What Player(s) Will Retire playing for only one team?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Duchene is an off-the-wall pick. Not only is he way too young to consider right now, but he's already had a couple down years, and has Mackinnon breathing down his neck. That's a lot of money to lock into your top 2 centers if they achieve their potential.

mattcookefan

Nov 6, 2013
Matt Cooke's house
Duchene is an off-the-wall pick. Not only is he way too young to consider right now, but he's already had a couple down years, and has Mackinnon breathing down his neck. That's a lot of money to lock into your top 2 centers if they achieve their potential.

Duchene has already taken a pay cut for Colorado. Pittsburgh seemed just fine paying Crosby and malkin so I don't see the issue

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

There are others, but off the top of my head:

Crosby
Toews
Kane
Ovechkin
Price

No idea or thoughts on the others but I could see Crosby leaving and playing somewhere else in a few years if Pittsburgh aren't able to win again in the near future

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
No idea or thoughts on the others but I could see Crosby leaving and playing somewhere else in a few years if Pittsburgh aren't able to win again in the near future

Come to Montréal, Sidney, c'mon!

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Kopitar and Doughty have already achieved all that they could dream of with LA, don't see why they'd leave besides money which Dean will throw at them anyways.

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

Come to Montréal, Sidney, c'mon!

Montreal could be a place he would like to play but given he has that 12 year contract doubtful it would happen. Most likely some team in the Western Conference I would think just so Pittsburgh could avoid him coming back to haunt them in the play offs

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

But I agree Crosby playing for montreal would be awesome

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Suter + Parise. I could see Koivu accepting a trade to a contender if the Wild are not near the playoffs in the next season or 2.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
You have to look at players in their mid-late 30's who have already played their whole career with one team and are on a team that is on the upswing.

Markov is a good one.

If a player is on the downswing, maybe the team or the player will want to part ways so...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think anyone under 30 is a lock to stay with one team at point in history. You never know when a team will have cap issues or when a player will just fall out of favor or have a steep decline. No one foresaw the MSL situation in TBL. How about Marty Brodeur?

The closest things to locks, IMO, are Doan, Elias, the Sedins, and Datsyuk/Zetterberg. In Datsyuk and Zetterberg's case, the team they play for has to be taken into consideration. Detroit has pretty immense loyalty to its franchise players, and two of them recently played an entire career there. NJ will probably keep Elias for as long as Elias wants as well.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chris Neil and Chris Phillips both are pretty much in charge of their fates. Ottawa will let them ride out their contracts, or if asked to, trade them for one last shot at the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad