What Player(s) Will Retire playing for only one team?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Im sure its been posted 100x already but Toews/Kane/Keith, probably Seabs too. Shaw also seems like a guy who's very loyal and wants to play in Chicago forever.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I know it's early, but I imagine Lundqvist, McDonagh, and Stepan will spend their careers in New York.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I think Anze Kopitar will be a lifer. Guy relocated his entire family from Slovenia to LA and his brother plays for the Reign(though they're moving to Manchester I guess lol).

He does have a contract coming up, but I have no doubt DL will lock him up.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Can't see Crosby leaving. I'd put $1k on it.

Malkin...I'd put $100 on.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Marleau?

Doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would leave to chase a Cup in his twilight years but I could also see the Sharks moving on after his current deal is up.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
Ovechkin (if he wins the cup), Lundquist, Crosby, and I know it's early but Holtby (he really seems to love DC).

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
The first player (as a Finn) that came to mind was Mikko Koivu. He's the Kaptain in Minnesota, and even though he might already start to decline (offensively), he's still such a devoted guy and great at defense that he'll probably stay with the team even though he might move down in the center ranks.

Minnesota's Backstrom - like someone said earlier - is also quite a good candidate. He's getting old already and I don't see anyone taking a shot at him or him wanting to move anythere.

Church of Toews*

Well after all we did for them i hope Kane and Toews stay here for their careers unless both want to pull a Modano and play a last year for their home teams in Winnipeg and Buffalo

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Really annoying to see 23-year olds being listed in this thread. As Brodeur showed a lot can change. Playing for one team your whole career is rare these days so I'd bet most guys will finish up somewhere else.

I know Doan has technically played for two teams but same franchise so that should count.

Church of Toews*

Really annoying to see 23-year olds being listed in this thread. As Brodeur showed a lot can change. Playing for one team your whole career is rare these days so I'd bet most guys will finish up somewhere else.

I know Doan has technically played for two teams but same franchise so that should count.

Although Brodeur was a special case in that he could still play and be a starter he was hungry for 700 wins if he knew in the offseason that he'd be forced to be a 3rd string i think he would of just hung them up with the devils but he thought he could still play amazingly even when many people knew he can't at his age

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad