What do you think of your team's goal song?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It works but the song itself, it's pretty generic. I wasn't a fan of the earlier song by Loco Locass - Le but. It was released when Halak was hot in 2010, but it went on for a long time. I liked this older one better though..

I think this is easily the best they have had.

I've heard some criticism that its dated but I think it still holds up.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
The one for the Avalanche is fine but I think it could be improved. Although it does not fit the mood of a goal song something by John Denver would be my choice.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Devils fans love to argue about our goal song and about the "you suck" that people love to incorporate in it. The current gaslight anthem song we have is meh simply because it's not great to clap or sing along with. I like the song as song just meh on it as a goal song.

I still like the hey song the most but Gary Glitter is a terrible piece of shit and the team obviously doesn't want to give him royalties / doesn't want fans yelling you suck but maybe when he finally drops dead then maybe they can get someone to do a good cover version of it and bring the song back.

The 2012 playoffs were peak goal song for us with adding in "x team sucks" Our fan base is always split on the you suck part because some people take things too literal. It's sports, it's ok to be loud and obnoxious when it's not hurting anyone and "you suck" certainly isn't even remotely the worst thing heard on regular television these days.

Last edited:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I'm not sure if I listened the current songs on all of them, but that added crowd singing makes even tracks like kernkraft and seven nation army sound like cheesy indie stuff. How would you categorize bands like panic at the disco, if you cant use vague terms like pop.

Panic at the disco is pop-punk

Crow

May 19, 2014
Still like it but a new one might be in order pretty soon. Hard to let go of it until Kane/toews/Keith are gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad