Proposal: What Should the Bruins do this Summer? III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Power forward with great size and good wheels.

I'm uncertain about his upside. Personally.

Also shoots right and plays on the right side (I believe). Don't know if this is the asset I'm clamouring for.

I'm all for prospects with good potential, but we need the real thing. We need a proven top-6 winger or we're no better than we were last season. As of right now we're still a one line team.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Power forward with great size and good wheels.

I'm uncertain about his upside. Personally.

Also shoots right and plays on the right side (I believe). Don't know if this is the asset I'm clamouring for.

Is he Neely tough?

Horton tough?

or

Wheeler soft?

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Liked Tuch a lot in college, but I don't think I'd move #18 for him. Maybe depending on how the draft plays out, but I think there will be players with more upside than him still available there.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
with the cap now known... losing colin miller to vegas... signing rfa pastrnak to 6.5 mill deal, ryan spooner to 3 mill, roughly 1 mill to accari, schaller, morrow... keeping hayes, belesky, mcquaid and kevan miller we have a 74 million dollar lineup for these 22 players

david pastrnak, patrice bergeron, brad marchand
ryan spooner, david krejci, frank vatrano
noel accari, david backes, sean kuraly
jimmy hayes, riley nash, matt belesky
tim schaller

brandon carlo, zdeno chara
charlie mcavoy, kevan miller
adam mcquaid, torey krug
joe morrow

tuuka rask
anton khubodin

we basically have 1 mill capspace to dress a 23rd player

so ANY OTHER UPGRADES NEED TO BE MONEY IN/MONEY OUT

for me... i walk away from spooner and his 3 mill... if jarome iginla will sign for a million, he will be my replacement until one of the kids take the job

i might bury hayes and promote a kid... but thats determined by whether or not hayes plays better... same with belesky... dont see either guy as tradable

takes me to the defense... is kevan miller the right guy to play with mcavoy?

if we save 2 mill from spooner to iginla and upgrade over kevan miller we can afford 4.5 mill for our new left hand shot dman

spooner/miller and picks/prospects our our currency for a potential trade

id knock on all 30 doors and find a trade...

might not be sexy going into next year with only 1 trade and only 1 ufa signing but thats how i see it looking at the reality of our situation

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Pierre LeBrun said that Nate Schmidt was the Washington pick, a RHD. Anyone have any thoughts on him? I don't remember seeing him when the Bruins played the Caps...

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Pierre LeBrun said that Nate Schmidt was the Washington pick, a RHD. Anyone have any thoughts on him? I don't remember seeing him when the Bruins played the Caps...

He filled in when Alzner got hurt in playoffs. Don't think help do much. Reminds me of bartkowski.....inconsistant but can skate

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I don't think the kid would make the roster right away.

I don't know enough about him. Thanks. Could he more be a 3rd line RW next to say JFK or Spooner?

Agreed...my point was more around moving Backes to center.

I think he's a winger now. He didn't look comfortable there down the stretch

I also agree with not moving Backes to center. I don't think that's the plan nor has it ever really been. I'm all good friends with a Blues fan, that told me when he first came that his days at C were over.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I'm all for prospects with good potential, but we need the real thing. We need a proven top-6 winger or we're no better than we were last season. As of right now we're still a one line team.

Perhaps Tuch would replace Hayes in the bottom 6. Would that help?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I'm keen on going into the season with our current defense corps. It's more than solid.

Chara/McAvoy
Krug/McQuaid
Kevan/Carlo

Sweeney has to make a splash upfront for a LW. And it needs to be bold and big.
Gabriel Landeskog
James Neal
Boone Jenner
Patrick Marleau
Chris Kreider
Evander Kane

All players should be there for the taking.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i like fantasy trade ideas... was looking at the calgary flames and they basically have 3 nhl dmen signed/in the system for next year...

if we do need to dump either mcquaid or miller, they are obviously a potential target

as for a return... i dont mind the idea of troy brouwer in our uniform if calgary eats half the cap hit taking it down from 4.5 to 2.25

basically same cap hit but we get a 3rd line rw with size/grit instead of a bottom pair dman likely to be 4th on our depth chart for 3 open spots.

make this trade then flip spooner and a pick to vancouver for edler or to new jersey for greene

id rather have brower/edler than spooner/mcquaid if we can afford it

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm keen on going into the season with our current defense corps. It's more than solid.

Chara/McAvoy
Krug/McQuaid
Kevan/Carlo

Sweeney has to make a splash upfront for a LW. And it needs to be bold and big.
Gabriel Landeskog
James Neal
Boone Jenner
Patrick Marleau
Chris Kreider
Evander Kane

All players should be there for the taking.

good list of players but expensive contracts. got to clear some signicant cap space to bring in A list talent

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Priority #1: find a top-6 scoring W.

I'm fine with the top-7 on D: Chara-Krug-Carlo-McAvoy-McQuaid-K.Miller-Morrow/ELC

Bruins have a one of the best 1st line in the NHL with Marchand-Bergy-Pasta.

They need to find a top W to play with Krejci. Either move Spooner to his other wing or trade him.

Move Backes to 3rd line C.

Let the more deserving ELC win the open spots.

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
ELC/Spooner-Krejci-Trade
Vatrano-Backes-ELC
Beleskey-Nash-Kuraly
13th

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
K.Miller-McQuaid
Morrow

Rask

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Are the Bruins moving on from Moore? Has Moore announced if he is playing or retiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad