Speculation: What would it take for NJ to get Quinn?

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
Blackwood + Hischier

That would be kind of redundant for the Nucks. We're alright at center and goaltending for the time being. A return package would probably have to include Severson and a bunch of futures as we're desperately shallow on RHD and our pool isnt looking so great with so many recent graduates.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
That would be kind of redundant for the Nucks. We're alright at center and goaltending for the time being. A return package would probably have to include Severson and a bunch of futures as we're desperately shallow on RHD and our pool isnt looking so great with so many recent graduates.

Your center line will be weak real quick once MTL offersheet Elias :sarcasm:

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Severson, and Smith would probably be the asking price. We dont have to trade him and that would definitely booster our backend

RoyalRed

Apr 8, 2013
A lot. Don't even try. The Devils literally don't even need the 3rd Hughes. Like, why? It's not like he's a goalie or plays RD or something.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Quinn has lived in Vancouver. There’s no chance he wants to downgrade from living there to living in a dump, even if his brothers are there.

If you watched the interview, he rolled his eyes when Luke said they could all play together.
Have you ever been to Jersey? The arena isn’t in a great spot but it’s nice.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Are you genuinely debating that someone who prefers an outdoor lifestyle would choose to live in Newark NJ/NYC over Vancouver BC, or are you just arguing for the hell of it?

2nd part of your comment is one of the more ignorant statements I’ve seen here, which is a big feat.

I am saying there are mountains eveywhere and if your big selling point is mountains there isn't much going on.
I grew up on the side of a mountain where we could ski home at the end of the day, mountains are not all your making them out to be.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I am saying there are mountains eveywhere and if your big selling point is mountains there isn't much going on.
I grew up on the side of a mountain where we could ski home at the end of the day, mountains are not all your making them out to be.

I drink water every day, water isn't what you make it out to be, don't drink water, 100% of people who consume water die.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
Your center line will be weak real quick once MTL offersheet Elias :sarcasm:
It'll be fine when we offersheet Suzuki next year :sarcasm:

Anyways, offers, let's go. This "We'll just wait for him to be a free agent" is softbrain stuff. There's a reason why good players don't typically become total free agents until they hit their late 20's. You want him? Pay up.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The only thing Jersey has over Vancouver is an easier travel schedule.
Or not being in a media crazed Canadian fan base . Or living in a foreign country in Quinn’s case.
Not big deals by any means but still more than one single reason.
At the end of the day I’m sure there are kinda nice places to live in NJ and VanC if you are a multi-millionaire.
Not sure how many multi-millionaires have posted in here that have lived in both places and can say one was superior than the other.
Also different strokes for different folks . Only Quinn knows what his preference is or what he looks for in finding a nice place to live.
Also the people who posted that Quinn rolled his eyes when they said he should come join the other two… maybe just maybe he rolled his eyes because it was kinda an inappropriate thing to say and put him on the spot ? But ya… he rolled his eyes because he dislikes NJ and the thought of living there made him roll his eyes… like really ?*rolls eyes*

Last edited:

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
People think there isnt any rich areas in northern NJ for professional athletes to live ? Quinn could live in NYC if he really wants too and still be able to commute over to Newark via car or train no problem as our practice rink is built into the Prudential Center. I would prefer to live in Vancouver over the tri state area but to act like Northern NJ is bad everywhere clearly means most of you haven't been there and dont know what you are talking about.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I drink water every day, water isn't what you make it out to be, don't drink water, 100% of people who consume water die.

Yes if the mountain isn't close enough you will die. I see how you made the connection

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Yes if the mountain isn't close enough you will die. I see how you made the connection

It's just as relevant as your experience of not liking the mountains, it has nothing to do with the thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad