What do you think of your team's goal song?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Sens use Song 2 by Blur, which feels like an appropriate enough goal song. But knowing our budget we're probably just using a scratched up Big Shiny Tunes CD from the 90's.

Reactions: shmotz

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Chelsea Dagger for the Hawks is the best goal song, period. Hawks fans love or tolerate it while every other fan base hates it, and some even have borderline nightmares about it. Stuff like that are the best intrinsically.

As a mod, I can appreciate a quality trolljob off HFBoards.

Sigh....it's effective. :yo: :laugh:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Love Raise Up as a goal song. The song was a huge hit circa 2001 and became an anthem of the state (Carolina in my Mind by James Taylor is more or less considered the state "song"), and recently started gaining traction again, so the Canes got on the bandwagon at the right time. I liked The Nights but Raise Up should remain the goal song for the forseeable future.

For years the team used, I don't even know how to describe it, a bunch of random noises and a Yabba-Dabba-do! soundbite from The Flintstones. Thankfully it was finally put to rest when The Nights made its debut for the 2015-16 home opener.

The goal songs that were layered under the "Morning Zoo Crew" effects board crap were Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll Part 2 and Blur's Song 2, which they alternated between goals. I can understand why you might not have heard them though under all that mess of sound effects :laugh:

Reactions: HisIceness

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Habs still have the same as last year.

When they first introduced it I was like "meh", but it really grew on me. I think it fits with what a goal song is supposed to do. It's cheery, it pumps you up and it's catchy.

Yeah some people really overthink this. All goal song really needs is one catchy hook to cut in a bit through the crowd roar so people can get conditioned to it and get even more excited This one does that just fine, they should try and stick with it for a while now. Seems like half the teams in the league can't figure this out.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The Blues changed theirs just a year or so ago to feature an exclusive song from The Urge, who are from St. Louis. It was met with mixed reviews to say the least but I like it.

It's funny because on the Blues board everyone seems to hate it but if you go to a game the entire arena sings along with it. So.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I would say we kinda like it hehe.

No, we f***ing love it.

Every time it comes on im dancing in front of my screen, grinning ear to ear.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

Sabres started off awesome, you could see a noticable difference in the teams play after a goal. Remember the first game they played it the team came out and immediately scored a goal, which was then called back but still pretty awesome. Pumped up the team like a good song should.

Then for 3 years I thought "this is stupid" when they'd play the song after scoring a goal that was inconsequential in a Sabres 4-1 loss. Now that they seem good its once again the perfect song. That range of emotions from a goal song is what makes it one of the best.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Blows: with a team name like Wild, well, how many good songs have that word in the title? But no, Joe Satroani or whatever.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
The Jets song, meh, it's ok I guess. We used to have a much better one but I can't remember what it was.

The Rangers song, absolutely love it!

I like Chicago's song, although I don't cheer for them.

I hate Nashville's song, but I don't like country, so that doesn't help.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I never found Chicago's annoying that I remember, and even less lately now that it plays a lot less.

The Rangers song isn't annoying, It is just great. I'm jealous. Very New York feeling, and aggressive.

Reactions: Machinehead

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The Jets song, meh, it's ok I guess. We used to have a much better one but I can't remember what it was.

The Rangers song, absolutely love it!

I like Chicago's song, although I don't cheer for them.

I hate Nashville's song, but I don't like country, so that doesn't help.

You can't really hear our goal song, so at least there is that.

The jet sound effect is awesome though

Last edited:
Reactions: Saitama

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Habs still have the same as last year.

When they first introduced it I was like "meh", but it really grew on me. I think it fits with what a goal song is supposed to do. It's cheery, it pumps you up and it's catchy.

I always liked this one

Reactions: jBuds

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I'd like somehow these adjustement when whatever a player scores a goal. The goalhorn being about the players entrance songs or their voice (singing) recorded. Or involving the fans into the process. Gonna vary things a bit. The same repetitive song that's outmoded. The fan experience will benefit by this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad