What do you think the Habs will do to 'win back' some fans? (UPD: post #31)

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Don't want to sound greedy but I wouldn't do more if I was Molson. He didn't want any lockout in first place, He will not lose on marchandise just to satisfy fans (I know he will still make xx millions at the end of the year but it's business)

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
That was a smart move by Molson. This free admission for practice will generate so much hype with people lining up. Brilliant marketing. It's gonna be in the news everywhere and tomorrow morning everyone in Quebec will be aware that NHL hockey is back for real, that they love the Habs more than ever and it's business as usual. And this costs them very little. Big discount on merchandise will never have that effect.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Don't want to sound greedy but I wouldn't do more if I was Molson. He didn't want any lockout in first place, He will not lose on marchandise just to satisfy fans (I know he will still make xx millions at the end of the year but it's business)

He still is going to have to share all those revenues with the rest of the league so he could have done more

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
That was a smart move by Molson. This free admission for practice will generate so much hype. Brilliant marketing. It's gonna be in the news everywhere and tomorrow morning everyone in Quebec will be aware that NHL hockey is back for real, that they love the Habs more than ever and it's business as usual. And this costs them very little.

Every team has pretty much done the same thing around the league opening their doors free to the public

void

Jan 5, 2006
Players greeted the fans in the lobby. Nice gesture. I should've gone. :(

BA2CEihCQAA6qEz.jpg

9junf.jpg

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

BA2CEihCQAA6qEz.jpg

9junf.jpg

You know with Markov's luck, someone will trip and...:sarcasm:

I am also wary about the people having colds issue. Does NOT take much to transmit. Handshakes - best possible way apart from coughing in someone's face. I hope the players got it drilled into their heads not to touch their faces before going through full decontamination following ^

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal

I was there at 3ish... What I should have done, was go back to my car (had free parking) and keep warm until 530 and walk in.

But honestly, for 40$ I can can sit in the blues and see a real game (which I am tuesday).

JMMR

Mar 21, 2006
Ottawa
What they should do? Be more intelligent and present that game on TV. We still, as fans, have way less than most teams do. Leafs have a camera planted in their practice facility so you can see them on the web. We don't. We have to watch practices behind a glass 'cause we might be too noisy while other teams don't have that. And now, they know it will be full, yet they don't show this game on TV.

That said the Habs I believe are the only team who's games are all on 1 channel.
And in HD to boot.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Apparently the Leafs first home game is free (like our inter team game last night). I dunno, seems like the leafs outdid us here. Whether RDS choses to broadcast the Habs or not has nothing to do with the lockout, if anything it's great for the Habs organization. They should have at least broadcast the inter squad game even if they had to pay RDS to do it...which they wouldn't have to, obviously.

DCL72

Aug 2, 2005
New freebies. Received an email this morning from my sales rep.

throughout the course of the season, we will hold an exclusive draw for our loge owners and season ticket holders:
• At every home game during the regular season, we will award an authentic jersey autographed by Jean Beliveau (winner does not need to be present at the game)
• Over the course of the regular season, five (5) trips for two to an away game on the team charter will be awarded

chuck1984

Jan 13, 2012
New freebies. Received an email this morning from my sales rep.

throughout the course of the season, we will hold an exclusive draw for our loge owners and season ticket holders:
• At every home game during the regular season, we will award an authentic jersey autographed by Jean Beliveau (winner does not need to be present at the game)
• Over the course of the regular season, five (5) trips for two to an away game on the team charter will be awarded

Sucks that the ''rich'' have a chance of winning all those cool things. I go to a game or two a year (would go to more but it's expensive to buy from scalpers (who are often also season ticket holders) ), but if I could afoard it (and get them without having to be on a waiting list for X amount of years while paying to be on the list) I'd get season tickets...

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Sucks that the ''rich'' have a chance of winning all those cool things. I go to a game or two a year (would go to more but it's expensive to buy from scalpers (who are often also season ticket holders) ), but if I could afoard it (and get them without having to be on a waiting list for X amount of years while paying to be on the list) I'd get season tickets...

Not all season ticket holders are rich....

JMMR

Mar 21, 2006
Ottawa
I called earlier in week and they said they would take phone orders.
Called all day today and they wont answer.
Called the other Habs Zone in Brossard and the guys just rushed me off the phone.

HELP!

chuck1984

Jan 13, 2012
Not all season ticket holders are rich....

I know, that's why I put the '' ''. But you still need to be able to afford the fee you need to pay to get on the waiting list and then the tickets themselves. Only thing that bothers me is a lot (not all) of the season ticket holders are either scalpers or companies who arent as big fans as a lot of people (one of which is me lol). Anyhoo that's just my $.02.

On another note, I'm going to the game tonight woohoo!! :D

Apr 28, 2010
Pretty obvious. Fans just want PK Subban back and for Galchenyuk to stay for 48 games. 100% you'll win them back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad