Post-Game Talk: Welp - Leafs Lose to the Wings 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
The leafs team looks better when Gardiner is not playing. The blowouts come when Gardiner is in the lineup (penguins) and the team plays better when he is not playing

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The leafs team looks better when Gardiner is not playing. The blowouts come when Gardiner is in the lineup (penguins) and the team plays better when he is not playing

He got paid too much money, too soon? :dunno:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Move Phaneuf back to the right side and don't pair Gardiner and Rielly together.

Percy Phaneuf
Gardiner Polak
Rielly Robidas/Franson

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Man, I use to be a big supporter of Reimer, but hose days have gone by. His rebound control is just not good enough. Lets out way to many that results in continued play. Plus gives up some suspect goals. A good back-up, but not a starter. Consistency issues.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto

:shakehead Ya, the loss tonight was %100 on him. Gardiner makes the Leafs better, and was one of our better defenceman tonight.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
This game was boring and they lost. So maybe you want exciting games?

But, we weren't boring enough! We needed to play a lot more boring than the Wings. It means we should have been a lot tighter defensively!

We also will somehow manage to lose the exciting games too!

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Man, I use to be a big supporter of Reimer, but hose days have gone by. His rebound control is just not good enough. Lets out way to many that results in continued play. Plus gives up some suspect goals. A good back-up, but not a starter. Consistency issues.

Are you being critical of the goals that he gave up tonight?

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
So frustrated with this team. I'd want to throw my jersey on the ice too if I was at the game.

Polak looked like a complete pylon out there tonight. I am incensed every time I see Clarkson and think about how much he gets paid.

I think I am finally ready to say sell it all and go full rebuild, this core will never get us to a cup....

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
This is why I advocate throwing jerseys in Shanahan's direction next time there is a stinker.

Let's call it the Leafs sweater uprising. Just Unacceptable.

Does Dollarama sell Leafs fake Jerseys. I want to see hundreds thrown towards the Exec box.

Nonis*

Completely irrational to put any blame on Shanahan, he's been here 6 months and hasn't made many moves, this is Nonis' team

Throw the jersey at Nonis or even Carlyle

Edit: Maybe Burkes team with a dash of Nonis, point stands.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We have given up as many goals as Buffalo (18 in 5 games), only they are 1-4 and we are 2-3. They are rebuilding, we are not. Hurray for progress.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Next game is Carlyle's 150th with the team, I believe, and they still can't manage a simple breakout. Even the normally dense Greg Millen noticed that in the 3rd. I don't believe for a second that this roster is really as bad as he gets them playing more often than not.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This team will finish 9th, it's almost a given. No progression.

Keep the draft core...

Kadri
Rielly
Nylander
Percy

And Bernier. Build from there.

With Bibeau on the Marlies I wouldn't even keep Bernier if we could get a really good piece. If it's the point of rebuilding, I'd keep Reimer.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
What a poop show we are....we beat two struggling teams thus far and had our rear end handed to us by a team that will struggling to make the playoffs.

Lost most puck battles and lacked anything resembling pride. JVR has been horrible all 4 games thus far and looks slow compared to last season. The experiment of Dion playing his weakside needs to stop...and do not tell me because he is a left shot that his strong side is his left...its not. Dion played ok, but took two stupid penalties. Polak was horrible as was Percy, and Franson was slow as per usual....Rielly and Gardiner were our best pairing but that was not saying much.

Dion needs to play with Gardiner and the sooner the better.
Riemer can not be faulted for the loss but he played just ok.

Carlyle was brutal tonight, so many poor decisions. We just scored a goal and he puts out a non offensive line? Same with an icing call, he puts out our 3rd line against tired players.

Santo, Winik, and Komarov all played well....

Lets hope we get some bounce tomorrow and we get some puck luck.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

This isn't a game that had anything to do with Reimer.

This was a disgusting display by the 1st. pairing and 2nd. line.

And the 1st. line was no great shakes either.

Leaf fan needs cup

Apr 18, 2014
Toronto
New to this thread. I'm a die hard Leafs fan, but tonight was just...................ugly. It was one of those games where just watching it makes you depressed. To make matters worse, there was NO energy from the crowd. Seriously, WHY do people go to these games if they won't cheer? I know some of them are there because of free tickets, but there has to be someone who knows a thing or two about hockey at those games, right? Obviously a hockey team shouldn't blame its losses and problems on the fans, but we have to show support. Instead, we toss jerseys onto the ice. The leafs may be a bad hockey team, but they are not bad people.They don't lose on purpose. I feel awful for those guys who worked so hard to try to get the W, and we just absolutely ***** on their morale. I know some guys had a no effort night and were just going with the motions, but we have to respect those guys as human beings as well. Now that my rant is over with, let's be optimistic about the next game! Bernier is looking to rebound, the boys are hopefully fired up from the rough play from the Wings and Quincey and they are hopefully looking to get right back at them!

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
What a poop show we are....we beat two struggling teams thus far and had our rear end handed to us by a team that will struggling to make the playoffs.

Lost most puck battles and lacked anything resembling pride. JVR has been horrible all 4 games thus far and looks slow compared to last season. The experiment of Dion playing his weakside needs to stop...and do not tell me because he is a left shot that his strong side is his left...its not. Dion played ok, but took two stupid penalties. Polak was horrible as was Percy, and Franson was slow as per usual....Rielly and Gardiner were our best pairing but that was not saying much.

Dion needs to play with Gardiner and the sooner the better.
Riemer can not be faulted for the loss but he played just ok.

Carlyle was brutal tonight, so many poor decisions. We just scored a goal and he puts out a non offensive line? Same with an icing call, he puts out our 3rd line against tired players.

Santo, Winik, and Komarov all played well....

Lets hope we get some bounce tomorrow and we get some puck luck.

Well said. RC needs to get out of his own way. He often says "we put players in positions where they can succeed". Seems to me he does the opposite!

Mar 26, 2010
Stellar performance... right guys :sarcasm:.

But but but, Dion is a $50M #1 man :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad