What Leaf jersey do you own?

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
dhgate.com. Much like aliexpress that sells chinese knock-offs, from different sellers. I ordered from the seller below as I bought from him/her when I bought some Olympic jerseys and loved them. Be sure to tell seller whether you want picture #1 or #3 as well as size, and it will come as promised.

Not bad, hopefully those wrinkles can come out for you. I'm not sure if it's because the materials are inferior or it's people don't wash/iron them before wearing, but I find one tell-tale sign of the fake jerseys is the wrinkles. Is a new Matthews jersey really $250? That seems a little high to me so you maybe didn't save as much as you said.

ive never owned a jersey, but my mother once bought a jersey and made the coolest chair ever with it!!!
so my only jersey ever is a chair haha...

Nice chair! Is that the actual one she made?

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
Not bad, hopefully those wrinkles can come out for you. I'm not sure if it's because the materials are inferior or it's people don't wash/iron them before wearing, but I find one tell-tale sign of the fake jerseys is the wrinkles. Is a new Matthews jersey really $250? That seems a little high to me so you maybe didn't save as much as you said.

Nice chair! Is that the actual one she made?

I had just taken it out of the envelope so yes the wrinkles are there. If my past jerseys are any indication the wrinkles do come out. I was premature in taking pictures as you can tell, I should have dolled it up but I was excited.

CDP

Nov 30, 2014
All I have is a blank 3rd jersey (the '67-style one). Hoping to pick up one of the new ones for Matthews or Marner once their numbers are finalized.

Also, not to be 'that guy' but it's pretty easy to tell that Chinese jersey is a fake. Wear whatever you like but I've never been a fan of the knockoff look personally.

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
All I have is a blank 3rd jersey (the '67-style one). Hoping to pick up one of the new ones for Matthews or Marner once their numbers are finalized.

Also, not to be 'that guy' but it's pretty easy to tell that Chinese jersey is a fake. Wear whatever you like but I've never been a fan of the knockoff look personally.
*Like*

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton

Agreed. they look awful too. For the price of a knock off you can get the players t-shirt/jersey or "shirsey" for the same amount. At least it looks decent.

JTX

Biscuit inthe Basket
Jan 20, 2010
Cape Coral, FL
I have a blank blue CCM jersey I got for Christmas in the 90s when I was in high school. Still looks good and fits so I still wear it on occasion.

I also have a Doug Gilmour early 90s throwback and a Lupul 3rd jersey with the '67 style leaf. I bought it during the lockout-shortened season when it seemed like Lupul was scoring a goal every night.

LighthouseKeepr

Jun 11, 2015
Outside Moncton, NB
I don't own any jersey's, I refuse to pay the retail price! .... but if if I were to ever receive one as a gift or win one I would choose either Lanny MacDonald, who I looked up to as a young boy or my favorite all time Leaf player Wendel Clark.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
The only piece of Leaf swag I have is a little bedside clock made from two TML hockey pucks.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I want to buy a jersey but I don't want to get Marcus Stroman'd after their rookie year.

Obviously next jersey will be one of the big 3 but not sure which.

Harte of a Lion

Jun 7, 2016
Family sweaters,
Me, Sittler home 'C' Salming away, Gilmore away 'C', Belfour alternate, Sundin Home 'C', Kulemin home, Phaneuf home with an 'A' (before he was captain) JVR alternate home, my daughter has a Joseph away, Rielly home, Phaneuf 3rd with the 'C'...

Speaking of Phaneuf, not that we were speaking of him, my daughter made a joke about how we all know he broke Lupul with his shot, did anyone ever figure out who broke JVR's ankle? Was he blocking a shot in his own end or could it have been a shot from one of our own players ... Cough Phaneuf Cough... JVR always plants himself around/in front of the goalie so it isn't a stretch to think it's possible.
If I could find the video of the San Jose 7-0 win I'd watch to see if Dion and his cannon broke another of his teammates.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Auston Matthews #34 Jersey
Phil Kessel #81 (autographed) Jersey - If anyone wants to buy this let me know :P

I also have a autographed Yzerman jersey with a COA

I also have an Ovechkin jersey (old eagle jersey) signed in his rookie year, I was stupid though and had him sign the front...still won't forget his terrible English (but niceness) "I sign jersey". He had just came back from the Olympics and probably met with like 300 fans that night at the frozen pond.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
So not a jersey but has anyone else picked up one of those NA t-shirts? Got one with Matthews on it and the orange/red is so bright, it's great.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I've got a few but I finally tried on the new Leafs home jersey at a Pro Hockey Life in Edmonton. I gotta say its a sweet looking jersey in person. I'd prefer the road whites but either way it looks really nice. I can get used to no logos or anything on the shoulders.

spidergoalie

Aug 9, 2009
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Most of mine are goalie cut jerseys.

90's era white
90's era blue
ccm 3rd (Getting Giguere 35 put on it in the next day or so)
40's era blue (third from the 91-92 season.)
1927 blue (3rd sometime in the mid-late 90's??? . . . my latest and current favorite!)
Since I posted this, I added 1970 era home and away with #1 in honour of Jacques Plante. (no name plates in his era)

I also failed to mention in the past I had a Potvin, and a signed framed Joseph. The Potvin wore out, and the CuJo was sold once I came to my senses that collecting anything for the sake of cellecting is a waste of time and money, and just adds unnecessary clutter.

BuSaPuNk

Jan 21, 2010
dhgate.com. Much like aliexpress that sells chinese knock-offs, from different sellers. I ordered from the seller below as I bought from him/her when I bought some Olympic jerseys and loved them. Be sure to tell seller whether you want picture #1 or #3 as well as size, and it will come as promised.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/top-quality-2016-new-men-toronto-maple-leafs/387443132.html

How does it compare to the real deal? Seen a few different looking ones that arnt even close at the Edmonton game.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
How does it compare to the real deal? Seen a few different looking ones that arnt even close at the Edmonton game.

I got one and it looks good, but obv a fake.

Everything looks good except the white stripe at the bottom is too thick, which in turn makes it too close to the crest.

A jersey collector or jersey snob would be able to tell the difference, anyone else would probably just think "nice Matthews jersey"

With conversion and shipping it came to around $55 cdn, so I'll happily wear it and let the jersey snobs pay 3-4 times more for one they bought at the NHL store or Leafs shop

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I just ordered my 4th custom jersey today.

I literally stared at the checkout screen for about 30 minutes, cursor hovered over the "place your order" button. I could not decide if I'm making the right choice since I had four players to choose from.

Boy, is it ever a a tough decision but certainly is a good problem to have :laugh:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Can someone post pics of their Chinese jerseys on here? Thanks.

Not mine but I'm guessing pretty close to this:

201671215324415687.jpg

vs.

i2m7Ixq.png

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Not mine but I'm guessing pretty close to this:

201671215324415687.jpg

vs.

i2m7Ixq.png

I hope not... That Leaf symbol looks awful! Looks like the regular Leaf symbol ate too many doughnuts in the offseason...

Personally, I really want a Rielly jersey. Would love a Marner jersey. Hoping at some point to get Matthews and Nylander jerseys.

Currently only own a Kessel-knock off jersey. There are some really nice jerseys and collections in this thread!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad