What Player(s) Will Retire playing for only one team?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
It would shock me most if ONE Sedin played their whole career for the Canucks but one didn't. It would shock me less if they both moved on to a different team.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I don't see anyone as a lock, if you had asked me many years ago I would have said sundin and alfredson would never have another jersey. The fact that Gretzky was moved should show that #1 talent alone does not keep someone with one team.

If I had to name some players I would say:
Zetterberg and Daytsuk will retire wings.

Patrice Bergeron strikes me also as a player that will retire a Bruin.

Mighty Chin

Dec 13, 2013
I don't see anyone as a lock, if you had asked me many years ago I would have said sundin and alfredson would never have another jersey. The fact that Gretzky was moved should show that #1 talent alone does not keep someone with one team.

If I had to name some players I would say:
Zetterberg and Daytsuk will retire wings.

Patrice Bergeron strikes me also as a player that will retire a Bruin.

Sundin played for Quebec first.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Elias
Doan
Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Bergeron
Sedins
Markov
Crosby
Malkin
Getzlaf
Perry

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
It all depends on what happens to the team. If the GM changes and there is need of an overhaul. I never thought the Canucks would trade Trevor Linden. Seeing him in a Canadians, Islanders, and Capitals jersey just looks so odd to me. But it happens. However that was before the popularity of NTC contracts.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
For the Rangers, almost definitely Lundqvist, hopefully Stepan and McDonagh, but I don't think that'll happen.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I used to think Lecavalier would be one until he turned to **** and was bought out, so I really don't dare to say Stamkos. I think that Hedman could be one though. Real top pairing #1 D-men are very hard to come by and I don't see Tampa drafting potential #1 D-men in the top 5 anytime soon. He also doesn't have any kind of "returning to home" stuff going on like someone else might have so I can't see why he would ever leave Tampa.

alexny

Jun 15, 2014
The Sedins, Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

The one player under 30 I'd put money on retiring with his current team is Patrice Bergeron.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
After what we've seen recently with the likes of Sundin, Modano, Alfredsson and most recently Brodeur, I would be hesitant to call anyone a lock to retire with the team they are playing for. I mean, Martin Brodeur retired a player of the St. Louis Blues. Unbelievable.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I can only pray I get the privilege of watching Mr. Bergeron in a spoked B for every NHL game he plays. Having said that it is nearly impossible to predict what happens when a player enters his twilight years. Bruins could go full rebuild mode when Bergy hits 36 and still has a couple good years left for a playoff team and out he goes. Just the reality of running a business.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
After what we've seen recently with the likes of Sundin, Modano, Alfredsson and most recently Brodeur, I would be hesitant to call anyone a lock to retire with the team they are playing for. I mean, Martin Brodeur retired a player of the St. Louis Blues. Unbelievable.

I fell into the same trap Sundin started out in Quebec LOL

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Elias
Doan
Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Bergeron
Sedins
Markov
Crosby
Malkin
Getzlaf
Perry

Pretty solid list. That said I could see Malkin/Getzlaf/Perry maybe ending up somewhere near the end of their careers. By no means saying it's happening soon or anything, I dunno, can just see it lol.

I'm still shocked about the Marty move, none of the above players moving would really shock me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad