What do you think of your team's goal song?

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Devils - The Gaslight Anthem
Lightning - Mona
Oilers - Rev Theory
Canucks - Van Halen

Jets - The Phantoms
Blues - The Urge
Wild - Joe Satriani
Islanders - Joe Satriani
Golden Knights - Panic at the Disco

none the bolded could be classified as indie rock.

I'm not sure if I listened the current songs on all of them, but that added crowd singing makes even tracks like kernkraft and seven nation army sound like cheesy indie stuff. How would you categorize bands like panic at the disco, if you cant use vague terms like pop.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Penguins went from Party Hard (which was at least original) to Jump Around. It's terrible. Nobody gets excited for it.

Who was actually sitting around a table thinking "we have this song that everybody seems to like. Let's get rid of it for... let me see that Jock Jams CD. Does anybody like that Jump Around song? Yeah, let's use that."

Yeah, I'm annoyed about this one. They didn't switch to Party Hard all that long ago, and that was a fan-driven change that was really fun at the time. If they wanted a change, great, but...Jump Around is verrrrry been there, done that. It feels like an afterthought.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Used to have "You Gotta", now some utter crap. Talking about my local team here in Sweden.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Buffalo's totally blows...some hip hop song from the 80s....it's stupid and it sucks...they need to switch it to "Swords of a Thousand Men" which they were considering going to last time before some yoyo decided to go with the current garbage

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I don't mind it. It feels a bit lackluster without the cheers, because when the Bell Center is full, it feels like there is more beat in the verse. Anyway, nice track!

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I'm surprised that most teams don't use metal songs for goals. I think the middle bridge riff from Slayer's Angel of Death would create a superb post-goal atmosphere......although, I guess the possibility of a huge, violent pit erupting in the crowd may be too much of a risk. LOL

Whatever gets people at the games off their f***ing iPhones is A-ok with me.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Personally I don’t mind the Pens using “Jump Around” one bit.

It’s infinitely better than that “Rock And Roll Part 2” horseshit which should never be played at any sporting event again.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
The Canucks goal song should be Doin' It Right by the Powder Blues Band. It helps that they're local.

Opposition Penalty Song should be Too Bad by Doug and the Slugs
Home team Penalty Song should be Mama Let Him Play (some rock and roll) by Jerry Doucette

Yeah, I know it dates me

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I hate the Blues goal song so much

Love the classic organ but the song that follows is so cringey/corny

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Really like Sharks and Bruins ones. Also Hawks is great, cant remember all of them.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Caps used customized songs. Most of them are garbage, except 4.

- Shake, rattle & roll for Ovi
- Country roads for Oshie
- Johnny B. Goode for Carlson
- Eye of the tiger for Eller

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't mind it. It feels a bit lackluster without the cheers, because when the Bell Center is full, it feels like there is more beat in the verse. Anyway, nice track!

I'm not a fan. Seems generic to me. A goal song should mix in with the crowd spontaneity, rather than try to force feed a robotic "hey" every 3 seconds IMO.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I'm not a fan. Seems generic to me. A goal song should mix in with the crowd spontaneity, rather than try to force feed a robotic "hey" every 3 seconds IMO.
It works but the song itself, it's pretty generic. I wasn't a fan of the earlier song by Loco Locass - Le but. It was released when Halak was hot in 2010, but it went on for a long time. I liked this older one better though..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad