Speculation: What would it take for NJ to get Quinn?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
This will be one of about 2822 posts about this. No me knows what the hell van happen in the next few years. Maybe the Canucks win the Cup and the there is no reason for Quinn to want to stay in VanC ? Maybe the wheels fall off in VanC and Quinn is fed up . Perhaps the Devils botch their rebuild and continue to suck for years and the Canucks look like a legit contender so Luke and Jack head to VanC? Maybe both teams are terrible so they all stagger their contracts and leave for a third team together?
If Quinn continues to be as valuable to the Canucks as he is now , it will take a ridiculous overpayment to trade for him . A price the Devils would not / should not pay.
The only possible situation I see for them to all play together is if they are hellbent on playing on the same team and one or more of them force a move to do so.
All I know for sure is that it looked like Jack was sure the hell pumped to play with Luke. Who knows what Quinn thinks . Maybe he wants to create his own legacy ? Or maybe he is counting the years until he can join them . Who knows.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Was wondering because he has been a bit underwhelming since his debut and NJ have great young forwards but défense is rather weak
Agree but what would NJ replace him with? After him they have very little C depth that looks like they can be a 2c . Zacha is not it , McLeod is not it , Mercer might be but I’m guessing he will be a winger in the NHL.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Which county do you live in?

I'm 6 blocks from the beach in Asbury. It's a solid town, some of the more obnoxious NY tourists aside. Anywhere is a decent place to live and make friends if you have the resources. But I go extra hard taking the piss out of NJ people, because I find folks are just insanely defensive and proud of this architecturally dismal, expensive, over-developed, pushy, and sometimes foul-smelling little patch of land. I get it--the state gets mocked and abused by people who have never been here, and that's unfair. Of course there are positives, as with any place, and cool towns and nice little pockets, and reasons to love a home. The Delaware River side from Trenton on up is nice, but that's because it's basically Pennsylvania. Princeton, all that. But the criticisms of the scenery, the awful state of the roads and the behavior on them-plus sprawling development that demands you use those roads nonstop, the environment, and the way people treat each other are not unfounded. Light rail to NY and this particular beach are the only two things that I have found here that you can't get better/more/cheaper anywhere else.

Last edited:

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Not every sibling want to live and work at the same place, some prefer some distance.

Also this could turn into something awful. What if all three of them becomes stars and the faces of the franchise.

One of the brothers feels insulted by the new contract offer and starts talking shit to his brothers who got his back. All the sudden the Devils got 3 guys who are busting their balls.

They'll most likely control the lockerroom too.

Reactions: salo franchise

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
how are these posts allowed to stay up, honestly?

Especially when the Canadian posters get all bent out of shape when there are reports of players not wanting to sign in Canada.

Also, anyone that knows anything knows that New Jersey is a great place to live, especially Hoboken/Jersey City area for 20 somethings.
I’m fine with players not wanting to play in Canada. Not bent out of shape over it at all.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Not every sibling want to live and work at the same place, some prefer some distance.

Also this could turn into something awful. What if all three of them becomes stars and the faces of the franchise.

One of the brothers feels insulted by the new contract offer and starts talking shit to his brothers who got his back. All the sudden the Devils got 3 guys who are busting their balls.

They'll most likely control the lockerroom too.

Chances are if they Devils ever got them would be in different parts of their contracts so I don’t think that would ever be an issue. I also don’t get the vibes that they come off as overly aggressive to controlling the locker room. Jack might be the only one but even he was a lot more laid back + composed than our other young guys last year when things were a bit rough

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
People are seriously defending New Jersey in here ?

I live in New Jersey—in one of the hip and historic beach towns, to boot. And this state absolutely f***ing blows. Unequivocally. It's a giant stripmall with a beach. Cost of living sucks. Traffic sucks. The people mostly suck—at least, compared to basically anywhere else. The air quality is garbage. The Nice Suburbs it has are no nicer or greener or safer or whatever than any of them in any other state, they just cost twice as much. There is no actual reason to live in New Jersey if you don't have to. And if you would prefer New Jersey over any location in BC, you're from New Jersey and haven't left.
Couldn't be more wrong buddy but go ahead and spew lies

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I'm 6 blocks from the beach in Asbury. It's a solid town, some of the more obnoxious NY tourists aside. Anywhere is a decent place to live and make friends if you have the resources. But I go extra hard taking the piss out of NJ people, because I find folks are just insanely defensive and proud of this architecturally dismal, expensive, over-developed, pushy, and sometimes foul-smelling little patch of land. I get it--the state gets mocked and abused by people who have never been here, and that's unfair. Of course there are positives, as with any place, and cool towns and nice little pockets, and reasons to love a home. The Delaware River side from Trenton on up is nice, but that's because it's basically Pennsylvania. Princeton, all that. But the criticisms of the scenery, the awful state of the roads and the behavior on them-plus sprawling development that demands you use those roads nonstop, the environment, and the way people treat each other are not unfounded. Light rail to NY and this particular beach are the only two things that I have found here that you can't get better/more/cheaper anywhere else.
Well said. As a Devil born and raised in TOronto, I visited my family in PArsippany often. I love the place. Off course there are pockets that are sketchy, but the beaches and attractions are fantastic. Last year was the first time in 9 years we never visited the AC/Cape MAy area. My kids are 11 and 16. They love Wawa and Wildwood and Sunset Beach and the Atlantic City Boardwalk. Liberty Park, Hoboken, Weehawken and many great towns. IT gets a bad rap, but those people are ignorant to what it has. Atlantic City is considered a dump. Yes it has sketchy areas, but I have hit that boardwalk 50 times. Not ONCE did I ever feel unsafe, and you are only driving through those areas and not staying in them.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
Not seeing much in terms of actual trade offers.

Jersey fans, you want Quinn? We don't want to lose him, so what are you willing to move in order to make it worth our while?

Reactions: salo franchise

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I'm from Vancouver, and I think New Jersey would be a great place to live. It looks like there is lots to see/do, many cool places nearby, etc. I think a lot of people who trash talk it have no clue.

Reactions: Basement Cat

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Lol NJ is not trading their captain for the holy trinity of Hughes’s

First, it was devils fans who made this post, don't get all snarky cuz this is what our fanbase asks back. Yea we are totally pining to trade him to u guys for nothing. If you guys want a civil debate about a player YOU want, dont act like a child in response to what a fan of the other team asks. f*** if they ask for your future 4 1sts and hischier, remember, it's not us wanting to move him, it's you guys wanting to get him.

On that note, goes for Canucks fans too or all fans for that matter. U post for a player of another team in these message boards, are u expecting them to bend over, take your leftovers, to make u feel better? Keep it civil and ull find you'll have a better debate as to what actual value is closer too. End rant

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
First, it was devils fans who made this post, don't get all snarky cuz this is what our fanbase asks back. Yea we are totally pining to trade him to u guys for nothing. If you guys want a civil debate about a player YOU want, dont act like a child in response to what a fan of the other team asks. f*** if they ask for your future 4 1sts and hischier, remember, it's not us wanting to move him, it's you guys wanting to get him.

On that note, goes for Canucks fans too or all fans for that matter. U post for a player of another team in these message boards, are u expecting them to bend over, take your leftovers, to make u feel better? Keep it civil and ull find you'll have a better debate as to what actual value is closer too. End rant

What the actual f*** is your problem? The guy who mentioned Hischier was a Habs fan originally that I responded back to, first off. Second off, I know chances are low for Quinn to come to NJ and they aren’t going to trade a newly minted captain to do that which was my original point. They would probably trade other pieces to ensure that IF it ever happened. And if saying lol sent you off that badly on a rant then stay off the internet.

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
You either overpay or dont get him:
Hischier retained for 50% + 3x 1st rounds not protected

I’ll gladly wait for Quinn to reach UFA and if that day doesn’t ever come, oh well. They can all sign together somewhere for a year after winning cups in NJ and VAN, lol.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Not seeing much in terms of actual trade offers.

Jersey fans, you want Quinn? We don't want to lose him, so what are you willing to move in order to make it worth our while?

If we’re being honest, I much rather have Boeser than Quinn via a trade right now since our wings are in need of boosting and you guys just traded for Garland. But maybe something around Ty Smith + prospect + picks? Smith would probably be redundant if Quinn was being shipped over here in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad