What Player(s) Will Retire playing for only one team?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'd be surprised if Bergeron went anywhere else. He strikes me as the type that would just retire if the team tried to move him before his contract was up. Anything can happen, but I'd be very surprised if he's not a Bruins lifer.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I'M 90% sure for Dats and Z. 75% for Franzen and Kronner. Of our young guys I think Nyquist has the best shot.

May 23, 2012
Now that Marty Retired with his little stint in STL and he missed out retiring by only playing for one team.

What current players do you think will retire playing only for the team that drafted them?

I think there might end up being quite a few.

The Sedins
Dats and Zetts
Doan - maybe
Lundqvist
Cam Ward?
Marleau
Bergeron

Its amazing to me that he threw away the rare feat of playing for one team. I would have never thrown that away had i gotten to that point in my career.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The people saying that Duchene is a off the wall pick, clearly have no idea just how big of a Colorado/Sakic/Roy fan he was growing up.

Idolizing them would be an understatement. And the excitement/smile he had on his face when he was drafted by the Avs at #3 in 2009 says it all.

The only way he's not an Av for life, is if the Avs decide they dont want him. If it were up to Duchene, he'd for certain be an Av for the rest of his career. I highly doubt the Avs will ever move him too. He's already shown to be very willing to take pay cuts to stay here.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The people saying that Duchene is a off the wall pick, clearly have no idea just how big of a Colorado/Sakic/Roy fan he was growing up.

Idolizing them would be an understatement. And the excitement/smile he had on his face when he was drafted by the Avs at #3 in 2009 says it all.

The only way he's not an Av for life, is if the Avs decide they dont want him. If it were up to Duchene, he'd for certain be an Av for the rest of his career. I highly doubt the Avs will ever move him too. He's already shown to be very willing to take pay cuts to stay here.
Absolutely, last sentence especially.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Weber and Rinne both seem like locks for retiring as Predators and only Predators.

For the rangers. Hank McD Staal Girardi are locks IMO. And hopefully Stepan Klein and Kreider.

Klein was drafted by and played for the Predators before he played for the Rangers, so he is out.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I'm really hoping that Marleau will retire a Shark, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Curious has it ever happened that someone had the C taken from them and still retired after a whole career with that one team?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ryan Getzlaf i think will but its pretty hard to make that assumption.

Hes signed till he's like what, 35? Not a crazy idea, plus he reminds of the Sakic/Yzerman types who you just can't see in any other uniform/on any other team. Im like 95% sure Getz will resign again when his current deals up, Perry I could see pulling a Lafleur/Iggy and going elsewhere for his later years.

Yes I know Sakic technically wore two uniforms but not the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad