Western Conference Round Robin (Blues, Avalanche, Golden Knights, Stars)

What will the final standings be?

• 1. Blues

Votes: 97 32.9%
  • 2. Blues

Votes: 108 36.6%
  • 3. Blues

Votes: 69 23.4%
  • 4. Blues

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 1. Avalanche

Votes: 160 54.2%
  • 2. Avalanche

Votes: 86 29.2%
  • 3. Avalanche

Votes: 38 12.9%
  • 4. Avalanche

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • 1. Golden Knights

Votes: 33 11.2%
  • 2. Golden Knights

Votes: 64 21.7%
  • 3. Golden Knights

Votes: 115 39.0%
  • 4. Golden Knights

Votes: 58 19.7%
  • 1. Stars

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • 2. Stars

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • 3. Stars

Votes: 47 15.9%
  • 4. Stars

Votes: 195 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Avs fans getting pretty big in their britches after a second round bounce from the San Jose Sharks, a team that finished 3rd lowest in the standings this season. Must be that Cale Makar guy.

Your team just won their first cup. Stop acting like a 12 year old and show some humility. Everyone is well aware the Blues are an excellent team and are the likely favourite coming out of the west. Get over it.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Blues fans getting pretty big in their britches after ONE cup run lol

I get it, but there's some pretty stupid stuff being proclaimed here

Plus none of these guys have played in 5 months. Everything you thought you knew about these teams could be wildly wrong.

Indeed
Few people how hard it is to repeat or win multiple cups. When you are the champ, everyone steps their game up against you.

Did not expect St Louis to be so salty
Huh? Every other Blues poster (including myself) said they picked the Avs to win the round robbin.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Not tryin to kiss ass here but I respect the hell out of the Avs. I think they have as good of a chance to win this thing as we do. And based on what I've seen in this thread its going to really suck if we lose to them lol

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Not tryin to kiss ass here but I respect the hell out of the Avs. I think they have as good of a chance to win this thing as we do. And based on what I've seen in this thread its going to really suck if we lose to them lol
Nazem the dream and Namestnikov were good additions and will only benefit them in the playoffs. This avs team just hasn't shown much in the playoffs.

The round robins are gonna be odd... I'm sure there will be some compete and grit laid down, but it won't feel like playoff hockey til... well until the playoffs lol

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
This is also the first time this Avs team is going into the playoffs with some expectations. The last 2 seasons they went in as the underdogs but are now a legitimate contender. It will be interesting to see how they handle the pressure. It feels like that's always hurdle for these up and coming contending teams.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
These players haven’t played a real game in months. It’s going to be sloppy hockey which is unpredictable. Will be interesting to see how the goalies respond.

Reactions: 5280 and BlueMed

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Blues fans getting pretty big in their britches after ONE cup run lol

I get it, but there's some pretty stupid stuff being proclaimed here

Plus none of these guys have played in 5 months. Everything you thought you knew about these teams could be wildly wrong.

Did not expect St Louis to be so salty

It's literally one person saying the things you're all referring to. The generalization that happens here is incredible.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
It's literally one person saying the things you're all referring to. The generalization that happens here is incredible.

What these Avs fans don't understand is that I am not pumping up the Blues as much as I am quieting their expectations of the Avs. The contender status gets thrown around every single year to talented regular season teams, but the Avs still have major holes in their roster and lack of experience before they prove they are legitimately equal to the Blues. Their core group has proven nothing. We just won a cup. That's all I've been saying.

Last edited:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
What these Avs fans don't understand is that I am not pumping up the Blues as much as I am quieting their expectations of the Avs. The contender status gets thrown around every single year to talented regular season teams, but the Avs still have major holes in their roster and lack of experience before they prove they are legitimately equal to the Blues. Their core group has proven nothing. That's all I've been saying.

To be fair, I don’t think Avs fans really viewed the team as a contender until this season. Nor should they have been considered one. It was an incredibly flawed roster.

This year, they look like a strong squad, but who knows what will happen in this bizarre playoff.

The Blues are a good team too. They are pretty similar in caliber to Colorado. It’ll just come down to who plays better if they matchup.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Major holes is a stretch the Avs are as deep as anyone. They scored more goals than the Blues this season and had 2 fewer goals against albeit in 1 less game played.

I get that your team just won a cup. They also missed the playoffs the year before. The Avs have just as much chance at a championship as anyone this year especially considering the odd circumstances

Reactions: Lemonlimey

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
What these Avs fans don't understand is that I am not pumping up the Blues as much as I am quieting their expectations of the Avs. The contender status gets thrown around every single year to talented regular season teams, but the Avs still have major holes in their roster and lack of experience before they prove they are legitimately equal to the Blues. Their core group has proven nothing. We just won a cup. That's all I've been saying.
Please. Every year is a new season and you don't know anything about what it really takes to win a cup. You just watched it happen on TV like the rest of us. Stop acting like you're the first one to understand what it takes to win the ultimate prize in sports and that you have an eye for who has it and who doesn't.

For a long time nobody thought the Blues had the juice to win a cup, despite having great teams. And then they did, kinda when nobody expected it too (big midseason slump) so I think Blues fans should be the first to say that a team can overcome some perceived weaknesses to go on a cup run. You just seem like a child who hasn't been watching for many seasons and now you feel like you understand everything lol.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I was more confident back in March than I am now. I felt like we were just finding our stride and now it's a complete toss up all round. I have to say I'm not dreading playing the stars as much as the Blues. But the Avs concern me probably the most, If we could stop Bellemare (why oh why did we let him go) scoring on us in the first minute of the game though, I like our chances a lot better.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Nazem the dream and Namestnikov were good additions and will only benefit them in the playoffs. This avs team just hasn't shown much in the playoffs.

The round robins are gonna be odd... I'm sure there will be some compete and grit laid down, but it won't feel like playoff hockey til... well until the playoffs lol

This is the first time we have a team capable of winning Stanley Cup. Last year's second round was good practice but that's all we expected. Good practise. Now we are in this for real.

Let's see how they do.

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
I think the Avs have the offense to come out of the west but I am not sure about their defense and goaltending. I think a team like Dallas could be real trouble for them. Looking forward to this for sure though! There will probably be some unforeseen upsets that prevent some of these teams from seeing each other anyway.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs were undefeated in regulation this year as a healthy team. 7-0-1 in their first 8 games and suffered their first loss in the 9th game when Rantanen got hurt.

I’m expecting October style, wide open hockey which should suit the Avs well. In saying that, that 9th game of the season which they lost came against the Blues who completely suffocated them.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
On top of skating hard to get their game legs and establishing their line chemistry, I think all 4 teams will want to win enough to finish 3rd or higher.

Ie; avoiding finishing 4th and facing McDavid /Draisatl in the 1st round

There isnt much difference in finishing 1st, 2nd or 3rd in terms of benefit...but i think the round robin teams will want to avoid Edmonton who could have their stars hot after the play in.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad