What will happen, if Edmonton wins another 1st overall?

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
We're not going to be any better next season either. Hughes and Lafreniere baby!

RNH - McDavid - Draisaitl
Lafreniere - Hughes - ????

Very nice.
vh799rJt_400x400.jpg
jack-hughes-1-121918-ftrjpg_16tgcrm31512o1m63mvz1dqw21.jpg

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
They will pick J. Hughes 1st overall. Then I want him to laugh at the Oilers and spend 4 years in NCAA Michigan and then sign with a different team.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
The Oilers problem isn't "ruining" good prospects, its not being able to find anyone to play behind them. Yakupov was a bust, he wasn't going to make it anyway, that's apparent after watching him. He had the scoring touch, but not the vision needed to be a star at the NHL level. Pulujarvi is the lone top prospect that the Oilers are mishandling.

That was the biggest issue when we had Hall/Nuge/Eberle, and it's still the problem with McDavid/Draisaitl/Nuge.
So JP is the only prospect Edmonton has mishandled? I don’t buy it, you sound like you’re in denial

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So JP is the only prospect Edmonton has mishandled? I don’t buy it, you sound like you’re in denial

The lone top prospect yes. I guess you can say Yakupov too, but I am not convinced that they could have done anything to make him an NHL'er, he just doesn't have it. Other teams tried and failed too. Who among top prospects have they mishandled? I don't consider their 2nd round and later picks to be top prospects, so they don't count. Their problem has been inability to help the prospects who aren't top tier guys progress to become NHL'ers, and drafting slugs.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
The lone top prospect yes. I guess you can say Yakupov too, but I am not convinced that they could have done anything to make him an NHL'er, he just doesn't have it. Other teams tried and failed too. Who among top prospects have they mishandled? I don't consider their 2nd round and later picks to be top prospects, so they don't count. Their problem has been inability to help the prospects who aren't top tier guys progress to become NHL'ers, and drafting slugs.
The fact that you’re sticking up for the Oilers player delevopment is sad and I literally never thought anyone could even make this argument. The cold Edmonton winter must be freezing brains out there.
Only first round picks count? :laugh:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Why would we trade McDavid if we get Hughes, Nuge would probably be traded for a number 1 D.
RNH goes to win Hart in following season. Full circle.

If i was an Oiler fan , i would 100% would want Eugene Melnyk as owner of the team.....yeah seriously....If he sells Ott soon, i would beg him to buy the Oilers. Look at Ottawa ,every year since 2006..they still had successes..never got a basket of 1st overall /top picks either like Oilers,....If he had the Edmonton market money to play with , he would have the Oilers chasing the cup...not the painful joke we all have witnessed in Edmonton.

You crazy.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Is it wrong that I sorta want them to get a top 3 pick just so Mcdavid can play for a consistent playoff team?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Edmonton will draft a forward with the #1 overall. The next step is to trade Nuge, after deciding they have a surplus at forward. The return will be a mediocre d-man that doesn't really work out. Nuge will put up career numbers. The draft pick will be thrown to the fire, and not really work out. Rinse and repeat.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
At this point I wouldn't even care just because McDavid gets some help....but knowing the oilers they'll screw up Hughes development somehow

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
If drafted by Edmonton Jack Hughes refuses to sign with Edmonton saying he has no respect for Oilers ownership and won't play for them . He demands to be traded and until that happens he play in Europe for at least one season and if necessary a second season then re enter the draft to be drafted by another team.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Where Oilers win again...lol

If drafted by Edmonton Jack Hughes refuses to sign with Edmonton saying he has no respect for Oilers ownership and won't play for them . He demands to be traded and until that happens he play in Europe for at least one season and if necessary a second season then re enter the draft to be drafted by another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00