Proposal: What Should the Bruins do this Summer? III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Bottom line is teams who missed playoffs last season will be better this year, and if we stand pat with the current roster, we won't be making the playoffs. Our D, 4th line, and Tuukka are solid but sorry to say, the top 9 we currently will be forced to roll out are simply not good enough.

Beside the fact that they have one of the best 1st line in the league (Marchand-Bergy-Pasta), one of the best 2nd line C (Krejci) and good supporting players in Backes and Spooner?

5/9 of the top 9 is elite to good. Can always be better and improved. But how is that not a good enough top-9?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
That was my thoughts on him too, I know he must have been nervous in his first pro game, but he looks like he could use a 2-3 years seasoning in the AHL.
Agree that his only NHL appearance gave him that deer-in-the-headlights look. But 2-3 years in the AHL would put him at or past his ELC limit. I certainly expect he'll develop faster than that.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Beside the fact that they have one of the best 1st line in the league (Marchand-Bergy-Pasta), one of the best 2nd line C (Krejci) and good supporting players in Backes and Spooner?

5/9 of the top 9 is elite to good. Can always be better and improved. But how is that not a good enough top-9?

If it's good enough then why don't they have any secondary scoring? Maybe you like most of the names (and I agree on a few), but they don't get the job done.

I agree on Bergy line...it's great. And theoretically Krejci is a very good 2nd line C, but he's inconsistent, often banged up and hasn't found decent wingers of late. If they got him a winger whom he made better and vice versa, then I think the top 9 is good.

And that ignores that a third line with guys like Spooner, Beleskey and/or Hayes just blows. They are going to need 1-2 rookies to step in here and make an impact.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Not sure what's the obsession with the guys from 1st rnd that never lived up to hype ..

Yakupov, Gagner and Strome (Gone Edm)

:laugh: good lord help

Grass is green comments with Spooners named attached... this place sometimes :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->