What do you think of your team's goal song?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Chelsea Dagger for the Hawks is the best goal song, period. Hawks fans love or tolerate it while every other fan base hates it, and some even have borderline nightmares about it. Stuff like that are the best intrinsically.

As a mod, I can appreciate a quality trolljob off HFBoards.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
The leafs have the worst goal song in pro sports.
Penguins went from Party Hard (which was at least original) to Jump Around. It's terrible. Nobody gets excited for it.

Who was actually sitting around a table thinking "we have this song that everybody seems to like. Let's get rid of it for... let me see that Jock Jams CD. Does anybody like that Jump Around song? Yeah, let's use that."

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'm not sure what the Red Wings have been using so far this season. That said, it's not that trash Jack White song from last year, so it's an improvement.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Chelsea Dagger for the Hawks is the best goal song, period. Hawks fans love or tolerate it while every other fan base hates it, and some even have borderline nightmares about it. Stuff like that are the best intrinsically.

As a mod, I can appreciate a quality trolljob off HFBoards.
That was a brilliant decision. I hate that song more than anything.

Reactions: iamjs

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Love Raise Up as a goal song. The song was a huge hit circa 2001 and became an anthem of the state (Carolina in my Mind by James Taylor is more or less considered the state "song"), and recently started gaining traction again, so the Canes got on the bandwagon at the right time. I liked The Nights but Raise Up should remain the goal song for the forseeable future.

For years the team used, I don't even know how to describe it, a bunch of random noises and a Yabba-Dabba-do! soundbite from The Flintstones. Thankfully it was finally put to rest when The Nights made its debut for the 2015-16 home opener.

Reactions: garnetpalmetto

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Highly agree, and I thought The Enforcer by Monster Truck was just perfect for the Leafs with the Leafs chant.

But I have mixed feelings about the Jets one, but one song I'd love to be the Jets goal song is Runnin' Wild by Airbourne.

The Jets have failed pretty hard on the goal song since returning.
The first song they used was likely the best.
The year of the Heritage Classic game they used Van Halen Jump as a nod to Jets 1.0 era (that was the entrance song for many years).

The last couple of been pretty much embarrassing.

I always thought a cheesy good one for Winnipeg would be to use the right part of the chorus from Paul McCartney and Wings - JET.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Jets have failed pretty hard on the goal song since returning.
The first song they used was likely the best.
The year of the Heritage Classic game they used Van Halen Jump as a nod to Jets 1.0 era (that was the entrance song for many years).

The last couple of been pretty much embarrassing.

I always thought a cheesy good one for Winnipeg would be to use the right part of the chorus from Paul McCartney and Wings - JET.

To be honest I can live with this. I'd be down to help start a petition to make this our goal song instead of our current awful one. But like I said, I thought back when the Moose was the one and only hockey team in Winnipeg when they used Running Wild by Airbourne for their Calder Cup run back in 2009 it was just too good.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I like what Columbus has and the cannon is cool. However at 3 goals they have the chili chant and that is pure garbage

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
People seem to really hate the Leafs' goal song but I love it. It's has such a "I just scored so IDGAF" vibe.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.

Love Raise Up as a goal song. The song was a huge hit circa 2001 and became an anthem of the state (Carolina in my Mind by James Taylor is more or less considered the state "song"), and recently started gaining traction again, so the Canes got on the bandwagon at the right time. I liked The Nights but Raise Up should remain the goal song for the forseeable future.

For years the team used, I don't even know how to describe it, a bunch of random noises and a Yabba-Dabba-do! soundbite from The Flintstones. Thankfully it was finally put to rest when The Nights made its debut for the 2015-16 home opener.

That's a horrible deflating piece of sound. Come on.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Leafs one is awful. Hall and Oates Dream Come True, for hockey? Terrible.

Strong agree. Gotta change that.

I hate the Bruins goal song. Its terrible. That said, every time I hear it, I feel happiness. It's become a part of my experience of when my team scores a goal at home. It would take a while for a new one to give me that same feeling but I'd love it if they mixed it up.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Strong agree. Gotta change that.

I hate the Bruins goal song. Its terrible. That said, every time I hear it, I feel happiness. It's become a part of my experience of when my team scores a goal at home. It would take a while for a new one to give me that same feeling but I'd love it if they mixed it up.

I actually like the Bruins goal song, I hear it played at other arenas so it must be somewhat popular.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Penguins went from Party Hard (which was at least original) to Jump Around. It's terrible. Nobody gets excited for it.

Who was actually sitting around a table thinking "we have this song that everybody seems to like. Let's get rid of it for... let me see that Jock Jams CD. Does anybody like that Jump Around song? Yeah, let's use that."

Imagine having "Party Hard" and saying "you know what? this is too contemporary, take me back to 1992!"

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

MD93

Dec 31, 2013
Ducks have used Bro Hymn by Pennywise since before we won the cup in '07. Not the best in the league but its a solid choice, also they're a local band so theres that.

Reactions: phillyb and shmotz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad