What do you think the Habs will do to 'win back' some fans? (UPD: post #31)

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Hi guys I'm reporting live from the Bell centre. Only about 10 of us right now, mostly fans and a few homeless.

Bell security have been really cool about this they even brought us out some blankets (with a habs logo on it!) and we're allowed to stay close by the building which keeps us warmer.

Will keep you guys posted as to the line situation but so far, so good!

Sent from my iphone 2

I was hoping to get there by 4:15pm tomorrow... :laugh:

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
Hi guys I'm reporting live from the Bell centre. Only about 10 of us right now, mostly fans and a few homeless.

Bell security have been really cool about this they even brought us out some blankets (with a habs logo on it!) and we're allowed to stay close by the building which keeps us warmer.

Sent from my iphone 2

now that's some dedication right there

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I was hoping to get there by 4:15pm tomorrow... :laugh:
Same here.... I knew a few nutcases would show up at a ridiculous time of the day, but if they're ALREADY there... then I guess I'll skip this time.

EDIT especially that they don't let you in the Bell Centre with basically anything, so you can't bring anything to sit on. I'd go around noon and bring my ipad, but then they force you to leave your backpack at the coat check... don't really want to risk it.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What they should do? Be more intelligent and present that game on TV. We still, as fans, have way less than most teams do. Leafs have a camera planted in their practice facility so you can see them on the web. We don't. We have to watch practices behind a glass 'cause we might be too noisy while other teams don't have that. And now, they know it will be full, yet they don't show this game on TV.

Bleu Blanc Rouge

Jan 30, 2010
Montreal

Sent from my iphone 2

Hopefully you're not doing this for the free hot dogs...

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Hopefully you're not doing this for the free hot dogs...

its only 1 free hot dog :laugh:. I really wanted to watch the scrimmage, but if there's a line up building already, I don't think I'd be getting in.

They really should televise this on RDS/RDS2. I think they're showing Hockey360 during the scrimmage instead. :shakehead

Well, keep us updated if you can coolasprICE. :handclap:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
25% off the site at NHL.com.

Stuff is overpriced to begin with, so I'm not sure there are any deals to be had anyways.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Can't believe all Molson is doing is a free hot dog and scrimmage and discounted overpriced merchandise.

Here in Denver, I just bought four tickets in the lower level for $35 each for opening night against the Kings. Those are the best seats at the Pepsi Center. Upper level was available for $15!

Can you imagine having a chance to watch Gally's first NHL game for that price? :amazed:

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Can't believe all Molson is doing is a free hot dog and scrimmage and discounted overpriced merchandise.

Here in Denver, I just bought four tickets in the lower level for $35 each for opening night against the Kings. Those are the best seats at the Pepsi Center. Upper level was available for $15!

Can you imagine having a chance to watch Gally's first NHL game for that price? :amazed:

I can't imagine watching a game for $35. :laugh:

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
just got back from the Habs Zone store

pretty nutty.

Authentic are half off at 150$. Decent price if you ever wanted the real ones.

some people are overloading. Seen guys with 10+ jerseys. Can someone say Ebay?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
prob just at the boutique at bell center.

i also love how the deal is only on those 2 days. it would be better it it was for at least a week.

imo super lame.

it is basically just a smoke and mirrors deal to get fans in the arena for a practice and the reserve of excess food they will give away. (from all the canceled games)

basically when the puck drops it will be full price tickets and premium pricing and full price concession and merchandise as usual.

i do not consider this an apology

940-molson-geoff-8col.jpg

''but i gave you free practice and free food"

3020335.bin

''NO EXCUSES''

hilarious!!:laugh:

Seriously, it's actually pretty BS how little they are doing! My opinion of Molson is that he really cared about getting the lockout resolved, understood how the fans felt and gives back big in general.

How does this benefit long-time Habs fans who've had to move away for school or work??
I recently got a new Price jersey (arrived in 1 day from the NHL shop...not bad), but not 50% off and I bought it while they were having that sale. Parents were out of town so couldn't do it for me and my friends...well, busy/lazy/would have to ship it anyway.

Going to the inter-team game, the morning skates, this doesn't help me at all. I, like MANNNNNY other die-hard Habs fans hailing from Montreal, or even not! (I've met so many people in the Toronto area who are from here, but Habs fans.) Don't we deserve something. It really would have been enough to extend the 50% sale to the online store. I guess it's cuz it interferes with the NHL's revenue (so tired of talking about that), but the Habs could have set up a situation to defray the cost. Pretty bs, as I said.

(I will not care at all once PK is signed and/or if they win big on Saturday.)

Looking forward to the opening ceremony, but again, PK - you should be there.:shakehead

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
The NHL store online, seems to be selling Jerseys with Galchenyuk with #27... If he happens to change his number will they change the numbers for free?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->