Speculation: What would it take for NJ to get Quinn?

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
I find it amusing when people argue about how cool their city is here lol. Quite sure Quinn would love to spend more time with his brothers, who cares what city they are in.

Is he married to them?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
how are these posts allowed to stay up, honestly?

Especially when the Canadian posters get all bent out of shape when there are reports of players not wanting to sign in Canada.

Also, anyone that knows anything knows that New Jersey is a great place to live, especially Hoboken/Jersey City area for 20 somethings.

I live in a NJ suburb and my neighbor literally is an owner of an NFL franchise and David Diehl lives right down the street from me. NJ has the best public school systems in the country and is one of the most desirable places to raise a young family.

I swear sometimes the people think the stretch of land you pass on the NJ transit from the Meadowlands into NY Penn represents all of NJ.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Really depends on what people are into. If you’re rich, it’s great. Quick flight from Harbour Air to Whistler, Torino, etc. that gives you access to Surfing, Mountain biking, boating, etc. in the summer. Basically any outdoor activity is at your fingertips.

In terms of nightlife, I completely agree - but it’s never been that type of city. There were more bars and clubs, but nobody came to Vancouver and thought it had amazing nightlife - it was just passable.

Surfing in Vancouver is all cold water. It's also going to take you a while to get to Tofino when you factor in loading times. If I was rich I'd rather go to a nice beach in California or Florida. I'm also not sure how much time hockey players have to spend in Whistler during the season, or if the team would even let them to ski with the risk of injury. The selling points you're talking about are more appealing to upper middle class families, not millionaire hockey players.

A major issue with the Hughes family is that they are all very east coast and seem very close with their extended family who all live in the east coast. I cannot see all three brothers moving to Vancouver, and think the reverse scenario of Quinn going to New Jersey remains far more likely.

As a Flames fan, we have the same worries with Gaudreau. It seems like the guys who go through the USHL and NCAA system seem very tied to the US east coast.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Not really. Pettersson might get Jack but Vancouver doesnt have a quality D prospect to get Luke. Meanwhile NJ has Ty Smith who can be used in a Quinn swap.
LOL @ Pettersson "might get Jack".
Guess that's the value of response we can expect on HFboards.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Quinn being a champ and doing what he needs to do, awkwardly grimacing and congratulating his youngest brother for getting picked by New Jersey is not a sign "it's blatantly obvious he wants out".

Also, Quinn's already a 0.73 points/ game defender and All-Star, and is likely just a bit below Makar and Fox when it comes to top level offensive D-men. If you want him, the asking price starts at Ty Smith (roster regular to replace Quinn), plus Shakir Muhkammadullin (top prospect) and maybe a pick. I for one would readily do that but still doesn't mean that Quinn should be undervalued for what he brings as an already elite offensive D-man.

Reactions: Regular David Bruce

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I don’t think that’s a big concern for multi-millionaires
multi-millionaires find a nice neighbourhood in every place of the world. so it's more important, that in your neighbourhood don't live too many intellectually challenged people. :naughty:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
lol based on what exactly
based on a fan base, which ranks in my top 4 of the fan bases most disconnected from reality. there are probably still some canucks fans, who truely believe boeser should have gotten the calder over barzal.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Is he married to them?
all three are in an age, where the most likely haven't thought about getting married. but sure vancouver has nice areas to raise kids. just those three mostly care about hockey here and now.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
all three are in an age, where the most likely haven't thought about getting married. but sure vancouver has nice areas to raise kids. just those three mostly care about hockey here and now.

My question was... Why would they care so much about being with their brothers? They're adults

Reactions: nucks88

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
My question was... Why would they care so much about being with their brothers? They're adults
even if you are an adult, you spend your time with the people you like most. doesn't mean you HAVE TO work with them as well. i personally prefer to keep work and private life separate. others enjoy a family business. i don't think either or is perfect. differnt people have different plans for their life.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I have no idea if Quinn wants to play with them, but if he did it's 100% ok to want to get paid to do the most important thing in your life with the most important people. Not sure why that's such a strange concept.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
New Jersey is the Sopranos/Jersey Shore hybrid.

Vancouver is fully of stoned hippies.

All of Arizona is Breaking Bad.

NYC is Mad Men or a Wu-Tang video.

Los Angeles always shaking and you are either a movie star or are part of a street gang.

There, that's handled, can we go back to ragging on each others hockey teams now?

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
I live in a NJ suburb and my neighbor literally is an owner of an NFL franchise and David Diehl lives right down the street from me. NJ has the best public school systems in the country and is one of the most desirable places to raise a young family.

I swear sometimes the people think the stretch of land you pass on the NJ transit from the Meadowlands into NY Penn represents all of NJ.

I live in super quiet suburbs that are both a 50-minute drive to New York City, or a 1 hour train ride..... and also 12 minutes from a clean nice beach. Or I'm 10 minutes from farmland or a state park.

It's the best of both worlds. And even though my taxes aren't great, my streets are fixed/plowed and the area as a whole is very nice.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
If I had to trade Quinn it would be for something like Smith, Bahl, Bratt and a 1st for Hughes and Myers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad