What do you think of your team's goal song?

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I'm in the minority but I really enjoy Nashville's goal horn and song. Tim McGraw into the Black Keys is solid imo. As for Detroit, i'm not really sure what our goal song really is, I wanna say we went back to "Party Til We Die" which is a good song to me, I just wish we changed our goal horn, the audio recording of the Joe's horn isnt cutting it.

Reactions: Marty Party

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007
it could always be worse you know. you could be a powerhouse franchise and have Jon Fratelli singing gibberish every time you score:laugh:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I used to not like Zombie Nation and always wanted them to replace it, but then after some of the great moments and playoff OT goals that it was attached to from like 2008-2013, now I really love it.

My favorite goal song of all time is still the original Rock n Roll Part 2. I hate that it's been basically unilaterally phased out of the league because of Gary Glitter's criminal activity. A couple teams like the Sharks IIRC used to use a cover version that just was not the same at all, lacked the oomph that the original has. I'm pretty sure that Crowd Chant was written intentionally to fill the gap in sports arenas after Glitter's arrest, but it's so forced that that song is just a flop.

I totally understand why the league wants to avoid any semblance of a connection to Gary Glitter, especially in the current political climate, but the sound of a goal horn and Rock n Roll Part 2 blasting over a cheering crowd is just the sound of hockey to me.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
neutral. don't really get to hear it often enough to grate on the nerves.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Oilers theme song is Hell Yeah by Rev Theory, it’s the same theme song as Blue Mountain State, so every time I hear about I think about Thad Castle oil changes......

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
Homer vote of course, but its gotta be the Blues. Prerecorded songs suck. Live organ music is way better.

xigon

Jun 13, 2019
This would be my goal song if it were up to me. I'm 12 though.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We have a goal song? I thought it was just a lot of screaming for joy and cheering, a big loud goal horn, as well as awesome flames that go 20 ft high at both ends of the rink...

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I couldn't even tell you what the Sabres goal song was before Let Me Clear My Throat so I think that's a good sign.

Although every time I hear the intro, I wish it was Kool & The Gang but Hollywood Swingin' wouldn't really make any sense for Western New York haha

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
I don’t like the fact that I can hear the theme we use all over the place, other NHL teams, other sports. I wish the Bruins would commission a unique theme. It’s not like there’s ever a lack of talent in Beantown...

Highway29

Don dun well?
Mar 20, 2013
I really dislike Canes goal song but the most people in the attendance seem to like it.. I just wish The Nights would make a comeback sooner than later.

And I'd love a Gaslight Anthem song as a goal song for Canes.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Leafs one is awful. Hall and Oates Dream Come True, for hockey? Terrible.

it's just so weird i don't understand it. it's like they wanted a cool old catchy retro song they thought would catch on. Unfortunately the picked a pretty lame one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad