What do you think the Habs will do to 'win back' some fans? (UPD: post #31)

Batarnac

Oct 5, 2006
Montreal
Hockey fans can be such whiny *****es. So what your season was delayed by 3 months?? Like that entitles you to some special grudge?? Happens all the time with other entertainment like TV series and movies when there's production issues, contract issues, actor health problems, audience size considerations, etc.

If you really love hockey you woulda just been playing more shinny or watching local lower level hockey during the time you would normally be watching NHL games, not the end of the world.

Expecting the NHL to be begging you to come back is so self indulgent and narcissistic. It's just an entertainment production not some kind of sprititual right.

I watched 2 or 3 games a week thanks to tva sports/vox tv LHJMQ and Bulldogs broadcast and the classic games on rds. 1 or 2 a day during the holidays with the WJC and Spengler cup. Managed to go see half a dozen games in the LHJMQ. Played 3 to 5 games a week in beer leagues and followed the progression of our prospects through this site. No idea why you bring the tv or movies argument, I don't give a **** about either of those.

Still, it does not replace watching our Habs, watching teams play in the best league in the world. For months it seemed like they were not trying that hard to get a deal done and all that because they wouldn't agree on how rich they should be? No one is asking the league to beg us to come back, we would just like to believe, in this case, that the Montreal Canadiens do care about their fans. Of course the best way to do so is by icing the best team possible but that is just the minimum that should be expected from any team in any year, lockout or not. No matter what, the bell center is going to be full but they have the chance to give us a little more to thank us for our unconditional love toward this team. I call that respect, you call it what you want but please save your generalizing and condescending judgement for yourself.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Fly me out to see a few games and meet some you gays/gals. :yo: Been a Habs fab since 87. Back in the day we, my hockey buddies at the age of 17, would drive out to Buffalo to see the Habs play for 8 US dollars LOL (we had to look around a steel girder). Great times. We did it often and saw some of the best players of all time regardless of team. One day I will make the pilgramage to the hockey mecca.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Hot dogs, soft drinks and chips at 10 AM? Gross.

And they will need heavy police presence for Thursday's instrasquad game with it being first come first served. That's going to be a zoo.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC

And they will need heavy police presence for Thursday's instrasquad game with it being first come first served. That's going to be a zoo.

I tought the same thing. I don't think I will attend the practice. And imagine the scene when everybody will want the soda & hot-dog..

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

And don't forget those 10 am hot dogs will probably have been ready since 8am. Reminds me of the Desjardins section, they are usually brutal

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
I really didn't want to buy anything for this year but I think i'm going to have to take a walk on Thursday

I wish I could get down there and grab a Galchenyuk jersey. I vowed not to spend any money on these guys this year but who am I kidding, I'm a sheep, or goat more precisely....

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
Wow. It's gonna get dangerous in there. lol

Will be hilarious to see people camping in front of the Bell Center for days waiting for this.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Pretty disappointing if you ask me.

Biggest fan base in the league and that's it??

Penguins win when it comes to teams giving back, and it's not even close

PunkinDrublic*

You will never please our fan base no matter what they did.:laugh:

PunkinDrublic*

Go read what the penguins did, then come back and tell me your pleased with what the Habs are doing.

Not even in the same league

Hats off to the penguins!

and im sure they could use some more fans. i am just fine with it. who cares just play hockey. want some chips and soda i can have some delivered to your place.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
50% off authentic Jersey vs Imitation

So as some of you might know, there's a deal at the habs boutique for half off merchandise.

Incredibly, I don't have an adult sized jersey.. since I am a sucker and have forgotten all the pain that this lockout - I want one.

So do I go for authentic at 50% off or are the imitations still cheaper and just as good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad