What do you think of your team's goal song?

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Sharks have the coolest goal horn imo. Classic and just reminds me of a hockey game. Oilers one right now? it's alright don't hate it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Flyers and Cancuks also abandoned outstanding goal songs for no reason.

If you want an iconic song, you have to stick with it. That's why people always point to the Rangers and Hawks as the best ones. They're the only two teams not changing it every year.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Ducks have used Bro Hymn by Pennywise since before we won the cup in '07. Not the best in the league but its a solid choice, also they're a local band so theres that.
Not a Ducks fan but I live in LA, so I've been to many games at the Pond. I agree -- I think it's actually the best goal song in the league and also like the local connection.

Paradise Circus

May 27, 2010
YVR
The Flyers and Cancuks also abandoned outstanding goal songs for no reason.

If you want an iconic song, you have to stick with it. That's why people always point to the Rangers and Hawks as the best ones. They're the only two teams not changing it every year.

what is the Rangers goal song??

Also, agreed. Canucks new song is weak.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Penguins went from Party Hard (which was at least original) to Jump Around. It's terrible. Nobody gets excited for it.

Who was actually sitting around a table thinking "we have this song that everybody seems to like. Let's get rid of it for... let me see that Jock Jams CD. Does anybody like that Jump Around song? Yeah, let's use that."
Oh, I beg to differ. :laugh:

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Almost everyone of them is just horrible, cheesy cringy emo indie rock with whoohoo parts for the crowd to sing. It’s probably a licencing issue, I’ve heard that some songs (like from Metallica) cost unreal amounts to licence.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Leafs goal song is lit, idgaf. I used to get hating on it until I experienced it live while baked out of my mind and had half our section singing along with it after the goal.

Gold on the Ceiling (after McGraw) for the Preds is also perfect, they've used it a while and I see no reason why it should change.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Almost everyone of them is just horrible, cheesy cringy emo indie rock with whoohoo parts for the crowd to sing. It’s probably a licencing issue, I’ve heard that some songs (like from Metallica) cost unreal amounts to licence.

which teams use songs by emo bands? genuinely curious if there actually are any or if your definition of emo makes no sense lol.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Don't care for the Pens' song, just changed it. Didn't care for the previous one either. Not a big fan of goal songs I guess.....

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
which teams use songs by emo bands? genuinely curious if there actually are any or if your definition of emo makes no sense lol.

Devils, lightning, oilers, panthers, pens, blues (after saints), canucks, jets, maybe even vegas, wild/islanders to some extent. Emo might be a wrong word since its more of a appearance/style thing, but basically this american indie rock stuff that all sounds the same. But if you like these songs that’s fine music is subjective and people like what they like. I’m not saying goal songs need to be musically complex progressive songs or whatever, but perhaps something a little bit more unique and personal to the team.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Devils, lightning, oilers, panthers, pens, blues (after saints), canucks, jets, maybe even vegas, wild/islanders to some extent. Emo might be a wrong word since its more of a appearance/style thing, but basically this american indie rock stuff that all sounds the same. But if you like these songs that’s fine music is subjective and people like what they like. I’m not saying goal songs need to be musically complex progressive songs or whatever, but perhaps something a little bit more unique and personal to the team.

Devils - The Gaslight Anthem
Lightning - Mona
Oilers - Rev Theory
Canucks - Van Halen

Jets - The Phantoms
Blues - The Urge
Wild - Joe Satriani
Islanders - Joe Satriani
Golden Knights - Panic at the Disco

none the bolded could be classified as indie rock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad