect view of what NJ is though. I’m sure Quinn knows the truth and can decide for himself.

Last edited:

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Quinn is still in the honeymoon phase with Vancouver, but things will sour eventually and he will want out of Vancouver and Canada in general.

Most Canadian players don't even want to live and play in Canada.

You are very uninformed, many Canadian players live in Canada in the off season and then full time once retired. The Okanagan in BC is home to a ton of current and former NHL players, even your blackhawks live here and now former hawk Mr. Keith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad