What is going on with Rasmus Dahlin?

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Im gonna blame it on the fact that he plays for the most poorly managed and coached team in the NHL. Really, that's it. Why else?

This current Sabres team is the worst 5v5 team ever. They're lost. All of their stars are having down years. Coincidence? Overrated? No, just the product of a horribly ran team.

Lets not forget too. HE IS 20 YEARS OLD.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Buffalo is going to be bad for a long time. That franchise needs a culture change

the Leafs went through this. They sucked for so long and Shanahan came in and changed the culture with this hires.

Reactions: klozge

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Im gonna blame it on the fact that he plays for the most poorly managed and coached team in the NHL. Really, that's it. Why else?

This current Sabres team is the worst 5v5 team ever. They're lost. All of their stars are having down years. Coincidence? Overrated? No, just the product of a horribly ran team.

How do you expect Dahlin to get points , when Hall, Eichel, and Skinner have a total of 4 goals?

Reactions: Smart Alek

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Dahlin wasn't this bad in year 1. Here's his rookie chart.

What's the chance of this just being a case of him getting much tougher minutes? That first year he was more sheltered than people staying in a fancy hotel during a storm.

Reactions: Smart Alek

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Same thing as Ekblad I think at year three: played great but was sheltered first couple of seasons. Dahlia will be fine long run

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
What's the chance of this just being a case of him getting much tougher minutes? That first year he was more sheltered than people staying in a fancy hotel during a storm.
His usage hasn't changed that much.

I think his stats this season are the result of the collapse of the entire team around him. The team is in free fall and there is no bottom in sight.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015

His usage hasn't changed that much.

I think his stats this season are the result of the collapse of the entire team around him. The team is in free fall and there is no bottom in sight.

am I right remembering his offense skill was his main asset? Dmen need their teams primary scorers to score. Also, Krueger using Skinner the way he does, I don’t watch the team but could I assume he has Dahlin trying to play conservative more than he should?

also in the “defense is best offense” “offense is best defense” sense having the whole team around you suck isn’t going to help if he’s playing defense all game when that’s not his main deal + his teams goaltending etc isn’t stellar

If his whole team was consistently playing well collectively pressuring defensively would shelter him + if they could consistently breakout and sustain offensive zone time, he as a young *20 year old defensman (who typically develop way slower than forwards) would be in a much much better position to perform well.

ie his team seems to reallly want his coach fired and or to be traded

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Buffalo is going to be bad for a long time. That franchise needs a culture change

the Leafs went through this. They sucked for so long and Shanahan came in and changed the culture with this hires.
From ownership down, proof that money doesn't buy a thing in the NHL

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Sometimes it's hard to predict the trajectory of a player. Definitely not #1 pick material in hindsight, but he will be a decent top 4 defense man for a long time for the Sabres.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

He’s already washed up. He should retire :eek:

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Sometimes it's hard to predict the trajectory of a player. Definitely not #1 pick material in hindsight, but he will be a decent top 4 defense man for a long time for the Sabres.
He definitely was worth a #1 overall pick but he was rushed to the NHL and is on a team thats poorly run and can't develop their prospects properly.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Had the unfortunate circumstances of having his career slowly ruined by Buffalo

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
If his whole team was consistently playing well collectively pressuring defensively would shelter him + if they could consistently breakout and sustain offensive zone time, he as a young *20 year old defensman (who typically develop way slower than forwards) would be in a much much better position to perform well.

So the answer to this generational defensive talent is to shelter him in his third season and have the rest of the team pull the weight so he can tag along and get the assists?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad