Western Conference Round Robin (Blues, Avalanche, Golden Knights, Stars)

What will the final standings be?

• 1. Blues

Votes: 97 32.9%
  • 2. Blues

Votes: 108 36.6%
  • 3. Blues

Votes: 69 23.4%
  • 4. Blues

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 1. Avalanche

Votes: 160 54.2%
  • 2. Avalanche

Votes: 86 29.2%
  • 3. Avalanche

Votes: 38 12.9%
  • 4. Avalanche

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • 1. Golden Knights

Votes: 33 11.2%
  • 2. Golden Knights

Votes: 64 21.7%
  • 3. Golden Knights

Votes: 115 39.0%
  • 4. Golden Knights

Votes: 58 19.7%
  • 1. Stars

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • 2. Stars

Votes: 17 5.8%
  • 3. Stars

Votes: 47 15.9%
  • 4. Stars

Votes: 195 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Remember that time the 82 point Stars finished ahead of the 94 point Blues because of a shootout?
The Blues played 3 games just like everyone else. The only thing they did differently than everyone else was not win a single game. Let’s not feel bad for them.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The Blues played 3 games just like everyone else. The only thing they did differently than everyone else was not win a single game. Let’s not feel bad for them.
There should be a "just like everyone else". Blues and Avs earned the right to be exempt from this nonsense by their regular seasons. NHL really failed the top teams, they easily could have looked at more dynamic options like the NBA did.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
There should be a "just like everyone else". Blues and Avs earned the right to be exempt from this nonsense by their regular seasons. NHL really failed the top teams, they easily could have looked at more dynamic options like the NBA did.
Dude the Blues get to play the 9th place team in the Western conference. Why are you acting like they’re at a disadvantage? If it bothers them so much they should have tried mixing in a win.

Reactions: Hasbro

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
That's what every team said before we played them.

You guys lost to San Jose, the same team we destroyed in the WCF. The score differential of our last 3 games with them was 12-2. It's absurd to say that "one bounce here or there" would have put you guys past San Jose, then St. Louis or Dallas, and then Boston. And people like to compare offense and defense and goaltending, but you guys don't have the intangibles. I'm talking about the resiliency and experience. Elite teams like Chicago and LA in years past were so difficult to beat because they not only had a complete roster (which you guys don't), but they also never stopped believing that they would win, regardless of the score. You guys don't have that just because you hope they do.

What these Avs fans don't understand is that I am not pumping up the Blues as much as I am quieting their expectations of the Avs. The contender status gets thrown around every single year to talented regular season teams, but the Avs still have major holes in their roster and lack of experience before they prove they are legitimately equal to the Blues. Their core group has proven nothing. We just won a cup. That's all I've been saying.

i love watching people hype the preseason. see you boys when the games count.

So much for experience and intangibles eh bud.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
For DAL/STL, how big was that 3-4 round robin game? I feel like STL May have matched up better with CGY

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Huge, I think VAN could’ve taken DAL out since it took a while for them to get into groove.

DAL/CGY was a chaotic all over the map type of series. Markstrom would have probably been a different type of goalie compared to what Talbot was save for the G3 shutout.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Lol you sound so unbelievably unintelligent spouting off like this.

Avs:

"do not have intangibles"
"have an incomplete roster"
"can't possibly have a never-say-die attitude"

Blues:

"destroyed the Sharks" in 6 games, including getting blown out in game 1. You said the sharks sucked this year anyways, so what are you bragging about having taken 6 games to beat them?
"never stop believing, no matter what"
"have resiliency and experience" that apparently no other team can attain?

God you are such a homer lol. Do you honestly believe the Avs suck or something? It's really not that bold to say they were very good this year... Maybe there's some other underlying reason for you wanting to put them down?

Lmao, cant wait to bump this post in a few weeks

Please. Every year is a new season and you don't know anything about what it really takes to win a cup. You just watched it happen on TV like the rest of us. Stop acting like you're the first one to understand what it takes to win the ultimate prize in sports and that you have an eye for who has it and who doesn't.

For a long time nobody thought the Blues had the juice to win a cup, despite having great teams. And then they did, kinda when nobody expected it too (big midseason slump) so I think Blues fans should be the first to say that a team can overcome some perceived weaknesses to go on a cup run. You just seem like a child who hasn't been watching for many seasons and now you feel like you understand everything lol.

Here, I'll bump it for ya. I think Colorado will win a cup in the future, but they lack leadership, depth, defense, and goaltending. Losing 4 games in a row demonstrates lack of resiliency. Funny how Blues fans were saying these things before last year's playoffs, and now the Avs have been bounced in the 2nd round again.

Reactions: KidLine93

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Well, if all that’s required is a few guys with cup experience, I guess it’s a good thing we got Burakovsky and Cole on the roster. I’m sure they’ll show em how to win.

None of those teams were thought to be on that level until suddenly they won a cup and they were. Most of this roster is on their 3rd straight playoff run. We might still have holes to fill (might not), but experience shouldn’t be an issue.

None of this makes any sense. You’re basically excluding any experience the Avs have for... reasons. In 2018, the Avs lost to presidents trophy winners and reigning western conference champion Nashville Predators. In 2019, the Avs were one goal in a game 7 from the WCF themselves, and that came after beating the crap out of the favored Calgary Flames in round 1. Somehow none of this counts as experience or adversity.

Late additions only matter if you aren’t good enough as-is. Our team is solidly better than last year. Is it enough? Maybe. Maybe not. We’re about to find out. But you’re going to be the only one talking about a lack of playoff experience being a concern for this team. If anything if this team does make some noise in these playoffs, the amount of experience the Avs have will be cited as a contributing factor.

Still think Colorado doesn't need more veteran experience?

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
What these Avs fans don't understand is that I am not pumping up the Blues as much as I am quieting their expectations of the Avs. The contender status gets thrown around every single year to talented regular season teams, but the Avs still have major holes in their roster and lack of experience before they prove they are legitimately equal to the Blues. Their core group has proven nothing. We just won a cup. That's all I've been saying.

I have said multiple times I think they are significantly more talented this year and have them in the conference finals. Not discrediting what the avs have done, simply point out facts of previous Stanley cup champs. We’ll see if it’s correlation or causation. The blue line will be tested and see how they perform. Can’t wait for the avs fans to come chirping after winning tonight

What's the point? You won't show lol

Where you at?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Still think Colorado doesn't need more veteran experience?

Oh boy, how long have you been waiting to make this post?

We passed the experienced Blues, pretty easily too.

No, the Avs need to eliminate mistakes or the players who make them. That's it. The Avs played pretty well in games 5 and 6. They had good zone time, solid amount of shots on net, favorable xGF%. They just had a few idiots that kept turning the puck over. Personally, I'd fire Graves or Nemeth into the sun and give Byram, with his 0 playoff games experience, the nod. But hey, not my call.

Playoff experience remains overrated. Either you are good enough or you aren't. This time, we weren't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->