What do you think the Habs will do to 'win back' some fans? (UPD: post #31)

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
Still no info on what they are going to do for Habs fans outside of Montreal. Quite frankly I don't expect anything to happen, which is a huge kick in the arse to all the habs fans elsewhere. Coming from a french community in Northern Ontario and born into Habsnation, to not honour these fans just because they aren't lucky enough to live in Montreal just blows.

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Still no info on what they are going to do for Habs fans outside of Montreal. Quite frankly I don't expect anything to happen, which is a huge kick in the arse to all the habs fans elsewhere. Coming from a french community in Northern Ontario and born into Habsnation, to not honour these fans just because they aren't lucky enough to live in Montreal just blows.

What do you want? A discount on NHL owned merchandise? A discount on NHL owned GameCentre Live? A private jet to come pick you up for a game in Montreal?

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
No matter what they did people were going to complain anyways

You're absolutely right. Who are we to complain just because it's impossible for us to take advantage of any of these offers?

Simply extending the merch 50% off sale to the online store would've been a nice gesture. I don't think that is an unreasonable request.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
What do you want? A discount on NHL owned merchandise? A discount on NHL owned GameCentre Live? A private jet to come pick you up for a game in Montreal?

I'd love to have 50% off Jerseys just like folks going to the BC, hell discount on any apparel would be great. Private jet? now you're just being a jerk. Believe it or not MTL has fans outside of their viewing region, and we should matter too

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Habs zone in brossard has everything in the store at 25% off with certain items at 30% 40% and even some at 50% off

Didn't buy anything but looked around today while at the practice.
Nothing really caught my eye.

As for the fans outside of the greater Montreal area, I agree with them. They should be takin care of as well.
We are lucky enough to live in the town of our favorite team but that doesn't make them any less of a fan than us.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I'd love to have 50% off Jerseys just like folks going to the BC, hell discount on any apparel would be great. Private jet? now you're just being a jerk. Believe it or not MTL has fans outside of their viewing region, and we should matter too

there are just as much of more fans outside montreal then there is in

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

Call the Bell Centre store and see if they could ship you the jersey.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Do you guys think it'll be crazy tomorrow? Wonder what time people will start showing up...

void

Jan 5, 2006
I walk by the Bell Centre on my way to work (I start at noon). I fully expect to see a bunch of people there.

Oh man... I wasn't thinking that early but you're probably right. Guess I won't be going then. :laugh:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
A guy I know on Facebook said he'd be looking for someone to go at noon to accompany him. I'll post in this thread tomorrow when I get to work if I remember.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Give free tickets to fans with some form of contest.
i.e.: you register on canadiens.com and they pick say 2000 people and give them free tix in the Zone Molson Ex.

That seems like a crappy gift to "all the fans". Plus, it ain't that hard to get Zone Molson Ex tickets if you want em. Also, you need to be a certain brand of hockey fan to enjoy it up there.

If you change it to the whites or reds (although no way you could do 2000), then yeah, I think that's probably fair so in principle your idea is good.

Somewhat unrelated, but I appreciated the Habs landing page on NHL.com, which is a composite flame made up of tiny facebook pics of fans who register. A very nice, creative touch.

I remember adding mine wayyy long back before it resembled anything. Nice to see it taking shape. What happens if you change your profile pic? (It's color matched.) I guess they just store whatever picture you had then otherwise might be too cumbersome to maintain.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Hi guys I'm reporting live from the Bell centre. Only about 10 of us right now, mostly fans and a few homeless.

Bell security have been really cool about this they even brought us out some blankets (with a habs logo on it!) and we're allowed to stay close by the building which keeps us warmer.

Will keep you guys posted as to the line situation but so far, so good!

Sent from my iphone 2

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

I am sure that I live farther away from Montreal than most of the Habs fans.

All I need from Molson this season is seeing the Habs take the ice and play again this season.

He does not owe me anything for my loyalty and support of my favorite professional sports team. (Other than Bergevin revamping our D as soon as possible)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad