What Player(s) Will Retire playing for only one team?

Mighty Chin

Dec 13, 2013
Now that Marty Retired with his little stint in STL and he missed out retiring by only playing for one team.

What current players do you think will retire playing only for the team that drafted them?

I think there might end up being quite a few.

The Sedins
Dats and Zetts
Doan - maybe
Lundqvist
Cam Ward?
Marleau
Bergeron

FlaPantherSwe*

Hopefully Ekblad :) but the Sedins are a lock for Canucks

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I can't picture Duchene playing anywhere but colorado

He is still very young, anything can happen. A few years ago i would've told you I couldn't see Lucic anywhere else than in Boston but things have changed.

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
There are others, but off the top of my head:

Crosby
Toews
Kane
Ovechkin
Price

FlaPantherSwe*

Weber seams to be a lock for the Preds aswell and Elias for the Devis

mattcookefan

Nov 6, 2013
Matt Cooke's house
He is still very young, anything can happen. A few years ago i would've told you I couldn't see Lucic anywhere else than in Boston but things have changed.

Was Lucic a hard core Bruins fan as a kid (not trying to be sarcastic I'm honestly not sure) ? Duchene was an Avalanche fan since before he was drafted. Not to mention that he is playing for his idols sakic and Roy, and is arguably the biggest piece of Colorado's core. Also i dont think Duchene will ever be as expendable as Lucic was earlier this season.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's such a tough call because it's so difficult to predict what will happen in the last year or two of a player's career. With his play dropping off, the team will not want to pay him what his reputation demands, and the player will probably want the best chance to win a/another Cup before he's done. Two factors that really work against a player staying in one spot for their entire career.

roboninja

EYG
Aug 3, 2006
Yeah, anyone mentioning a player that is not even 30 yet is being very optimistic. If the guy is not already 3-6 years from finishing his career, we have no idea what the future holds.

So I like picks like the Sedins, Markov, & Datsyuk. Duchene/Ovi/Giroux? Not so much.

mattcookefan

Nov 6, 2013
Matt Cooke's house
Yeah, anyone mentioning a player that is not even 30 yet is being very optimistic. If the guy is not already 3-6 years from finishing his career, we have no idea what the future holds.

So I like picks like the Sedins, Markov, & Datsyuk. Duchene/Ovi/Giroux? Not so much.

I think your taking this too seriously. What's wrong with making a bold prediction for fun?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Now that Marty Retired with his little stint in STL and he missed out retiring by only playing for one team.

What current players do you think will retire playing only for the team that drafted them?

The Sedins
Dats and Zetts
Doan - maybe
Lundqvist
Cam Ward?
Marleau
Bergeron

Looks like Elias will be a lifelong Devil.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

The Sedins
Dats and Zetts
Doan - maybe
Lundqvist
Cam Ward?
Marleau
Bergeron

Cam Wards tenure with the Canes ends this summer IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad