What do you think the Habs will do to 'win back' some fans? (UPD: post #31)

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
I personally don't expect much as the Bell Center will be sold out regardless. But the Penguins, the Sabres and the Lightning went pretty much all out with their plans, so what do you guys think?

Myron Gaines*

50% off on beer, but you will have to pay to go to the bathroom.

Habtchum*

I personally don't expect much as the Bell Center will be sold out regardless. But the Penguins, the Sabres and the Lightning went pretty much all out with their plans, so what do you guys think?

Don't worry. It will be sold out.

TheDamned

"Only in Montréal"
Aug 5, 2005
Montréal
Give free tickets to fans with some form of contest.
i.e.: you register on canadiens.com and they pick say 2000 people and give them free tix in the Zone Molson Ex.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Somewhat unrelated, but I appreciated the Habs landing page on NHL.com, which is a composite flame made up of tiny facebook pics of fans who register. A very nice, creative touch.

HarlemsFinest

teh gallys!!1
Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
www.montrealracing.com
us real fans are pathetic and will flock back to our addiction, but on the bright side, i'm sure this weeded out a few bandwagonners, and trimmed off some of the fat of our fanbase. some of those may hop back on, but hopefully some have left for good.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
I'd take a promise that Molson will vote against a lockout in 2020. He can even make it conditional on the Habs being profitable over the course of this CBA.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Hockey fans can be such whiny *****es. So what your season was delayed by 3 months?? Like that entitles you to some special grudge?? Happens all the time with other entertainment like TV series and movies when there's production issues, contract issues, actor health problems, audience size considerations, etc.

If you really love hockey you woulda just been playing more shinny or watching local lower level hockey during the time you would normally be watching NHL games, not the end of the world.

Expecting the NHL to be begging you to come back is so self indulgent and narcissistic. It's just an entertainment production not some kind of sprititual right.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hockey fans can be such whiny *****es. So what your season was delayed by 3 months?? Like that entitles you to some special grudge?? Happens all the time with other entertainment like TV series and movies when there's production issues, contract issues, actor health problems, audience size considerations, etc.

If you really love hockey you woulda just been playing more shinny or watching local lower level hockey during the time you would normally be watching NHL games, not the end of the world.

Expecting the NHL to be begging you to come back is so self indulgent and narcissistic. It's just an entertainment production not some kind of sprititual right.

Capitalism. How does it work?

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006

Except Molson already said he is going to do something for the fans, soooooo we speculate.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
It will be something big, no NHL team, especially one as big and storied as Montreal will allow others to out due them.

No we won't have 200$ season tickets like Tampa but I expect a lot will be done for us fans, and I plan on taking advantage of whatever the deal may be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad